Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

• 18-04-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Thought this might be a good place to keep us altogether and ask any questions that don't fall into the main threads.

Here's the list of who passed their AC. Shout up if I've missed anyone :)

D4z 80-90
    Redboy12345 80-90
    resp5 80-90
    Autumn sunset 70-80
    Chez123 70-80
    ChiefWiggum. 70-80
    JD2020 70-80
    newfoundglory 70-80
    RTGeorge8910 70-80
    wannabe2010 70-80
    yet another lurker 70-80
    blueboat 60-70
    Bunsen1burner 60-70
    Drummer64 60-70
    Goonerdee 60-70
    Homer01 60-70
    Johannes_Cabal 60-70
    swl33t 60-70
    Sydnor87 60-70
    Tricop 60-70
    MrBlack93 55-60
    RedmondHR 55-60
    Timetravel 55-60
    ccfckyle
    LadyABC
    letsdoit2013
    Momc82
    networksearch1
    pastiesupper
    roboturnip
    SamC321
    shanevendrell
    SneakyBeaky
    TheCub
    ZeGerman

**Updated 190416 with result brackets. Probably not best to go any more specific with scores.**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Homer01 wrote: »
    Thought this might be a good place to keep us altogether and ask any questions that don't fall into the main threads.

Here's the list of who passed their AC. Shout up if I've missed anyone :)
    • blueboat
    • Bunsen1burner
    • ccfckyle
    • Chez123
    • ChiefWiggum.
    • D4z
    • Drummer64
    • Goonerdee
    • Homer01
    • JD2020
    • Johannes_Cabal
    • LadyABC
    • letsdoit2013
    • Momc82
    • MrBlack93
    • networksearch1
    • newfoundglory
    • pastiesupper
    • Redboy12345
    • RedmondHR
    • resp5
    • roboturnip
    • RTGeorge8910
    • SamC321
    • shanevendrell
    • SneakyBeaky
    • swl33t
    • Sydnor87
    • TheCub
    • Timetravel
    • Tricop
    • wannabe2010
    • yet another lurker
    • ZeGerman

Looks a lot less in list form, when looking at all the posts of people saying they passed on friday it seemed like alot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Love this great to see all the names in one place. Get a better idea who is in the group. Was thinking it might be a good idea to try and put the list in groups 80-90s, 70-80s etc so we can see how the recruitment is progressing by who is getting called. What you all think? I can get the ball rolling by saying I'm bottom 60's

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Top 50's if that helps. Will be waiting a long time is the only information I know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Looks a lot less in list form, when looking at all the posts of people saying they passed on friday it seemed like alot more.

lol, I thought the opposite.
    Drummer64 wrote: »
    Love this great to see all the names in one place. Get a better idea who is in the group. Was thinking it might be a good idea to try and put the list in groups 80-90s, 70-80s etc so we can see how the recruitment is progressing by who is getting called. What you all think? I can get the ball rolling by saying I'm bottom 60's

If people are happy to post what bracket I'll tidy up the list :)

Come on you lurkers; get posting! Let us know who you are; don't wait until the induction weekend to start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Autumn sunset

Looooong time lurker!! Nosing on the assessment thread was the only thing keeping me from having a stress panic attack on Friday lol... But passed with 70%

• Advertisement

Looooong time lurker!! Nosing on the assessment thread was the only thing keeping me from having a stress panic attack on Friday lol... But passed with 70%

Great score; you're on the list! :D

Welcome to the club! :) great score is right and love the name!

I think it's a bit scary posting for the first time but once you do your part of the family :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Excellent idea homer. Very thankful with a 76-78 result

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

70-72 result.

I did ask this elsewhere. However this may be a better place.
    Nine years ago I was able to call up a few days after AC results and get my merit pool number.

Is this still something that is done?

Anyone tried?

Was nice back then as it made me realise I was in the top 200

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

70-72 result.

Nine years ago I was able to call up a few days after AC results and get my merit pool number.

Anyone tried?

It does say on the pass email that delloitte are unable to give your ranking compared to other candidates. Unless the PSNI can supply this? Would be nice to know

• Advertisement

70-72 result.

Anyone tried?

I have heard of this from past campaigns but no one has mentioned it in this one, would love to know where I am too.

Deloitte were unable to do it back then either.

Could only get it from PSNI as essentially Deloitte wash their hands of 6000 people around now.

Deloitte were unable to do it back then either.

Could only get it from PSNI as essentially Deloitte wash their hands of 6000 people around now.

Lucky deloitte

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

74% :) seems to be lots of high scorers

Chez123 wrote: »

Too many! :p

Don't remind me :eek:

Maybe a list of how far down I am isn't such a good idea lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    Don't remind me :eek:

Maybe a list of how far down I am isn't such a good idea lol

I wouldn't worry about it, the PCA and medical will reduce numbers (not that I want anyone to fail) but it does give us lower scorers a bit of a chance.

Although we don't know how many are being recruited this campaign, the fact they have reduced the pass mark can only be a good sign.

Hopefully the past 2 campaigns can act as an indicator and they will take in a good few intakes, hopefully reaching the low 50's.

It would great if everyone could get the call and it's not as if they don't need the officers.

I wouldn't worry about it, the PCA and medical will reduce numbers (not that I want anyone to fail) but it does give us lower scorers a bit of a chance.

Although we don't know how many are being recruited this campaign, the fact they have reduced the pass mark can only be a good sign.

Hopefully the past 2 campaigns can act as an indicator and they will take in a good few intakes, hopefully reaching the low 50's.

It would great if everyone could get the call and it's not as if they don't need the officers.

I would imagine saying they have already gone to the low 60's in C2 the equivalent so far in our campaign would be 57ish.

Also I don't see why they would stop recruitment for c2 untill they start c3 so they could go right to the bottom of the list in c2 and then the sake for us. I have hope lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Actually wasn't sure I'd ever make it this far. Went for the police a couple of times a few years ago when the AC was still RP's where you acted as a Hotel Manager. Passed them but never scored highly enough to get through to the PCA.

Went and joined the Prison Service and only applied this time around on a whim and it actually looks like I have a good shot of making it. Still hard to believe.

I would imagine saying they have already gone to the low 60's in C2 the equivalent so far in our campaign would be 57ish.

Also I don't see why they would stop recruitment for c2 untill they start c3 so they could go right to the bottom of the list in c2 and then the sake for us. I have hope lol

Yeah if you knock the pass mark back up to 60 and then add the same to your score it could give you a very rough idea of where you're score is compared to C2 although there seems to be alot of high scorers this year.

• Advertisement

Yeah if you knock the pass mark back up to 60 and then add the same to your score it could give you a very rough idea of where you're score is compared to C2 although there seems to be alot of high scorers this year.

I agree lots of people saying they got 75+ so why bother lowering the pass mark. But then maybe that's just on the boards and everyone not on them got 55 lol... Is that to wishful? I need them to go low to get in

I agree lots of people saying they got 75+ so why bother lowering the pass mark. But then maybe that's just on the boards and everyone not on them got 55 lol... Is that to wishful? I need them to go low to get in

No I think you make a good point, I think we are seeing alot more people post compared to previous campaigns, so that could account for the high number of top scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

No I think you make a good point, I think we are seeing alot more people post compared to previous campaigns, so that could account for the high number of top scores.

I'm hoping this is the case!! It will be interesting to see the figures from the FOI request

I'm hoping this is the case!! It will be interesting to see the figures from the FOI request

What is the FOI question anyway? How many passed or score break down or how many to be recruited? Didn't they say like 100 when we applied?

I have looked at 2 different FOI requests for campaign 2.

FOI 1 states that 6 people scored 86 or higher and 902 below 86.

FOI 2 states 743 people scored 81.25 or higher.

So if my working out is correct, we minus the 6 from the equal to or higher than 86 and that leaves us with 737 candidates that scored below 86 but equal to or above 81.25

902 - 737 = 165

So does that mean 165 scored between 60 and 81.25 not including those who scored 81.25, if so that is also a lot of high scorers in C2.

Hopefully someone with better math skills can double check haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

Not that im overly maths orientated, it seems a hugh number for 81.25+ compared to the 165 below....would have thought maybe other way around....?

Tricop wrote: »
    Not that im overly maths orientated, it seems a hugh number for 81.25+ compared to the 165 below....would have thought maybe other way around....?

Yeah I was thinking the same, it seems far too many would had to have scored really well.

I don't know how accurate the FOI request info is but it seems a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

With my score of 66...i'll be waiting a while lol

Tricop wrote: »
    With my score of 66...i'll be waiting a while lol

I wouldn't have thought so, with the pass mark lower this year your grade would be comparable to 71 last year, but that all depends on whether the mark was dropped due to lots of low scores.

But who knows untill that FOI comes through.

• Advertisement

How much longer for the FOI results lol

Advertisement