Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,156 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Onnit invational, no-gi tourney, streaming for free right now

https://www.onnit.com/live

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mellor wrote: »
    Onnit invational, no-gi tourney, streaming for free right now

https://www.onnit.com/live

Any big names competing?

Mostly up and coming guys, the only name that stood out was Gordan Ryan whose a recent blackbelt and Garry Tonon's protege. In saying that, the 8 an tourney has been great. Some crazy submissions, suplex to RNC, 13 second heelhook.
    Two 14 year old girls fighting atm, and they are tying each other in knotsr

Mostly up and coming guys, the only name that stood out was Gordan Ryan whose a recent blackbelt and Garry Tonon's protege. In saying that, the 8 an tourney has been great. Some crazy submissions, suplex to RNC, 13 second heelhook.
    Two 14 year old girls fighting atm, and they are tying each other in knotsr

Ah yeah I know him he trains in renzos and tristar doesnt he phenom hes supposed to be,

The nogi game is gone wild lately with all the freaks competing now a days I wish there was a 10th Planet in Dublin I'd train no gi there for sure,

Yeah, Im focusng a little more on no-gi lately. Not 10th Planet, but I've a great wrestling coach, and my other coach has a big leg lock game. Reading Eddie's book, and watch everything I can on Renzo's guys. All I need now is about 1000 hours worth of time invested in it.

• Advertisement

...suplex to RNC...
    CelebratedQuaintAfricanporcupine.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Few pics of RR from daily mail. She looks huge to me! Theres more on DM website but think 2 is enough to get the idea.

328B1D2200000578-0-image-m-5_1458913697021.jpg

328B1D6A00000578-0-image-a-3_1458913084165.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Devastator wrote: »
    Few pics of RR from daily mail. She looks huge to me! Theres more on DM website but think 2 is enough to get the idea.

Why are some people so obsessed with Ronda Rousey's weight and physical appearance? Why should anyone care as long as she show's up on weight when it comes to weighing in for a fight?

Why pander to the celeb gossip rags by even recycling these stupid pictures?

John_D80 wrote: »
    Why are some people so obsessed with Ronda Rousey's weight and physical appearance? Why should anyone care as long as she show's up on weight when it comes to weighing in for a fight?

I can't remember making any other posts about Rousey's weight but if the 1 post equals an obsession in your mind then ok :confused:

Why should anyone care? Well she is a fighter who has to fight in a specific weight class, which also happens to be the highest female weight class in the UFC....so therefore her weight is actually important in terms of if/when she is fighting again.

EQUALITY RULES!!! Theres enough talk about male fighters and their weight....whats the difference with talking about RR?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Have you read all the articles about how big McGregor was getting over the last few months? Every time he appeared in public people were talking about it!

There are constant discussions about MMA fighters and boxers putting on weight between fights. Is everyone obsessed when they talk about them or maybe is it because she’s a woman that you’re getting defensive on the subject?

• Advertisement

I can't remember making any other posts about Rousey's weight but if the 1 post equals an obsession in your mind then ok :confused:

Never said you did make any other posts about it did I? I was pointing out that there is a general obsession with Ronda Rouseys weight. Dont see too many other fighters being chased by papparazzi trying to get a photo of them eating junk food or in tracksuits with out make up or hair done so they can sell it to rags like the Daily Mail or fameflynet.

Why should anyone care? Well she is a fighter who has to fight in a specific weight class, which also happens to be the highest female weight class in the UFC....so therefore her weight is actually important in terms of if/when she is fighting again.

She is out of competition. If she puts on 100lbs, who cares. Has she ever had issues making weight before? No she has not. At all. She makes weight, first time, every time. So why is it anyones concern what she does in her private life?

This kind of sh1t belongs in celeb gossip rags.

EQUALITY RULES!!! Theres enough talk about male fighters and their weight....whats the difference with talking about RR?

Dont see why you felt the need to bring up about equality. I never said her gender was anything to do with it.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Have you read all the articles about how big McGregor was getting over the last few months? Every time he appeared in public people were talking about it!

There are constant discussions about MMA fighters and boxers putting on weight between fights. Is everyone obsessed when they talk about them or maybe is it because she’s a woman that you’re getting defensive on the subject?

Did I say anything about her gender having anything at all to do with it??? Wher did you get that from?

To be fair as well, Mcgregor was in training to compete at a higher weightclass. Rousey is out of competetion with no forseeable plans to return any time soon. Huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, I saw a load of talk over Vitor and his "dad-bod" a couple of weeks ago when his missus posted that picture on Instagram. I think pictures of fighters in and out of shape are relevant to the conversation, especially when taking about guys like Vitor (Known drugs cheat) or Ronda (appears to have mentally broken).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Did I say anything about her gender having anything at all to do with it??? Wher did you get that from?

To be fair as well, Mcgregor was in training to compete at a higher weightclass. Rousey is out of competetion with no forseeable plans to return any time soon. Huge difference.

Not to pick a fight but I actually find it interesting to see the shape fighters are in when out of camp. Seen pictures of BJ, Ronda, Hendricks, Sonnen etc before and I always find it interesting. So I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with people posting about it.

Seems there are double standards though when it comes to Rousey for some reason. People,on this forum even, and the MMA public at large are very vocal when it comes to not judging the likes of Nick Diaz or Jon Jones on their activities in private but god forbid Ronda might appear out in public looking anything less than her best and suddenly its open season.

And to be fair, in the pictures posted above, she looks perfectly fine to me.

Seems there are double standards though when it comes to Rousey for some reason. People,on this forum even, and the MMA public at large are very vocal when it comes to not judging the likes of Nick Diaz or Jon Jones on their activities in private but god forbid Ronda might appear out in public looking anything less than her best and suddenly its open season.

And to be fair, in the pictures posted above, she looks perfectly fine to me.

Jaysus you think? I'd have to disagree with you there. Think she looks way out of shape. I get what you're saying about people judging. To be fair I don't think Devastator is one of those though.

Not to pick a fight but I actually find it interesting to see the shape fighters are in when out of camp. Seen pictures of BJ, Ronda, Hendricks, Sonnen etc before and I always find it interesting. So I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with people posting about it.

I know you're not the type to pick fights!!

Nor have I actually but when pictures of out of competetion athletes are used in a negative way thats when its gone beyond fan discussion and into the realm of gossip IMO.

Jaysus you think? I'd have to disagree with you there. Think she looks way out of shape. I get what you're saying about people judging. To be fair I don't think Devastator is one of those though.

Well here's a pic from the same article taken just a few days before. She looks very much fine to me!!! At the end of the day, despite her profession she is just an ordinary person. Dont think anyone looks good coming out of starbucks in the morning!!

327DA84E00000578-0-image-m-7_1458914016399.jpg

Well here's a pic from the same article taken just a few days before. She looks very much fine to me!!! At the end of the day, despite her profession she is just an ordinary person. Dont think anyone looks good coming out of starbucks in the morning!!

327DA84E00000578-0-image-m-7_1458914016399.jpg

Miesha would look good coming out of Starbucks in the morning.

Miesha would look good coming out of Starbucks in the morning.

Miesha does have certain qualities that I can appreciate I will admit!

• Advertisement

Never said you did make any other posts about it did I?

Well by quoting me and in your 1st sentence being "Some people are obsessed blah blah blah" it seemed it was directed at me. As for the rest of the discussion, gossip columns, papperrazi,etc its all a lot of bollocks!

She is a fighter, that is her job, therefore her weight IMO is a completely valid subject for the "General UFC CHat" thread....in the exact same way we have done for many other fighters.

Well by quoting me and in your 1st sentence being "Some people are obsessed blah blah blah" it seemed it was directed at me. As for the rest of the discussion, gossip columns, papperrazi,etc its all a lot of bollocks!

Yes exactly, I clearly said some people, and then went on to say that there seems to be a ''general'' obsession with her out of competioin weight which I personally find hard to understand considering she has never had any problems making weight.

I never meant for you to feel like the bad man on the INTERNET was having a go at you!! ;)

Wasn't the case at all. It was as I already said, a general observation, nothing more.

WARNING!!! The following link contains pictures of a female UFC fighter getting coffee. I have not posted the pictures on the forum due to not wanting to be the cause of another outbreak of fauxrage amoung the easily offended.

Incidentally, PVZ is out of competition but looks like she could make weight for a fight this weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ufc/article-3509593/Paige-VanZant-dons-lover-not-fighter-t-shirt-UFC-star-arrives-Dancing-Stars-rehearsal.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

WARNING!!! The following link contains pictures of a female UFC fighter getting coffee. I have not posted the pictures on the forum due to not wanting to be the cause of another outbreak of fauxrage amoung the easily offended.

Incidentally, PVZ is out of competition but looks like she could make weight for a fight this weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ufc/article-3509593/Paige-VanZant-dons-lover-not-fighter-t-shirt-UFC-star-arrives-Dancing-Stars-rehearsal.html

Some people are so obsessed with PVZ's weight.

12274780_971780376266319_7807570606408964808_n.jpg?oh=829ec64ddfac477b5a7ca09384b75ba4&oe=579640B4

Lol wind your neck in a small bit lad. Don't take everything so personally. I explained to you I wasn't having a go at you.

So are you going to try and post pictures of every UFC fighter to try and make a point or are you gonna let it go at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'm really enjoying the push Nate is finally getting now. Seems more comfortable on camera and is coming across as a really likeable guy. Said he might not even train for the next McGregor fight!

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the push Nate is finally getting now. Seems more comfortable on camera and is coming across as a really likeable guy. Said he might not even train for the next McGregor fight!

Nate seems to be a lot more comfortable than Nick when it comes to the media. He's a funny guy. Comes across well.

Nate seems to be a lot more comfortable than Nick when it comes to the media. He's a funny guy. Comes across well.

He really seems to have come out of his shell a bit and is now a lot more media savvy. Since the build up to the McG fight he has been totally different I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lol wind your neck in a small bit lad. Don't take everything so personally. I explained to you I wasn't having a go at you.

So are you going to try and post pictures of every UFC fighter to try and make a point or are you gonna let it go at that.

can we all just agree to get along and post more pictures of pvz? :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement