Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cross sport challenge

• 11-01-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

A spanish team to win champs league 10/11.
    England to win group b @ euro 16 10/11
    Portugal to win group f @ euro 16 5/6
    Rory mcilroy to win at least one major in 2016 11/8
    Tyrone to win nfl div 2 15/8
    Sheff wed top 6 finish in championship 6/4

€20 accum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Sheffield Wed have squeezed into top six since I put the bet on, they were also put out of the cup at the wknd which could be a blessing for their league campaign. They have a vital midweek game at home to Burnley were 3 points would be most welcome.
    Tyrone won their first league match at home to Cavan, decent start.

Tyrone have won their first two games in nfl 2, including a tricky away tie at Galway.

Sheff Wed definitley the form team in the championship, and on current form they will be looking to close the gap on the four teams above them.

Il have a bit of interest in the champions league midweek, and il be hoping the spanish teams all progress.

I done a bit of an optimistic bet this time.
    Sheff wed to get promotion 6/1
    coventry to get promotion7/4
    mcilroy to win masters 13/2
    bournemouth to be relegated 8/1
    20 euro accum
    26k return (hopefully)

First bet doing well, sheff wed have stumbled a bit lately but looking like 3 spanish teams in last 8 of champ lge. tyrone play this wknd and hopefully maintain their 100% record

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Good stuff! I'm pretty sure Wed will get top 6. Did you calculate the potential winnings of the first bet.

Your second one is interesting - about 1500/1 ? Will be unbelievably good if that comes in :)

• Advertisement

the first one would net about 2k, i think it has a good chance.

Id need things to go my way for the second one to come in. I actually think Bournemouth have a good chance of going down, their run in is horrendous. From 31 march onwards they will pick up very few points.

Tyrone made it 3 wins from 3. Sheff wed drew away to table toppers hull on fri night. First bet would return €2280 and the first three selection are performing well so far.

Coventry lost at home to relegation candidates fleetwood so id need them to pick things up quickly, Bournemouth picked up a point, a few teams below them conceded late on to drop points but looking at their run in, 8/1 is fantastic value on them getting reeled in.

Bournemouth with 9pts from 9 have put the second bet to bed. Sheff wed put a 5 game winless run to an end today with a 3-0 win away from home. They will need to keep this up in the closing games to keep the first bet alive, with tyrone going for 5/5 wins tomorrow, and the spanish teams looking v strong in champs league.

Wednesday are home to relegation threatened Charlton on Sat and i would think 3 points are essential.

Sheff wed have put back to back 3-0 wins together after going through a sticky patch. They are only 2 points behind derby who are fifth, and 3 points ahead of the chasing pack with a superior goal difference. They have an awkward fixture away to yorkshire rivals huddersfield next, hopefully they can continue their good form.

Im a bit disappointed athletico madrid and barcelona drew each other in the champions league. I would have preferred if juventus had held out against bayern munich as well, but otherwise this selection is going strong.

Sheff wed had another win on sat, and their 3rd clean sheet in a row, they are now in 5th place. Big week for them with a midweek game v Blackburn and away to bristol city (sat). The teams around them are playing each other and it is a good chance for them to consolidate their position.

Tyrone are through to the nfl2 final v Cavan, they are strong favourites but they have stumbled in their last two games.

The masters starts on thursday so il be keeping a close eye on mcIlroy.

Champions league resumes also, so im hoping barcelona and real madrid progress. Busy week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Going well for you! Good work :)

I was going well until Saturday. MCIlroy was one behind Spieth and looked in a strong position going into the weekend. Never sank a putt sat or sun.
    Sheff Wed got an almighty thumping 4-1 away to bristol city, fortunately Cardiff city conceded late on so they still have a five point cushion from 7th place team with five games remaining.

This week I'm hoping real Madrid can turn around their two goal deficit in the champions league fixture. It will be June before MCIlroy competes in the next major.

Sheffield Wednesday have still maintained their 5 point cushion from Cardiff City in 7th place. This is due more to Cardiffs inability to close the gap rather than Wednesday's good form. Only 4 games to go, wednesday have a must win game at home to mk dons on Tue night and have a home game against cardiff at end of april, where a point will hopefully secure a top 6 finish.

Tyrone play Cavan in the nfl2 final in Sunday, they are strong favourites and hopefully the first leg of my six timer comes in.

I'm happy with the champions league draw, I think Real Madrid will get the better of Man City, and Athletico Madrid will give Bayern Munich their fill of it. An all Spanish final would take the pressure off lol.

Spanish team to win cl. Was 10/11 now 4/6
    England win group b 10/11
    Portugal to win group d 5/6
    Mcilroy to win at least one major 11/8 now 13/8
    Tyrone to win nfl2 15/8 now 2/5
    Sheff wed to finish in top 6 6/4 now 1/14.

odds were 113/1 now at 22/1.

Tyrone won nfl 2 today. Sheffield wednesday need a point next weekend to cement sixth place, they are stuttering badly at the moment and I will be relieved if they get the job done against Cardiff City.
    Semi finals of champions league are on this week for a bit of interest. Im getting my moneys worth out of this bet so far.

I done another bet yesterday, got off to a bad start with liverpool losing to a late villarreal goal.
    Liverpool to win europa league 7/4
    Burren to win down sfc 9/4
    Ballinderry to win derry sfc 2/1
    Leinster to win pro12 grand final 6/4
    Mcilroy to win at least one major 13/8.
    €25 accum.

Sheffield wed with a comfortable 3-0 win today, following on from tyrones success last wknd, hopefully athletico and real madrid secure an all spanish champ league final and in the process have my first 3 selections home.

3/3 roll on the euros in france.

Advertisement