Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C2:14050 Who's still Waiting?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alleycat123

Mop a top wrote: »
    Has your vetting cleared. While that's still outstanding they'll be folk with lower scores taken before you until it clears

Ok, just heard back from vetting and they said my vetting all cleared last year and was recently extended, medical done well over a week ago, PCA passed, 65-70 mark in AC, what am I missing?

Is there another e-mail you can contact to find out how your applications progressing generally, now really worried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Online learning?

Don't get too worried yet, there's a possibility your smt result is delayed.

Call 101 and ask to get put through to recruitment. They'll be able to tell you more. My smt was delayed by two weeks because of the easter break. I believe iamabitcrazy's was too. Fear not.
    You can always ask and see.

By this stage. If it is all passed, it may just be a case of waiting for the next intake.i know it sucks, but it may be all you can do atm my friend.

Online learning?

Call 101 and ask to get put through to recruitment. They'll be able to tell you more. My smt was delayed by two weeks because of the easter break. I believe iamabitcrazy's was too. Fear not.

By this stage. If it is all passed, it may just be a case of waiting for the next intake.i know it sucks, but it may be all you can do atm my friend.

yep, online learning all completed/passed, I'll maybe give them a call just in case there's something stupid holding it up but perhaps you're right might just be that I need to wait for the next intake, I really hope so, these last few days feel longer than the last two years of the application process if that's possible!! Thanks again for the helpful info :)

yep, online learning all completed/passed, I'll maybe give them a call just in case there's something stupid holding it up but perhaps you're right might just be that I need to wait for the next intake, I really hope so, these last few days feel longer than the last two years of the application process if that's possible!! Thanks again for the helpful info

Good stuff. Lemme know how you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Online learning?

I have inside information that they decided it was more cost effective to just let me in to G.V than work out exactly what all the drugs in my system were. I didn't know which were tested for and which weren't so I just took them all.

whenever you had to declare to the hair follicle guy, the list I pulled from my pocket was reminiscent of the scene in friends when joey pulls out his condoms to read the fine print...

I jest. apparently smt should only take a week and you don't hear anything if it is all good.

I have the psni recruitment number (long story) if anyone wants it, I will pm you it. saves you having to call 101 and get re-directed....

• Advertisement

I have the psni recruitment number (long story) if anyone wants it, I will pm you it. saves you having to call 101 and get re-directed....

Holy crap. You've proved useful.

I need to sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Holy crap. You've proved useful.

I need to sit down.

don't get used to it. doesn't happen often.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

I didn't pass the ac stage there for 15050. Could that in anyway affect me on going any further for 14050? I have my medical very soon here so I'm quiet far on and my vetting has cleared so fingers crossed will be in the "waiting room" very shortly and waiting on the call!

Hey

No, they are completely separate campaigns. Obe application is not effected in any way by the other. You're still in lad.
    Add your reply here.

Happy days, sort of know that would be the case just wanted a second opinion !

so just got the chance to phone recruitment and all she could tell me was that I've passed everything and that they offer positions in merit order, she couldn't say where I was on that as they don't give that information out which I didn't realise, she did say my medical wasn't that long ago so fingers crossed, although maybe my not great but passable scores in the fitness and IST are holding me back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

although maybe my not great but passable scores in the fitness and IST are holding me back :(

Did the recruitment person say this or is this what you think?

• Advertisement

dollasign wrote: »
    Did the recruitment person say this or is this what you think?

no she was very non specific, I personally think it's possible that this may be holding me back as I know from other posts my AC results are higher than some of those who've already had the call but altogether possible they did better at/in the other stages and better overall, also possible that i just wasn't quick enough returning my updated vetting form to get the call in this set. It's the not knowing that's torturing me, but guess everyone goes through the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Alleycat you need to think of it in terms of merit list. There's an awful lot of people who were waiting a long time and I even got a call before them as their vetting was holding them back from a call. Think most of them got a call this month so maybe it's a case of they just bumped you down the merit list now those vetting has passed. Hopefully you'll get a call next time round. Were the calls long after your medical?

Alleycat you need to think of it in terms of merit list. There's an awful lot of people who were waiting a long time and I even got a call before them as their vetting was holding them back from a call. Think most of them got a call this month so maybe it's a case of they just bumped you down the merit list now those vetting has passed. Hopefully you'll get a call next time round. Were the calls long after your medical?

From what I can gather some people were getting their calls about a week after my medical. How can you have any idea where you might be in the merit list if they won't tell you? Is there a breakdown anywhere of how it's worked out? Thanks for all the feedback guys and guess I'm going to be in this waiting room for a while, preferable to a dear john letter anyway! :)

When did you pass your medical?

They'll not give out your position on the merit list. The only way you'll get it is by submitting a data protection act request and paying an admin cost for it. Trust me there's nothing more frustrating than having everything done and then something stopping you at the last hurdle.
    I
    I've been saying for ages someone should put in a FOI request to find out have the merit list works.

When did you pass your medical?

They'll not give out your position on the merit list. The only way you'll get it is by submitting a data protection act request and paying an admin cost for it. Trust me there's nothing more frustrating than having everything done and then something stopping you at the last hurdle.
    I
    I've been saying for ages someone should put in a FOI request to find out have the merit list works.

got my letter telling me I'd passed my medical a couple of days after I'd been to it and they sent me out an updated vetting form to return which I didn't get posted until a few days after that which I suppose would have been around the same time as the last set of calls

If you only sent back the form around the time of the call they wouldn't have had enough time tomdomtheir checks and get back to hr to make you eligible. All vetting needs approved by a vetting board before it can be deamed "cleared" to hr

Don't suppose has anyone here got any idea when the paternity leave is like whilst in the training college, or are you even entitled to any? I have a wee one one the way end of August and fingers crossed I could hopefully be in gv by then? I know I could probably only get a day as the training is quiet full on and can't miss much, but are you ten able to take the leave at a later date after training??? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Don't suppose has anyone here got any idea when the paternity leave is like whilst in the training college, or are you even entitled to any? I have a wee one one the way end of August and fingers crossed I could hopefully be in gv by then? I know I could probably only get a day as the training is quiet full on and can't miss much, but are you ten able to take the leave at a later date after training??? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Any story I've read about thus, the father gets the day baby arrives then has to come back.

It's a good issue to submit an FOI on though, I'm sure many expectant papas would be glad of the clarity too.

Congratulations also. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

You should ring and ask to speak to HR,would be your best option for correct info on this.

Yeah I'll probably give hr a call when the time comes. Just getting a bit ahead of myself, still waiting on the call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

I thought a fresh thread might be a good way of finding out who is still in the glorious waiting room.

I Passed my PCA mid Feb 2016 and my Medical 1st week of March 2016. Waiting room for one month thus far.

I wish they'd put some magazines in here.

Just passed my medical two days ago.

Advertisement