Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ghostbusters HQ

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Hi All

i ordered for the first time via the lego website as anything i want to get etc i usually just buy in smyths or when i am away on business

do any of you know who they use as a courier, i tracked the ghostbusters HQ and i find the tracking info really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fantastic offer Spocker, but ended up using the wife's account. Thanks again.

A wife having her own Lego.com acount. Thats my kind of wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hi All

i ordered for the first time via the lego website as anything i want to get etc i usually just buy in smyths or when i am away on business

do any of you know who they use as a courier, i tracked the ghostbusters HQ and i find the tracking info really poor.

Always been An post for me. Tracking is awful alright. Waiting on a brick bank atm and for the first time I'm slightly concerned as to its whereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fantastic offer Spocker, but ended up using the wife's account. Thanks again.

With me it's kind of a necessity. Pretty much every gift I get is from Lego.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi All

They dispatch via DHL in Germany, and theres usually a couple of days delay after leaving Koln before it shows up on the An Post website. Once An Post have it you'll usually get it next business day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hamleys in Dundrum have 4 or 5 ecto 1s still for €67 - in the display case to the right of the checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Less than €60 in nimble fingers in Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Ecto-1 is still available from Lego.com and is only €49.99, spend €55 or more for free shipping and a free gift. Hamleys usually as "only" 20% more expensive than RRP, they must think Ecto-1 is worth more of a mark-up.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Ecto-1 is still available from Lego.com and is only €49.99, spend €55 or more for free shipping and a free gift. Hamleys usually as "only" 20% more expensive than RRP, they must think Ecto-1 is worth more of a mark-up.

Hamley's in London is the same. A good 15-20% more expensive for Lego than other shops.

I don't understand why any shops sell Lego for more than a few euro more than the online store. The convenience of being able to take home Lego right away rather than waiting a few days for a delivery is worth a bit I'll grant but that much? Ridiculous.

Then again, I've seen people sell Lego on Adverts for more than the RRP when the set is still available in the shops so that sort of behaviour (idiocy) isn't localised to large shops.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Hamley's in London is the same. A good 15-20% more expensive for Lego than other shops.

I don't understand why any shops sell Lego for more than a few euro more than the online store. The convenience of being able to take home Lego right away rather than waiting a few days for a delivery is worth a bit I'll grant but that much? Ridiculous.

Then again, I've seen people sell Lego on Adverts for more than the RRP when the set is still available in the shops so that sort of behaviour (idiocy) isn't localised to large shops.

Seen someone had minifigs including a CMF series 15 up there for €8 each earlier...Lego on adverts has gone to pots but I digress!

• Advertisement

qwertz wrote: »

Do they have any other older retired sets?

I thought it was retired - isn't under the ghostbusters section :cool:

Hamleys prices are a joke agreed - deep sea salvage was €120 and only €80 in smyths :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Rhyme wrote: »

Footfall in Hamleys is ludicrous, and I'd wager that the vast majority of people who go in there don't have a clue how Lego should be priced.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Seen someone had minifigs including a CMF series 15 up there for €8 each earlier...Lego on adverts has gone to pots but I digress!

I imagine those sellers sitting wearing hideously expensive suits believing themselves to be geniuses for the understanding that the stock market logic of buying low and selling high somehow applies to selling Lego to someone one town over.
    Footfall in Hamleys is ludicrous, and I'd wager that the vast majority of people who go in there don't have a clue how Lego should be priced.

That was my thought as well. Almost like political loyalty :) "we've always voted for Party X, they shaft us every time but it's tradition and we don't know any better". The temperature in the store, the hundreds of other customers, the try-out sections and the manic employees would make any parent want to buy something and get out.

qwertz wrote: »

Thanks - picked up bennys spaceship there today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

bought this from ToyRus in UK the other day. £274 and they had a £20 off deal so was £254 delivered to Parcel Motel (oversize package pickup). Good saving of €70 - €80 off store prices here if anyone is interested.

Advertisement