Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Marine Biology

Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ suzycat

Hi,
    I'm currently studying Tourism and one of my assignments is to develop a package tour for a group of marine biologists! I need to find a suitable destination. Would anybody have any ideas?? And it can't be in Europe, America or Australia!

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Tour of the coastline from Cork to Donegal. Dolphins in cork, Oyster farming in Clare, Sharks in Malin Head. You can probably get a fish farm in between. Think there are seaweed baths in Sligo around Enniscrone. Not sure if aquaculture would count but something to keep in mind.
    Good luck

• Do California coast. Visit Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego. Have fun at SeaWorld, San Diego. Scuba dive Two Harbors at the Isthmus of Santa Catalina Island. Visit Monterey Bay Aquarium. Fest at Fishman's Warf San Francisco.

• Fathom wrote: »
    Do California coast. Visit Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego. Have fun at SeaWorld, San Diego. Scuba dive Two Harbors at the Isthmus of Santa Catalina Island. Visit Monterey Bay Aquarium. Fest at Fishman's Warf San Francisco.

The OP said it cannot be in Europe, Australia or America. California is in the latter.

Having said that, I cannot advise her either.

• suzycat wrote: »
    Hi,
    And it can't be in Europe, America or Australia!
    My earlier post in error. Overlooked qualification. Consider New Zealand? Visit Marine Conservation School. University of Wellington. Visit two marine reserves Kapiti and Taputeranga near Wellington. Explore rocky shores, estuaries, fiords, and sea mounts.

• Southern Africa? The Okavango deltas while they're wet and then on to Cape Town and/or maybe Victoria Falls?

• Advertisement

• Tour Japan. Visit Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute. University Tokyo. Attend Oceanographic Society of Japan conference. Or Japan International Maritime Exhibition & Conference. Visit Tokyo Sea Life Park. Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium.

Advertisement