Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last movie you saw?...

Options
  • 04-05-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭

So I thought to start a new thread where we can talk / exchange impressions on the last movies you saw. It does not necessarily have to be a movie, it may be a TV series also. So you saw something, tell us what that was and your comments on it Would you recommend it, what that briefly was about (possibly without spoilers) and I hope its going to be fun!

So I can start:
    Last movie I saw was yesterday on Netflix called "Love me Like You Do".
    TBH not my cup of tea, but I watched it till the end. Story on a loner guy who plays fantastic music, meeting a girl when he came back to his old town.. I'd give it 6 out of 10, recommended for a "fell good" easy-going nights... Liked the music in it...

Currently starting a Swedish Wallander so will see how it goes... Will see if I'd want to see a BBC Kenneth Branagh adaptation afterwards or not..

What about you? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I saw Demolition yesterday! It was highly enjoyable. Trite as anything, and you could tell pretty much every plot beat from the trailer, but it was very good, and the performances from the main cast significantly elevated it. I also loved the music. I would recommend.

I also watched Downfall on like, Monday night. And **** me, that movie is harrowing. Engaging, I should say, with excellent performances, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Obviously its a story we already know the ending to, but the way its told was great. But also like I say, harrowing, occasionally hard to watch. Also recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Recently saw The Survivalist, an Irish-made film with a mostly Irish cast.

I suppose it's a post-apocalyptic film but has more in common with The Road than Mad Max. It centres on a man who lives alone, in the middle of a forest, and survives thanks to his knowledge of the land and his meagre farm. His life changes when a couple of women show up at his door begging for food.

I really loved this film, it's incredibly tense and wrought and manages to engage the audience without resorting to spectacular set-pieces or overly dramatic dialogue. Highly recommended. 8/10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry OP, don't see what this thread adds that isn't already covered by the What Have You Watched Recently thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement