Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing

Options
  • 25-03-2016 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I applied for mature nursing in February. I didn't include my Leaving cert results on the application as i thought it was only the aptitude exam that counted?

I got a letter today saying that i omitted my Leaving cert results and that i should post them in to the CAO?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Got that letter too, ignored it. The aptitude test is the only thing that matters for mature code nursing.

Double check your course codes to make sure that you only entered mature codes. Then if you did, disregard the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Nursing as a mature student. What would the yearly fees be for somewhere like UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Luke92 wrote: »
    Nursing as a mature student. What would the yearly fees be for somewhere like UCD?

€7,353.00 in 2015/2016

http://www.ucd.ie/students/fees/undergrad2015.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AliceWalker16

Hi All,

Does anyone know how the points sytem works for mature Nursing - is it 240points max you can get in the exam and its based on that? Was looking up the points for last year.

Yes that's basically it.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Hope all are set for the exam!

Thanks! Hope all are set for the exam!

Bricking it. All we can do is try our best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

So how did everybody get on? I found the time allocation really tight. At least the experience of doing it will stand to me when i try again next year.

I only got about 3/4 of the Numerical test if even, when the time ran out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nd7

Was the numerical section really hard then ?

Nd7 wrote: »

I would'nt say it was difficult, maybe i just dwelt too long on the answers. I couldn't believe how little time you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Nd7

had you done any preparation course ?

Mines not until Thursday so still studying away. I've heard the maths while not hard, there is just not enough time. 40 seconds is fine for the easy stuff but some of the time, speed and distance and graph questions could get you.

Verbal is my weak point, I did the prep day but still nervous about that. I haven't even looked at the job sim stuff they gave me, what will be will be...

No i didn't do the prep course but i will definitely be more prepared for it next year. The fact i didn't finish the Numerical rules me out of the running.

risteard7 wrote: »
    No i didn't do the prep course but i will definitely be more prepared for it next year. The fact i didn't finish the Numerical rules me out of the running.

No it doesn't. Once you reach the qualifying score regardless of finishing or not you'll pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenz101

Hi did anybody on here do the Mature Nursing Assessment exam in Neptune Stadium in Cork last Saturday the 16th of April just wondering did everybody get all the maths question done i didnt and had to leave out 7 questions and now feeling bad but i just didnt have the time the rest were fine like. Im just so worried and wont know anything until june

You're not the only one, loads of people on the midwifery/nursing group on FB didn't finish the maths.

its just a shame we have to wait 8 weeks now to find out

Hi,

I wouldn't worry lots of people didn't finish the maths. I actually found the job scenario section difficult I was caught for time. Did anyone else find this section hard?
    Hate the waiting now!

Hi would anybody know what the score was last year to be offered a place i wish these results were just here im kinda freaking out over it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 P65421

How many maths questions should be answered to pass do ye think I got 17 done will that be enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Dont worry about not finishing the maths lads, most people won't finish them, the test is designed that way.

I'm in my 3rd year of general nursing now and I don't think any of the mature students in my year got the maths section finished but yet we're all here today. :-)

Its a horrible drawn out process but try to stay positive, a lot of people are very surprised when they get their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 P65421

Thanks for that hopefully so it will work out....hate waiting...😯😯😯😯

Nd7 wrote: »
    I would'nt say it was difficult, maybe i just dwelt too long on the answers. I couldn't believe how little time you have.
    Hi do you know what the score has to be to pass?? i cant understand it

jenz101 wrote: »
    Hi do you know what the score has to be to pass?? i cant understand it

I haven't a clue what way it works. We'll just have to wait till June. I'm not going to stress over it. If i get it great if not, i'll just go again next year.

Pass score changes every year depending on the scores of everyone.

results are going to be out this week!!

results are going to be out this week!!

My nerves are wrecked 🙈

jenz101 wrote: »
    My nerves are wrecked 🙈

Me too! I keep checking everyday best of luck :)

Me too! I keep checking everyday best of luck :)

Are they posted out or do we check online?

• Advertisement

Are they posted out or do we check online?

Both I think, the last few years they have gone up online and the next day are in the post. I called the public appointment service and they said they would be out this week. I keep checking online. I hope dont have to wait till Tuesday.

Advertisement