Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Raspberry Pi Ally

Options
  • 22-03-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Two years ago I started a tutorial series to show people the various things that they could achieve with their Raspberry Pi devices.

The series stopped after I showed people how to create the ultimate Retro Portable Emulation Station using Retropie.

Unfortunately... life got in the way.

Now however with the release of The Raspberry Pi 3 (with built in wifi AND bluetooth!) I've revived the series.

Check out the teaser below:

Over the coming weeks there will be many tutorials to show you the true capabilities of that little portable power house.

Thanks for checking it out guys.

You can check out the previous episodes in the series here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyPLRL6HIOqqXNmP2t19y0rphpiedNwNS

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great idea for a series!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Great idea for a series!

Glad you like the idea.

The series is built with the idea that not everyone is a techie. The only Pi tutorials at the time seemed incredibly overly complicated to me for the average person so I try to make the series with the least amount of Linux Knowledge required.

Series 2 is going to start from basics... showing people how to install n00bs then each subsequent episode will show them what they can do with each installation available via n00bs and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Just subscribed. I'm a big fan of the pi so look forward to seeing your vids.

I was half thinking of having a go at this project - all I need is a 64GB micro SD and some a couple of USB controllers ... I'm not much of a gamer so don't have boxes of gear lying around.

https://youtu.be/WVh67wMe0P0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking if buying one of these, will check out your videos for sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

MrVestek wrote: »
    Glad you like the idea.

The series is built with the idea that not everyone is a techie. The only Pi tutorials at the time seemed incredibly overly complicated to me for the average person so I try to make the series with the least amount of Linux Knowledge required.

Series 2 is going to start from basics... showing people how to install n00bs then each subsequent episode will show them what they can do with each installation available via n00bs and more.

This is exactly what I need. I got the Pi 3 last week, and I'm already lost lol. Looking forward to your new guides

• Advertisement

This is exactly what I need. I got the Pi 3 last week, and I'm already lost lol. Looking forward to your new guides

Hoping to put the finishing touches on the first episode tonight and have it ready by tonight or early tomorrow.

Keep an eye on that sub feed.

Thanks everyone for your interest so far. :-)

Just subscribed. I'm a big fan of the pi so look forward to seeing your vids.

I was half thinking of having a go at this project - all I need is a 64GB micro SD and some a couple of USB controllers ... I'm not much of a gamer so don't have boxes of gear lying around.

https://youtu.be/WVh67wMe0P0

I actually have a similar idea planned for a future video.

Watch this space. ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where is the best place to buy a pi 3? Amazon wont deliver to ireland.

Where is the best place to buy a pi 3? Amazon wont deliver to ireland.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-3-with-pibow-case

This is the kit I purchased.

Amazon will gladly deliver to Ireland by the way if you use a forwarding service such as Parcel Motel.

....she's live as of 30 minutes ago!

Let me know what you guys think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Subbed just now. Interested to see upcoming projects.
    How's your reception of constructive criticism? Your video editing skills leave a bit to be desired. There were points in that video that you have obviously just thrown in an extra line of audio on top of the video so the volume jumps up and down.
    I know it's youtube and all but playing with the levels of audio is pretty straight forward with the likes of audacity. The phases between audio don't have to be seamless but they just seemed a little bit all over the place in certain parts of that video.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Subbed just now. Interested to see upcoming projects.
    How's your reception of constructive criticism? Your video editing skills leave a bit to be desired. There were points in that video that you have obviously just thrown in an extra line of audio on top of the video so the volume jumps up and down.
    I know it's youtube and all but playing with the levels of audio is pretty straight forward with the likes of audacity. The phases between audio don't have to be seamless but they just seemed a little bit all over the place in certain parts of that video.

Yeah I know the bit you're talking about.

I didn't have the original mic that I recorded the voiceover to hand so I recorded that part of the voiceover with a different mic as I felt I needed to clarify something briefly.

You're right though I could do with normalising the voiceover a bit more, thanks for the constructive feedback!

Advertisement