Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2015

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

I think the FOI is the amount of people who passed the IST, and the deloitte figure,I would image, is the amount of people going through the AC, tho in doubt that figure includes those who dropped out as there would have been no way to predict who would not turn up on the day,or people who walked out mid way through...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Question for all of you that have been through this before.

What happens in two weeks? How do we find out if we passed and are we given a Merit number then? What happens next and how soon does it happen?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the answers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Good question Drummer64 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Question for all of you that have been through this before.

What happens in two weeks? How do we find out if we passed and are we given a Merit number then? What happens next and how soon does it happen?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the answers! :)

you get an email with your score and a breakdown of how you did in each part. You don't get any "merit number" as such.

Then the next stages are psni handled from memory. you will get vetting forms and an invite to online learning etc.

if 1405 is anything to go by, the time from results of assessment centre to the next stage was around a year or so. lol

But that was due to the budget cuts etc.

you get an email with your score and a breakdown of how you did in each part. You don't get any "merit number" as such.

Then the next stages are psni handled from memory. you will get vetting forms and an invite to online learning etc.

if 1405 is anything to go by, the time from results of assessment centre to the next stage was around a year or so. lol

Thanks for the reply iamveryhopeful

• Advertisement

Wow really puts it into perspective. Thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Deloitte will give PSNI a list of all candidates ranked in order of their AC score. They generally take anyone who scores over 85% and process them through the remaining stages first. They'll be issued with vetting papers which need to be returned within 2 weeks and around that time they'll receive a PCA invite with a familiarisation day. Pass that and you'll be given a medical booklet on the day that needs completed by you and then your GP. Your medical will arrive by letter and most of the stages are set about 5 weeks apart. You usually get about 6-8 weeks notice about your PCA. Calls generally go out every 5 weeks.

Once the first group have been process through a stage or two then they'll issue the people in the next score bracket with vetting papers and that's the way it keeps going provided funding is available.

Other points to note are if your vetting takes a long time you might have to repeat your PCA and medical as these only last 6 months. If you fail the PCA they will let you attend training sessions to help improve your performance, I think these are ran every 2 weeks and you have up to 12 weeks to improve before retaking the PCA but you can also retake it at any of the training sessions however if you fail the retest you are out of ithe campaign. Medicals include a SMT which involves hair being cut, you can't tell it's been shipped but they look for a minimum length of 3cm so guys be warned, if they can't scalp you, they'll get it elsewhere :P

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

Hypothetical question!

Hypothetically what happens if you have very short hair but also, ahem, "mow the front lawn" so to speak?

Hypothetically of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Hypothetical question!

Hypothetically what happens if you have very short hair but also, ahem, "mow the front lawn" so to speak?

Hypothetically of course!

Let the grass grow a while before medical lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol he told me he's taken from several different places on guys before. Underarm, legs, chest, the lawn lmfao! One of the joys of being girl lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

I'm male mop :) the wife is just very house proud and insists on keeping the front of the house "well maintained"....eh, hypothetically of course :-/

Underarm it is then lol!!

I'll get me coat...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

I've yet to get any down there. needless to say I did not encounter this problem

Just 11 days to go until we get our assessment day results..anybody else feeling impatient too...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Just 11 days to go until we get our assessment day results..anybody else feeling impatient too...

Very impatient but i guess we may get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Not half impatient !! I keep checking this site, almost hourly, just in case someone has heard something. Dispite knowing that the results won't be out for nearly a fortnight. Some would say obsessed!

Momc82 wrote: »
    Not half impatient !! I keep checking this site, almost hourly, just in case someone has heard something. Dispite knowing that the results won't be out for nearly a fortnight. Some would say obsessed!

Ha ha im not checking it quiet as much as you Momc82 but it is becoming more frequent!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Ha ha im not checking it quiet as much as you Momc82 but it is becoming more frequent!

Once every 2 hours for me haha

Very hard to stay away. Time ticks so slow sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Haha I'm in the same boat as you! I would say impatienance is my worst quality too! First time applying for the Psni and I can't actually believe how excruciating the wait is!
    Momc82 wrote: »

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Very hard to stay away. Time ticks so slow sometimes :(

Lol you are right. Just had to check now just to make sure lol

Nobody heard anything at all?

Arghh hurry up lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Good thing with these results is we have a date to look forward to.
    After this it'll just be endless waiting and hoping for the best :D

Homer01 wrote: »
    Good thing with these results is we have a date to look forward to.
    After this it'll just be endless waiting and hoping for the best :D

Thats true I would just like to know if I passed or not and then just let the rest take course.

Thats true I would just like to know if I passed or not and then just let the rest take course.

Same boat, did I pass and then look at previous campagins and work out is my score high enough to get in!

I'd say you need 65ish to stand a decent chance but that's just pure guessing lol

I think if I score 60 or slightly above it I will not worry about the next stages, I figure there will be hundreds in front of me. At least I will know ive passed ðŸ˜႒

Advertisement