Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here if you need assistance filling out the grant form!

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

Open a third level account today with AIB or BOI. They love seeing third level students. Bring your PPS and some photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

computer44 wrote: »
    Open a third level account today with AIB or BOI. They love seeing third level students. Bring your PPS and some photo ID.

What has that got to do with grants?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

If you applied later than August 5th you could face having to wait until the November payment if you get a grant.

just checked my online tracker i submitted mine on 4th of july,

then Document schedule (checklist) issued to applicant 01 Aug 2013

then Document Schedule Received 14 Aug 2013

the line directly under that is highlighted in yellow but it doesnt say anything but the date 09 Sep 2013 is beside it

then line under that application awaiting final assessment. 14 Aug 2013

I cant take this waiting, ive only applied for the 2500 fees to be paid as im getting BTE, i had to borrow 625 off my brother to pay 25% of fees thats what college wanted if grant hadent come in i told him id reimburse him when it comes through.

I have to pay another 25% by end October and rest by end December, theres no way in hell i can come up with that money anywhere, im stressed out that im going to have to drop out of a course that i enjoy, with 625 down the drain because i cant pay the rest by October and then wont be able to pay my brother back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kirsty139

So lads, for the last month I've been provisionally awarded and apparently SUSI are waiting for CAO to send some sh*t out. How long will it take, I've heard nowt else off them and I'm starting to panic a bit now? Overdraft and all in the bank, I need it sooner rather than later...:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

ye im in same boat as you, been at that stage since 30th aug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mine has been like that since the 1st of August, but Ive got a letter saying I was awarded a grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Been on the final stage for 5 weeks now..

How long has everyone else been waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Been on the final stage for 5 weeks now..

How long has everyone else been waiting?

13th of August for me.

I'm getting tired of waiting!

its october now, well into college at this stage most people are, how long more are they going to keep people waiting! when you sent a message to them they copy and paste the same thing back to you as before!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hannabanna007

Final stage since 14/08 again they are awaiting cao stuff. Had my acknowledgement of acceptance of cao on 22/08 just wish they would let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

Hey, (not sure if this is in the right place)

Im working part time and in receipt of social welfare (part time) and looking to apply next year for postgrad. Does anyone know if the income limits:

a) are gross or net
    b) include the social welfare payment
    c) how strict is the limit? I have a feeling Im going to be over the limit if the two are taken into account, but only but about a grand.

On reading this: http://www.studentfinance.ie/index.php3?area=products&CategoryID=9400&living=1&dependents=0&studying=0&parents=0

I see this:

Level 6 - 100% Maintenance, Field Trip 22,021-39,880
    6,355 2,545 √ Yes - 100%
    Level 7 - 100% Maintenance Special Rate, Field Trip 0-22,020
    6,355 2,545 √ Yes - 100%

Sooo... that sounds like there's only the grant paid as the difference between the two categories? Am I right in thinking that level six, which looks like itll be me, Ill still get my tuition fees paid? Seems like it but just want to check!

Hey, (not sure if this is in the right place)

Im working part time and in receipt of social welfare (part time) and looking to apply next year for postgrad. Does anyone know if the income limits:

a) are gross or net
    b) include the social welfare payment
    c) how strict is the limit? I have a feeling Im going to be over the limit if the two are taken into account, but only but about a grand.

On reading this: http://www.studentfinance.ie/index.php3?area=products&CategoryID=9400&living=1&dependents=0&studying=0&parents=0

I see this:

Level 6 - 100% Maintenance, Field Trip 22,021-39,880
    6,355 2,545 √ Yes - 100%
    Level 7 - 100% Maintenance Special Rate, Field Trip 0-22,020
    6,355 2,545 √ Yes - 100%

Sooo... that sounds like there's only the grant paid as the difference between the two categories? Am I right in thinking that level six, which looks like itll be me, Ill still get my tuition fees paid? Seems like it but just want to check!

Postgrad grants are explained here.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/postgraduate_student_grant.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

SUSI received my sister's documentation on August 15th and she received word about her fees and grant on October 4th. I made the initial application for her on July 17th. Thanks for the assistance received here.

just wondering,has anyone put in a review request for susi grant? I put one in a few days ago, they told me there is no time frame for the reassessment!

Does this mean its put on the long finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Been on final assessment since the very beginning of September. Anyone know the chances that I'll get the the payment this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Anybody recieve renewal payment yet? No sign :/ ..

SUSI can answer questions

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1610

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭wehuntmonsters

Hi, I've been living with my aunt for the past two years and have not spoken to my parents since then. I was wondering if SUSI will ssess my aunt or my parent's income? i can't ask them for documentation as it wouldn't be given to me. they're both on the social though.

also I've two more questions, if my income is assessed based on my aunt, will her partner have to be assessed too? they're not married and most people don't know they're together, unless close family, will I need to provide her details too? And when applying for the grant, do I apply to Louth VEC (where I was born and lived for 18 years) or Cavan VEC (where i have lived for two years)?

Any info would be a great help. I want to get the documents right for when applications open. I don't want susi to keep asking me for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

just a quick Q..

When is the grant closed for renewed applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

job seeker wrote: »
    just a quick Q..

When is the grant closed for renewed applications?

There's a deadline but its not strict in the sense that if you run over you'll get a series of strict warnings. They suggest that being too late could hurt your claim but I've no idea if thats enforced.

Really you want to be in early as processing times can be quite long. If you submit in November dont expect payment until Jan, maybe Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

ED E wrote: »
    There's a deadline but its not strict in the sense that if you run over you'll get a series of strict warnings. They suggest that being too late could hurt your claim but I've no idea if thats enforced.

Really you want to be in early as processing times can be quite long. If you submit in November dont expect payment until Jan, maybe Feb.

Ah right cool... Ya, it's just I'm very busy with assignments and exams etc. It's just if I could leave it till may I would...

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lightiepeace

So on my grant form it says my institution is Trinity.I filled this form back in February and have since changed my CAO and Trinity is no longer there. I just got word back from susi saying i have been accepted for the grant for the institution of Trinity. I would like to change this to DCU as it is number one on my list... Also on my CAO i have 10 different courses picked out but on the grant form i can only put down one. What happens if i dont get a place in the one i put down but i get a place on another course on my CAO, what happens then. Please get back to me as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

Anyone know how long it usually takes for the college to process the SUSI application so you're fully registered? I've been awarded the SUSI grant but I'm waiting on the college to say the student contribution has been paid so I can receive a letter of registration.

Advertisement