Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girl Band

• 01-04-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Heading to Vicar Street tonight to see Girl Band. Anybody ever see them live? Have heard good things about them. Have listened to their album for past week. Difficult one to get into. Very harsh sounding. But there’s something catchy about it after a couple of listens.

I’m really looking forward to the gig – a sort of tepid excitement. Kinda like – I think it will be a great gig, but I don’t know why it will be, in that it will not really be one of those sing-along gigs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Definitely not a sing-a-long band. Saw them at Longitude last year and EP the year before - expect loudness, head-nods and beards.

Their live performances on Youtube are worth a watch to get a idea of what they are like live. Looking forward to this myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxC2-VpIkcg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They were excellent as always. Lawman was electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Definitely not a sing-a-long band. Saw them at Longitude last year and EP the year before - expect loudness, head-nods and beards.

I stand corrected - lots of singing from where I was. And a serious bit of moshing going on. Tremendous gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hellishtimber

class gig. ribs are bit sore today though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Jesus Christ. Wasn’t expecting that. Crazy gig. Mosh circles, crowd-surfing – it was mental. I thought it was brilliant, and
    I was only half-familiar with the songs. Good set of lungs on lead singer. He’d want to be sucking lozengers for the night after that.
    Songs are much heavier live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Really enjoyed it. We managed to position ourselves nicely - just out of reach of the mosh but close enough to enjoy it and pretend we're still young!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

might as well put this here, new album out in September:

gn6y6tponm231.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tour announced for November too. Includes Vicar Street on November 22. Starts in Manchester on Nov 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

So thoughts on the new song.

My first time listening to them.

Reminds me of a poor version of the song 'Beautiful People'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

New track is insane. Picking up Vicar St ticket tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tickets for Vicar Street show in the bag. Hope the Claque (I mean, Alan Duggan is already there for the headline slot so...) or Just Mustard play as support.

In Brussels, Girl Band are playing with Fontaines DC and the Claque. That'd be a brilliant show, I'd say.

Advertisement