Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in Christchurch

Options
  • 13-04-2016 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,

I hear Christchurch is booming, it seems to be a well known fact that if you have any sort of a trade or construction related degree that you can walk into a job here.

I have an environmental science degree and 2 years post grad experience in various environmental related fields. I am just wondering does any one know what the job market for someone in my position is around ChristChurch as I am thinking of relocating here come September time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

Jacksie66, what all work is booming? Is it literally just construction? i.e. Joiners, sparks etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

EastTyrone wrote: »
    Jacksie66, what all work is booming? Is it literally just construction? i.e. Joiners, sparks etc?

You have construction then farming pretty much. Oh I do know a plumber that's out here from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lineker

Good Thread,

I've been emailing recruitment companies recently and they seem not to really care about you unless your in Australia or in New Zealand at present, as they say there's too much hassle with relocation visas etc.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, I'm a Civil Engineer looking to relocate before June. Having work setup before I go would be great!!

Advertisement