Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OS maps?

Options
  • 30-03-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Where can i get good os maps preferably 1:25,000? Would they have them in outdoor shops or does anyone know any good website to buy from. I've tried OSI website but unless I'm missing something I can't seem to get what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mullanp

mullanp wrote:
    Where can i get good os maps preferably 1:25,000? Would they have them in outdoor shops or does anyone know any good website to buy from. I've tried OSI website but unless I'm missing something I can't seem to get what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone knows any shops in Co.clare that would be greatðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Osi website has an online shop I've bought from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mullanp

CardinalJ wrote:
    Osi website has an online shop I've bought from before.

Did u get 1:25,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only 1:25k maps OSi sell are the so-called Leisure series which is very limited, and certainly nothing for Clare ...

https://shop.osi.ie/Shop/Products/StockedItemsWH03/Leisure%28StockedItems%29/Default.aspx

They're not much more than blown up versions of the 1:50k Discovery series with virtually no added content, so a bit of a waste of time really IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Sorry I don't have a link but if you look up "East West Mapping" He does what you are looking for (but only for certain areas)
    Very good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mullanp wrote: »
    If anyone knows any shops in Co.clare that would be greatðŸ˜႒

most branches of Easons sell the OSI maps worth a try if a shop near you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

se conman wrote: »
    Sorry I don't have a link but if you look up "East West Mapping" He does what you are looking for (but only for certain areas)
    Very good quality.

eastwestmapping.ie

Barry Dalby is the guy who makes them, he's on boards as user BarryD as well. As mentioned they're only for certain areas, mainly walking areas, and they're either 1:30k or 1:25k depending on which map you're talking about. Great maps with loads of detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

davycc wrote: »
    most branches of Easons sell the OSI maps worth a try if a shop near you:)
    Only good for 1:50,000 to about 1:1,000,000.

Advertisement