Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MacGyver (2016)

• 22-05-2016 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Been a huge fan of the one true Macgyver (RDA) I really dont know what to make of this :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

My initial thought was NO they cant do this , not on my watch

but you know what ,let them try , maybe we get something as fun as the first iteration but with a pace that can survive in 2016.
    If it fails I will forget about it soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

My initial thought was NO they cant do this , not on my watch

but you know what ,let them try , maybe we get something as fun as the first iteration but with a pace that can survive in 2016.
    If it fails I will forget about it soon enough

Im just waiting for a reboot of Magnum Pi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looking forward to this, I have to say that MacGyver hasn't aged well at all compared to A-Team or Knight Rider from the same era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

So hes a teen now ? Awful choice. And no hint of the original score ? Looks terrible. The A Team had so much scope to be a hard, gritty reboot and they ****ed it up.

Looking forward to this, I have to say that MacGyver hasn't aged well at all compared to A-Team or Knight Rider from the same era.

I'd argue that MacGyver has aged the best of all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

jonon9 wrote: »
    Im just waiting for a reboot of Magnum Pi :D

There isn't enough moustache hair in the world for that :D

I still watch the re-runs of MacGyver on SKy - loved it as a kid and still love it. This reboot might be a complete disaster seeing as there is only one true Mac but I'm looking forward to watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That looks like complete dung.

M

Heckler wrote: »
    I'd argue that MacGyver has aged the best of all three.

The picture quality and special fx are terrible compared to others of the era, like someone filmed it on a £500 camcorder.

The picture quality and special fx are terrible compared to others of the era, like someone filmed it on a £500 camcorder.

Not sure what you mean by picture quality. You mean how it looks now on Youtube or whatever ?

On a side note I hear CHiPs is in the running for a remake !!

So many great shows from the 80's. Simon and Simon, Scarecrow and Mr's King, Manimal, bring 'em back alive, Automan, greatest american hero. Can't believe they haven't remade Greatest American Hero.

The fall guy, bionic man, TJ hooker. When TV theme songs were great. And from the 80's Miami Vice theme still stands up.

• Advertisement

When Erik Estrada left Chips a certain Bruce Jenner stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I sill wait and see what patty and selma have to say before I make my mind up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

Heckler wrote:
    So many great shows from the 80's. Simon and Simon, Scarecrow and Mr's King, Manimal, bring 'em back alive, Automan, greatest american hero. Can't believe they haven't remade Greatest American Hero.

They are remaking TGAH as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The fall guy, bionic man, TJ hooker. When TV theme songs were great. And from the 80's Miami Vice theme still stands up.
    Loved Scarecrow and Mrs. King!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Jake and the fat man was my favourite. Clip above looks muck

M

Not sure what you mean by picture quality. You mean how it looks now on Youtube or whatever ?

No I'd been watching them on Netflix when they were there and just the quality of filming and lighting was a like a really low budget b movie, much poorer quality to others of the same era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Not in the running. It's in Post-production

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493405/?ref_=nv_sr_2

• Registered Users Posts: 71,590 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

AUNT SELMA HAS ONE HOUR TO LIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

did he ever change into anything other than a panther or a eagle?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ugh! There was only ever one Angus MacGyver and not even the legend himself, with a tin can, a couple of wheel nuts and a frayed old alice band, could remake him. Terrible idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I recall a Dolphin and i think a Mouse as well

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A snake and I think a Bear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The pilot is being reshot by James Wan (Saw and Fast & The Furious 7) looks like it didn't go down well at all no surprise really looking at that trailer.

James Wan will be show runner as well with Henry Winkler (Yeah) producing like he did with the original.

It's been recast as well with only Lucas Till & George Eads staying on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A snake and I think a Bear as well.

A fly or other small insect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,912 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We had a modern up date remake in Burn Notice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We had a modern up date remake in Burn Notice :p

I actually thought Burn Notice was a new upgrade of Mac........Walked in while it was on and it was "some threat ongoing, use science/technology/whatever the hell was lying around" :D Got hooked on BN - shame it was cancelled so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

FanadMan wrote: »
    I actually thought Burn Notice was a new upgrade of Mac........Walked in while it was on and it was "some threat ongoing, use science/technology/whatever the hell was lying around" :DGot hooked on BN - shame it was cancelled so soon.

Burn Notice ran for 7 seasons. Final season was only 13 episodes if that's what you mean by cancelled. A great run by any measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

DubTony wrote: »
    Burn Notice ran for 7 seasons. Final season was only 13 episodes if that's what you mean by cancelled. A great run by any measure.

It was a good show, and had a good old run too with 7 seasons, but it's time was up. It was getting very stale there, so they made the right decision in the end. There was a definite MacGyver vibe to it, from the make and do bomb disposal kits to the voice over explaining how he did it all, but it had something more than MacGyver too (guns for one thing).

A remake of MacGyver just sounds like an awful idea. Like the remake of Knight Rider, bringing back Heroes, and now Prison Break, this is just bad. The original trailer is gone but can be found on Youtube, and it just looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 G.Ames

It was a good show, and had a good old run too with 7 seasons, but it's time was up. It was getting very stale there, so they made the right decision in the end. There was a definite MacGyver vibe to it, from the make and do bomb disposal kits to the voice over explaining how he did it all, but it had something more than MacGyver too (guns for one thing).

A remake of MacGyver just sounds like an awful idea. Like the remake of Knight Rider, bringing back Heroes, and now Prison Break, this is just bad. The original trailer is gone but can be found on Youtube, and it just looks terrible.

I'm with you, this remakes of good old 80's TV-Shows are horrible, even A-Team the movie sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

G.Ames wrote: »
    I'm with you, this remakes of good old 80's TV-Shows are horrible, even A-Team the movie sucks.

I'm not sure actually. When I first watched it I thought it was pretty poor alright, but repeat viewings put it in the "this is watchable if forgettable fun" for me.

Advertisement