Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I'm just catching up with this thread today. Beginning to worry a bit as I've had no letter. I live in North Down and scored 65-70. My name is begging of alphabet both first and surname. UID early also......

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chasethedream

It is a horrible thought to come this far and think it could go no further but the previous campaigns have taken in large amounts and continued to work down the list picking people out of this campaign who had scored 60-63 last year to be progressed ... so we can only hope that out of the 900 that even the last 100 will get called up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Don't forget of the 169 that scored 70%+ a proportion could fail PCA, vetting or medical. Or just drop out for some reason.
    Then they go to the next on the list :)

I'm still feeling pretty confident even with the upcoming elections and possible new Justice Minister.
    If they put a hold on recruitment this could be last campaign for while so they could exhaust the list. Or they could want to boost numbers and again exhaust the list.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

FOI request through. 905 passed.....146 over 50, 590 over 60, 155 over 70 and 14 over 80%.

2121 people attended so that would be why they lowered the pass mark.
    Add your reply here.

I had a similar request in and got the same answer obviously.

I noted that yours asked how many they were taking depending on funding. Did they answer that bit?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

60-70 for me. sorry for the delay, only coming across this thread now.

Also no letter

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Add your reply here.

I noted that yours asked how many they were taking depending on funding. Did they answer that bit?

Thanks

Hi,

I didn't submit the request I just happened to see it a few days ago so (on the 'whatdotheyknow' website) so I registered to receive an email when any updates occurred. I didn't notice if they answered that section though.

I followed another one that was worded slightly different but it hasn't been answered yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Would be interesting to see if there was a similar request for the previous campaign.

Add your reply here.

Thanks

Hi,

I didn't submit the request I just happened to see it a few days ago so (on the 'whatdotheyknow' website) so I registered to receive an email when any updates occurred. I didn't notice if they answered that section though.

I followed another one that was worded slightly different but it hasn't been answered yet.
    Add your reply here.
    Ah

The other one would be mine. They have answered it with a similar answer.

Sydnor87 wrote: »
    Would be interesting to see if there was a similar request for the previous campaign.
    Add your reply here.
    There was. Their intention on the previous campaign was for 378 recruits I think. However that is just from memory.
    The number of passes is very similar obviously so I'm hazarding a guess they may have a similar plan for this campaign. The previous one was set back by funding cuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Hey guys first time poster on here and have to say it's a great thread. You may find it of interest that they need to recruit new officers into 2019 if funding permits. So I think this intake could be as large as previous ones but as usual slow in the processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BigEye2016

Just received vetting forms this morning. Must head on over to that thread to ask some stupid questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

BigEye2016 wrote: »
    Just received vetting forms this morning. Must head on over to that thread to ask some stupid questions!
    Add your reply here.

vetting forms for this campaign??

Yes

Oh crap, is there an invite to familiarisation pca aswell?

LadyABC wrote: »
    No just vetting forms. Didn't think they'd be sent out so quick.

• Advertisement

Add your reply here.

No me neither! I'm shocked! my post doesn't come til late afternoon so will see but arghh! I just need more time for pca, so was dreading them arriving at same time excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Add your reply here.

No me neither! I'm shocked! my post doesn't come til late afternoon so will see but arghh! I just need more time for pca, so was dreading them arriving at same time excited.

Oh my word its moving quick for this batch!

Add your reply here.

Bigeye2016 where you high 60s mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Are you at the top end of the 60-70 score range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Oh god this is all so fast! Stop this train I want to get off haha

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Oh god this is all so fast! Stop this train I want to get off haha
    Add your reply here.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! Lol choo choo....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

There is still vetting forms and online learning invites going out for 1405 campaign so they may run the two side by side if they need the extra officers as previously mentioned

I was higher end of 60s yes

Are you at the top end of the 60-70 score range?
    Yeah the higher side of the 60s

Can't wait to fill this out (if I've received mine, not home to see). Not! Took me about a week to fill it out last time haha

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Can't wait to fill this out (if I've received mine, not home to see). Not! Took me about a week to fill it out last time haha
    Not surprised, I had a flick through it and there's a lot of info required! Scared in case I make a mistake and mess it up

I couldn't do it in one sitting. I done a bit at a time because I would have made mistakes. Feels great to get it posted off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Did you receive your initial letter on Monday too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Apologies if this has already been answered but are we certain that these intakes will be based upon order of AC score only and not the combined AC score and IST result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Kalel90 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been answered but are we certain that these intakes will be based upon order of AC score only and not the combined AC score and IST result?

As far as I'm aware it's AC Score first and then they'll take the IST result into consideration for candidates with the same AC mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

I'm not home until after five, dieing to know if I got them now. Did anyone else receive them?

swl33t wrote: »
    Did you receive your initial letter on Monday too?
    Yeah got initial letter on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Vetting forms received today also...ahhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gnik91

Vetting forms received today to... Wasn't expecting them so soon.. Does anyone know how long after these the PCA generally is? Thank you

Gnik91 wrote: »
    Vetting forms received today to... Wasn't expecting them so soon.. Does anyone know how long after these the PCA generally is? Thank you
    When I last did it they were sent out at the same time. Unsure if this was the same for C2 as well though...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Anyone seen the scene from the US Office? Currently me now round my house... "EVERYONE STAY CALM... NO1 PANIC"

• Registered Users Posts: 25 El Ahrairah

Another set of vetting received here as well! Moving way quicker than I expected...all feels a bit real now!

• Advertisement

Postman came.. No vetting forms though!

I can see people running down the street chasing their post men and women haha!

I just received Vetting forms too! Freaking out.... I can't run the length of myself, please please let there be a massive delay on PCA *wails*

I'll chase my postman down the street to take mine back lol *denial*

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Glad to see the ball rolling as I'm only in this campaign, but feel genuinely gutted for those in 1405 with scores of 60/61/62 who haven't received their forms yet. Must be soul destroying.

Just got my vetting forms also.

I wouldn't panic about The PCA folks.

Firstly it isn't that difficult.

Secondly they allow plenty of time to prepare. You even get a couple of weeks notice for a familiarisation day.

I would imagine they've sent out vetting forms so they can get a start on the first couple of intakes from September. Vetting can take ages and it makes perfect sense to send them out now.

• Advertisement

Just got my vetting forms also.

I wouldn't panic about The PCA folks.

Firstly it isn't that difficult.

Secondly they allow plenty of time to prepare. You even get a couple of weeks notice for a familiarisation day.

I would imagine they've sent out vetting forms for they can get a start on the first couple of intakes from September. Vetting can take ages and it makes perfect sense to send them out now.
    Add your reply here.

Thankyou for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Add your reply here.

Thankyou for this!

We can do this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Nothing in the post today. I am in the 70-80 bracket so doesn't seem they are sending vetting out in order of merit.

I'm in the 80-90 bracket and no forms either, we will know by tomorrow or Friday.
    Nothing in the post today. I am in the 70-80 bracket so doesn't seem they are sending vetting out in order of merit.
    Add your reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Is there any chance this is being done on location of candidates in terms of operational needs or definitely done by AC scores because at the minute it seems random as hell as to who is receiving what?

• Advertisement
Advertisement