Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford people, give me directions...

Options
  • 05-07-2003 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading to Waterford on Monday morning to visit the local motorbike dealers to see what pre-owned machines they've got in stock. I'll be coming from Kilkenny. Can any of you waterford heads give me directions to a few of them? :) ( I don't know Waterford well at all)

This is what the golden pages has given me:

Barron Billy Motorcycles 65 O Connell st, Waterford
    (051) 304444

DC Motorcycles Ltd
    16 Mary st, Waterford
    (051) 843477

Doherty Motorcycles
    30 , Mayors Walk Waterford
    (051) 854052

H.B. Motorcycles & ATV Centre
    U1 Ballinaneesagh Cork Rd
    (051) 353111

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Dont go near Billy Barron at all. To get to Doherty's, come across the bridge and head straight up, the hill. You'll come to a set of traffic lights, turn left and head straight down the road. Turn left at Tom Murphy's car sales and turn right at the junction. Head down the road until you see the garda station, turn right and Doherty is about 200 yards up the road.

HB Motorcycles, from the bridge turn left and drive along the quays. Come to the tower hotel and head straight out past the ESB, all the way out the cork road past the roundabout. Go past the college, drive for about 5 mins and you'll see Texaco garage on your left, it's the 1st turn left down a little side road. You'll see MAD racing and it's to the left of that.

ALWAYS A PLEASURE, NEVER A CHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This Billy Barron guy got a bad reputation or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

He's just downright ignorant. One of the fellas in work was asking him a few questions and as he was walking out the door he heard Billy saying "yeah u w*n*er". Lots of people complain about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ok, thanks for the warning. Any idea where "DC Motorcycles" is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Abraxas

To get to Mary St, come straight off the bridge onto Bridge St (ie not down the quay). About 50 yards from the bridge, there's a small turn to the right and that's the street you're looking for. I don't remember a bike shop down there but I could easily be wrong.

If you're considering travelling further afield, Embassy Motor Cycles, Roughmead Drinagh (053) 43015, are very good. Brian there is very helpful and won't try to flog you something that you don't want.

J R Motorcycles in Wellingtonbridge used to have a decent stocklist too, mostly imported custom stuff though. Skip Wexford Motorcycle Centre in Wexford town. And there's always James Motorcycles in Gorey, pretty far though from Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hewlet

Billy Barron brings in some of the nicest american motorcylces i have seen he is a genuine man he doesnt bul**** around he will tell you the truth he has a workshop like nothing i have seen .4 benches for bikes he has a new container comming in in december and i will say i can guarantee him to have a bike for all your needs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement