Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

april phonecalls/ may intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

PCgunisachickennuggettoy

PCsomething-else-is-a-chicken-nugget-toy.

sorry bud couldn't help it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Massive congratulations to you all! It's great seeing names you have become familiar with getting in! :) very happy for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

I can't wait to get my hands on these welcome packs....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

Congrats you guys!

takemeaway wrote:
    Congrats you guys!

Thanks very much!! It'll be you soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pcpandaman

Hi ppl been following these threads for a while i too got the call today...nervous wreak this last month :-) hoping to enjoy GV sorry i havnt posted sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Massive congratulations to those who got the call, see you in the hotel! Stock up on sleep and sanity now - you won't have much time for either soon enough!those who are still waiting ... There's still time! Don't give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Pcpandaman wrote: »
    Hi ppl been following these threads for a while i too got the call today...nervous wreak this last month :-) hoping to enjoy GV sorry i havnt posted sooner

Good to hear of more people. Well done in waiting this long!

Very exciting for all of us. I have been holding off buying a new suit for 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dingdong1234

Hey Guys, Again been watching the threads over the last few months and finally got the call today ... Great surprise with the reality starting to sink in lol

• Advertisement

Hey Guys, Again been watching the threads over the last few months and finally got the call today ... Great surprise with the reality starting to sink in lol

Me too lol been a long two years

PCbobby wrote: »
    Good to hear of more people. Well done in waiting this long!

Very exciting for all of us. I have been holding off buying a new suit for 2 years!

Def exciting times ahead :-)

Good to hear. It is a very strange feeling. Elation, excitement, anxiousness maybe.

Great name by the way. Nearly as good as iamveryhopeful (aka ithinkimveryfunny) lol.

Me too lol been a long two years

I really think we will be a hard-working group because we've been waiting for 2 years in limbo but still hung in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dingdong1234

I really think we will be a hard-working group because we've been waiting for 2 years in limbo but still hung in there.

Ahh yeah I mean the letters last year about the freeze really made it seem impossible .... It will
    Be a challenge but having last this long I am sure another 6 months won't do us much harm !!

Ahh had to think outside the box with the name lol

Ahh yeah I mean the letters last year about the freeze really made it seem impossible .... It will
    Be a challenge but having last this long I am sure another 6 months won't do us much harm !!

Ahh had to think outside the box with the name lol
    Awh dont chat that letter was bloody soul destroying..but all things work out :-) roll on welcome pack an induction weekend till i hve some clue of what
    happens now lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

hoping to enjoy GV sorry i havnt posted sooner

Good luck with that :P

Ahh how exciting, that's 6 of us now!!

Good to hear. It is a very strange feeling. Elation, excitement, anxiousness maybe.

Great name by the way. Nearly as good as iamveryhopeful (aka ithinkimveryfunny) lol.

How can one change one's username to iamnow****tingmypants ?

Ahh how exciting, that's 6 of us now!!

is that enough for a squad?? :D

Awh dont chat that letter was bloody soul destroying..but all things work out :-) roll on welcome pack an induction weekend till i hve some clue of what
    happens now lol

whenever I got that letter I mentally gave up on it all (as I am sure others did).

even though I re-applied I was expecting something similar to happen in the 1509 campaign. wasn't until I passed pca I started to live up to my username ;)

• Advertisement

how are you all allowed up so late?

is that enough for a squad??

It was more than enough for the Scooby gang. I can provide the Great Dane ;)

It was more than enough for the Scooby gang. I can provide the Great Dane ;)

I a big animal lover. have all the time in the world for them and their owners/fellow animal lovers.

when you can bring a buddy to induction. bring him/her please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Massive congrats folks. It was 5 weeks ago since our calls, how weren't you expecting them :P

Induction weekend is awesome, especially the kit fitting. I was literally skipping down the hall lol.

My advice is start getting stuff sorted asap. Trying to fit in your normal work, kids if you have them, ONLINE LEARNING andbuying stuff for GV has been putting a lot of us under pressure.

They'll explain everything really well in the induction weekend. Please for the love of God if you only take one piece of advice from me, WEAR A SUIT TO INDUCTION!!!!!!!!! Oh and bring a pen

See you at the Hotel :D

Mop a top wrote: »
    Massive congrats folks. It was 5 weeks ago since our calls, how weren't you expecting them :P

Induction weekend is awesome, especially the kit fitting. I was literally skipping down the hall lol.

My advice is start getting stuff sorted asap. Trying to fit in your normal work, kids if you have them, ONLINE LEARNING andbuying stuff for GV has been putting a lot of us under pressure.

They'll explain everything really well in the induction weekend. Please for the love of God if you only take one piece of advice from me, WEAR A SUIT TO INDUCTION!!!!!!!!! Oh and bring a pen

thanks for officially confirming this MOP.

Need to go buy a suit ffs.

How I have managed to skip by the last few years in a professional office environment without one is still not lost on me. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

one guy showed in jeans and a hoddie. Needless to say he drew "attention" from the CI, our Sgt, the ACC!!!!! Plus the other squads that were in that day now all know him for the wrong reasons. Tbh he took the stick on the chin and we had a great time slagging him off cos he was great craic. Needless to say he was suited and booted for Sunday

one guy showed in jeans and a hoddie. Needless to say he drew "attention" from the CI, our Sgt, the ACC!!!!! Plus the other squads that were in that day now all know him for the wrong reasons. Tbh he took the stick on the chin and we had a great time slagging him off cos he was great craic. Needless to say he was suited and booted for Sunday

I get bullied enough on here already by future squad mates. no way am I giving them more ammunition by underdressing.

wonder has anyone turned up in a football shirt before. :D

Mop a top wrote:

Mop, what would you suggest for the females among us? Also, I'm bringing my boyfriend as the guest, suit him up as well??

Mop, what would you suggest for the females among us? Also, I'm bringing my boyfriend as the guest, suit him up as well??

I'll sort myself dear. don't worry about me......

I can really see you in a kilt and furry boots...

• Advertisement

Awwww... You can sit with us if you want? :D

Awwww... You can sit with us if you want? :D

thought we'd be hugging by this stage. no? :confused:

What sort of stuff are they asking you to get for GV mop?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

How long were some of you in the "waiting room" for? Just to have an idea of how long I have to wait. Have my medical shortly so I'm quite eager

How long were some of you in the "waiting room" for? Just to have an idea of how long I have to wait. Have my medical shortly so I'm quite eager

one month.

it was a lonely month.

no friends, nobody to talk to...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

I think I could handle a month, any longer I'll be pulling my hair out!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

What sort of stuff are they asking you to get for GV mop?

Read the "starting garnerville soon" thread. It covers pretty much everything you'll need. There's a lot of pages to read in the post but they are worth skimming through

Read the "starting garnerville soon" thread. It covers pretty much everything you'll need. There's a lot of pages to read in the post but they are worth skimming through

Is there anything that you think MikeoneJuliet that may help us along? I know, we're all just trying to grab as much info as possible.

I was sad when there was no welcome packs in the post today :(

Is there anything that you think MikeoneJuliet that may help us along? I know, we're all just trying to grab as much info as possible.

I was sad when there was no welcome packs in the post today :(

that's because your call yesterday was a belated April fools......

:p

• Advertisement

that's because your call yesterday was a belated April fools......

:p

Buh ...Buh ... Buh...

NO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 schmeichel

Had my medical last Tuesday and seen the earlier posts on here saying that they got their calls. Thought it was going to be at least a months' wait for me but....I GOT THE CALL!

Must have made it into the May intake by the skin of my teeth!

yes lad!! That makes lucky 7. Or possibly 8.

I need to make a list...

When did you get the call?

Nope, it's Lucky 7 at the minute..

Iampracticallyalunatic
    PCbobby
    Schmeichel
    PCpandaman
    DingDong1234
    Elforfanato
    and myself.

When did you get the call?

Just within the last hour!

Explains the lack of Welcome packs today well.
    Welcome to the Squad Schmeichel.

I'm going to assume a Man Utd fan from the name?

• Advertisement

or Leicester city.....

Nope, it's Lucky 7 at the minute..

Iampracticallyalunatic
    PCbobby
    Schmeichel
    PCpandaman
    DingDong1234
    Elforfanato
    and myself.

PCDementedFerret......

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes unfortunately a Man Utd fan!!

well, that can't be helped I suppose.

I'm sure you're elated.
    Induction is fairly close... ( I can't post how many days away on here, but you can do the math.) ... I'm a mixture of excited/scared/extremely nervous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement