Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evidence of funds

Options
  • 02-03-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out. How can you provide evidence of funds when entering New Zealand? The reason I ask is a few of us are going travelling before entering New Zealand so any bank statement would only be available from before we went and therefore would not be accurate. I was also holding the money in a savings account so it would not show on my actual bank statement and I wasn't go to transfer it until before I went. Would logging into your online bank account while there be sufficient enough?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I had my statements printed and with me, but i wasnt checked and never heard of anyone else actually having to prove anything.

"Welcome to New Zealand Bro" was all I got :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I completely overspent my budget whilst in Asia and only realised the day I was leaving Bali for Auckland that my account was overdrawn by €600 as I'd forgotten to get my girlfriend to transfer some funds.

Thankfully they never checked and the rest is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sherlok

If you can log in and show money in your account you'll have nothing to worry about at all, but I doubt you'll be asked to do this.

Like the others, I was never asked for any proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Doesn't your bank offer on-line statements? Surely you can print off a more recent one???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Doesn't your bank offer on-line statements? Surely you can print off a more recent one???

Yeah, except they're meant to be certified, so, no.

I say chance it op, was worried about the proof of funds before coming to Oz but not a single thing was checked.

Advertisement