Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

god knows another thread on Brewing..waht can i brew

Options
  • 30-05-2016 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Ok...here it goes...
    I recently got a fermentor along with second tub for syphoning...
    And i wonder what i can actually do with it to make something drinkable...

Drinkable meaning...something to throw ice into and maybe a flavour for summer drinks...cheap summer drinks...

What i see around is making sugar washes...but after that i am abit hazy to know where they go...many many videos out there...but i thought to drop in here for some expert-ish advice...
    Currently not looking to distill anything or wait 8 months and the like....summer alcohol that takes a few days or weeks to brew? possible??

again....question is what i can actually make with the fermetor tubs i bought and turbo yeasts.....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A kit cider, perhaps. There are lots available, they're quick to do and turn out what I think you're looking for. No turbo yeast necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

Beer nut;...right now i am drinking something akin to a prison brew..last weekend i got a 5litre water bottle,put in a full grated ginger,2 cups sugar,4 tea spoons double snake yeast, honey and waited...after burping it more times than a bloated baby i am now drinking what appears to be ginger soup...i cannot make out alcohol...not from taste anyhow....

reason i am after something quick is i makde a little promise to try and stop buying store bought alcohol...

i am in great health...i dont mind drinking homebrews as long as i dont go blind....

Cider you say...i shall look...

tAkes a while???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

bigtomm wrote: »
    tAkes a while???
    Four weeks will do it. Or half that if you don't mind drinking it flat.

Advertisement