Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials of Osiris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Back to Destiny after an extended absence and by God I was woeful. Will have to do a bit of practicing to get my eye in for the sniper rifles. Barely scraped 7 wins to get the gold package and the rewards but we got hockeyed by a couple of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've gotten 2 more DoP, one has Rangefinder, is that better than Rodeo?

I have what I consider to be a God roll DoP adept, which has persistence, braced frame and Rangefinder. Stability is almost maxed and coupled with persistence and Rangefinder, it's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Anyone up for a run at the lighthouse? I have all my bounties done, wan't to attempt a few serious runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone up for a run at the lighthouse? I have all my bounties done, wan't to attempt a few serious runs.

I would be happy to blue orb for you

Does anyone know how to build up your ELO?

I've checked Destiny Tracker and it states, you gain ELO from winning a game.

Most of the Crucible games I've had in the last month or so have been either Trials or Rumble, I'd normally come at least in the top 3 of Rumble, but I've been working on building my K/D ratio as opposed to winning.
    (Winning in Rumble usually goes to the person with the most kills, regardless of how many deaths they have).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You have a different ELO for each mode AFAIK.

And from what I've seen of it before, you can only raise your ELO significantly by beating players who have a higher ELO than you.

Might be wrong on that.
    I get different ELO ratings from Destiny Tracker and Trials Report and Guardian.gg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just use guardian.gg which FYI reset their ELO ratings after the new patch so pre patch was season 1 and now we're in season 2.

Its quite simple. Everyone starts off at 1200. Your elo goes up for wins and down for losses, the amount up or down it goes varies depending on the ELO of your opponents, its all done purely on your teams average.

So if your team average is 1300 and you beat a team with average of 1700 it'll go up significantly and there's will take a big hit. If you're a 1500 team and beat an 1100 team you'll barely notice the increase.

Its done by game mode too. The cheesey way to boost it is to play with 2 players who have a much lower ELO than you, that way your team average is low and you'll get big boosts for a win but small decreases for a loss. Most of the guys at the top are there because of 'double carries', even if they're losing quite a few games.

Ah right, so K/D ratio has nothing really to do with it? I've been playing Rumble as a way to build up my MLG skills for Trials and I have got better but chasing a higher score in Rumble tends to get you killed a lot, whereas I would try to go for higher K/D ratio.

Maybe elimination or some 3v3 would be better as at least you have a better chance of outright winning the game.

Ah right, so K/D ratio has nothing really to do with it? I've been playing Rumble as a way to build up my MLG skills for Trials and I have got better but chasing a higher score in Rumble tends to get you killed a lot, whereas I would try to go for higher K/D ratio.

Maybe elimination or some 3v3 would be better as at least you have a better chance of outright winning the game.
    So you're that guy :mad:
    AdamD wrote: »
    People in Rumble annoy me, greatly.

We can both see eachother on radar, you keep pushing away, why? Its a kill race. Stop avoiding gun fights, you're making yourself lose.

ELO is purely based on wins, nothing else comes into it. If you start a new season and play 10 games in a row with the same team mates you'll all have the same ELO.

Yeah, the guy playing Rumble, trying to get better at the game. How DARE he? :mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah, the guy playing Rumble, trying to get better at the game improve his KD. How DARE he? :mad:

FYP

FYP

Actually, word for word his exact post said this:
    Rumble as a way to build up my MLG skills for Trials and I have got better but chasing a higher score in Rumble tends to get you killed a lot,

You're just seeing what you want to see

Actually, word for word his exact post said this:

You're just seeing what you want to see

No you are, read the next 9 words after what you've bolded.

No you are, read the next 9 words after what you've bolded.

Jesus, he's dying a lot in Rumble. Big deal.

So who is allowed played rumble so?

Jesus, he's dying a lot in Rumble. Big deal.

So who is allowed played rumble so?

Hes not actually, that was the point. Playing for KD rather than the win. I'm out anyway, this is going absolutely nowhere and I'm sure we have utterly different views on PvP.

Ok, I realise now you meant these 9 words
    whereas I would try to go for higher K/D ratio.

As opposed to these 9 words
    in Rumble tends to get you killed a lot,

Happy to leave it there too regardless

Yes and no, I think there's a tipping point in Rumble, where at the end of the game, people are happy to kill trade to gain points. I don't share that view.

I've played a lot of games of Rumble where:
    the top guy gets 20 kills and 18 deaths.
    I'll get say, 19 kills and 10 deaths.

That's where I think Rumble is broken, you shouldn't be able to constantly kill trade and win.

To be clear, I'm not crouched, camping with a shorty, running away from engagements. I'm aggressively sniping as much as possible.

ELO is purely based on wins, nothing else comes into it. If you start a new season and play 10 games in a row with the same team mates you'll all have the same ELO.

So that's why you see fire teams farming Elimination to raise their ELO? Because it's easier to get lots of fast and easy wins.

So that's why you see fire teams farming Elimination to raise their ELO? Because it's easier to get lots of fast and easy wins.

That'll only give you elimination ELO, which nobody typically looks at. Trials ELO is the one people tend to talk about, which is only affected by Trials matches.

Anyone fancy Elimination tonight?
    I'm gonna try to get in as much Elimination as possible today & tomorrow. I'll actually be online at about 6 on Friday so I'm looking to make a decent run at the Lighthouse.

Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd give it a shout if I'm on

Made out like a bandit this week - to guns with beast rolls:

Doctrine of Passing:
    Persistence.
    Braced Frame.
    Hidden Hand.

The Inward Lamp:
    Full Auto.
    Small Bore.
    Hidden Hand.

Finally managed to get the Doctrine of Passing, no to piss everyone off in the Crucible. here come the tea-bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Inward Lamp:
    Full Auto.
    Small Bore.
    Hidden Hand.

Mine rolled Full Auto / Small Bore / Zen Moment.
    It's a bit of a b!tch to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

It's a bit of a b!tch to handle.

Agree 100%, no amount of rolls make this weapon stable enough to use. I have full auto, outlaw, and something else. Gave it a whirl recently at Golgoroth and quite enjoyed hitting the thralls with it, bit that's all.

It's not a good scout rifle at all, regardless of the roll.

Funnily enough - I tried it out in PvP and didn't like it.

I kept hearing about The Inward Lamp and was hyped when I basically got a god roll but when I tried it out I found it was pretty hard to get kills with...

Haven't had a chance to take the Doctrine out for a spin yet but I'm looking forward to wrecking with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Funnily enough - I tried it out in PvP and didn't like it.

I kept hearing about The Inward Lamp and was hyped when I basically got a god roll but when I tried it out I found it was pretty hard to get kills with...

Haven't had a chance to take the Doctrine out for a spin yet but I'm looking forward to wrecking with it!

Yeah, the Doctor of Passion is my next target. Hopefully on tonight and see if I can get a bounty run going.

Legendary scouts are all muck really

Legendary scouts are all muck really

I've a Suros one with 100% stability, Target acquisition scope and full auto. It's a beast. Only down side is it's the High RoF archetype. Still viable though.

It was the one from the MTashed videos a while back I think.

End Game wise, I don't rate the ones you get as Strike Specifics, Raid, Trials and IB.

Only good ones are Gunsmith ones and if you get lucky with a God-Tier random roll on a Vanguard or Strike drop

• Advertisement

Still skeptical that they're truly viable if you don't want to play at a disadvantage.

Advertisement