Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in Nz for Electrician and phys nurse?

Options
  • 01-11-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey All,
    In the final stages of getting pr in canada and after that would like to go to nz for 6 months to a year. I am an irish trade cert sparky with my canada ticket also, gf canadian is a psychiatric nurse. Where would the best place be for us to go for both jobs?
    1) auckland
    2) wellington

Been looking at these anymore suggestions? Just want to experience the new zealand lifestyle etc
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Christchurch for anything construction related.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Plenty of work for Electricians and Nurses in Auckland. You will both need to have your skills assessed See: http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/training-and-qualifications/recognition-of-overseas-qualifications/ http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nurses/International-registration Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

20260622 wrote: »
    Plenty of work for Electricians and Nurses in Auckland. You will both need to have your skills assessed See: http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/training-and-qualifications/recognition-of-overseas-qualifications/ http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nurses/International-registration Best of luck

What is the story with getting your skills assessed for working in NZ??
    Where is best to do it/have they samples online etc (ag mechanic)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

The professional bodies such as nurses, accountants etc have assessments, I don't know about mechanic trades though.

For Ag Mechanic you're best bet might be to come here on a working holiday visa and interview in person if possible, then apply for a work permit as soon as you land the job. Should be in hot demand considering how massive agriculture is here. But obviously some investment/risk on your part.

pclancy wrote: »
    The professional bodies such as nurses, accountants etc have assessments, I don't know about mechanic trades though.

For Ag Mechanic you're best bet might be to come here on a working holiday visa and interview in person if possible, then apply for a work permit as soon as you land the job. Should be in hot demand considering how massive agriculture is here. But obviously some investment/risk on your part.

Ya...that's what I'm hoping

Which would be best island to go to and when would harvest/busy time be in NZ

• Advertisement

Couldnt say which island was better to be honest, they're both full of farms :) I imagine as the weather can vary a lot between islands they have more\less dairy in certain areas.

Join the "Irish People Living in New Zealand" Facebook group and post a message, I bet someone will respond with useful contact info, lots of Irish lads down here farming, very well respected.

pclancy wrote: »
    Couldnt say which island was better to be honest, they're both full of farms :) I imagine as the weather can vary a lot between islands they have more\less dairy in certain areas.

Join the "Irish People Living in New Zealand" Facebook group and post a message, I bet someone will respond with useful contact info, lots of Irish lads down here farming, very well respected.

Thanks again
    Been a great help :)

Twill be towards tail end of year before il be set up to go....work too busy atm and long hours will help to build savings

Cool. Best weather is Jan-April so you'll have a nice summer to get acquainted before winter rolls in. Good luck!

Advertisement