Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Scarlets, Sat 7 May 3pm; Live on S4C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Everyone getting a bollocking from Nigel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That should be the BP and 5th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pretty sure CJ got it down for the try anyway. Should get the victory now at least.
    Poor performance though and lucky scarlets were rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Clareman wrote: »
    That should be the BP and 5th I think

Munster cannot finish fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Stander muscles himself over the line.

• Advertisement

Dropped i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Munster cannot finish fifth.

Can they not?

I was wrong it seems.

Goodman CJ

mansize wrote: »
    Can they not?

I think it's matches won before points difference. We can't overtake Scarlets.

How many times has the last person in the Scarlets line knocked on during a break?

• Advertisement

CJ nearly killed ROM with that pass.

Good break from Keatley.

How many times has the last person in the Scarlets line knocked on during a break?

Again.

Good break from Keatley.

2 great breaks from him now.

What was Cronin at there?? Just stay away from it ffs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Pretty sure CJ got it down for the try anyway. Should get the victory now at least.
    Poor performance though and lucky scarlets were rubbish

Not sure if it was a try tbh.

The ball went forward, not sure if he hit if forward, before he gathered it and then grounded it. He definitely lost control of the ball in that move

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Not sure if it was a try tbh.

The ball went forward, not sure if he hit if forward, before he gathered it and then grounded it. He definitely lost control of the ball in that move

He had a hand on it while placing the ball, would have been harsh not to give it.

That's the handicap definitely beaten now, phew

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He had a hand on it while placing the ball, would have been harsh not to give it.

yeah he regathered it and grounded it but he did lose control of the ball and it went forward.

how it went forward I dunno but found it strange the TMO was so keen to give the try

Scannell is really powerful. Good try.

Job done anyway. Need to improve so much though.

• Advertisement

Top 2 teams in the league are Irish, 4 of the top 6 teams are Irish, some season for Irish teams even though we've been very poor all season.

Job done anyway. Need to improve so much though.

Dunno if you can say job done, more game over.

Munster's biggest asset today was Lanelli's ability to feck up so often. If Lanelli had tightened up a few things they would have won handy. It was only in the last 5 or 10 mins when the game was over did it look like Munster could play.

Munster's biggest asset today was Lanelli's ability to feck up so often. If Lanelli had tightened up a few things they would have won handy. It was only in the last 5 or 10 mins when the game was over did it look like Munster could play.

Oh absolutely. They shot themselves in the foot so often. Gifted us two tries thankfully

The Scarlets played like we played for most of the season, get in great positions but mess up at the end and cough up some very soft points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Oh absolutely. They shot themselves in the foot so often. Gifted us two tries thankfully

I suppose you could say they 'out-Munstered Munster' in that department today...

To be delighted that we finished sixth in the Pro-12 is such a strange and unusual way to finish a Season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Top 2 teams in the league are Irish, 4 of the top 6 teams are Irish, some season for Irish teams even though we've been very poor all season.

It says more about the league than the state of the provinces.

We should nearly bring back the inter provincials and scrap the league.

Rightwing wrote: »
    It says more about the league than the state of the provinces.

We should nearly bring back the inter provincials and scrap the league.

And what have the top 3 interpros into the Not-The-Heineken Cup and the forth in Not-The-Parker-Pen Cup? This is the first year than the set qualifications have meant that teams haven't automatically qualified and I think it made for an exciting league, yes the quality of the league is miles behind the English and French leagues but I would imagine that the amount of home grown talent in the pro-12 is a lot higher than the other leagues which is better for the national teams in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

And what have the top 3 interpros into the Not-The-Heineken Cup and the forth in Not-The-Parker-Pen Cup? This is the first year than the set qualifications have meant that teams haven't automatically qualified and I think it made for an exciting league, yes the quality of the league is miles behind the English and French leagues but I would imagine that the amount of home grown talent in the pro-12 is a lot higher than the other leagues which is better for the national teams in the long term.

Certainly more so than the French league anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Poor enough game but we scored 5 tries to their 5 penalties. Murray said the first half lasted 55 mins, our fitness might have stood to us. I thought we might be in bother losing Scannell & TOD so early and having to defend so much. Zebo & possibly Murray might well have sat out yesterday's game if it wasn't a must win game, both were heavily strapped, I think Zebo even got additional strapping during the warm up and once again during the game.

Our three subs for the backs were used thru' injury we also used two forwards to replace injured players. It looked like we might finished with 14 men when Holland went down late in the game.

Huge relief for fans and players once that 4th try was scored and Saili's try was possibly try of the season. He did very well yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Advertisement