Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to SSD

Options
  • 23-02-2016 1:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

I have just ordered a SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and it is being supplied with Acronis True Image 2016 software. The reviews of this product are far from good. 24% 1star reviews on Amazon. Has anyone experience with this product or any other cloning software, Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Riva10 wrote: »
    I have just ordered a SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and it is being supplied with Acronis True Image 2016 software. The reviews of this product are far from good. 24% 1star reviews on Amazon. Has anyone experience with this product or any other cloning software, Thanks in advance

I'd say most were PEBKAC. Clone software is fine and has been for years, assuming drive interaction stays the same(ACHI on Sata). But the better option would be a fresh install of windows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

If I go this route of a clean instal, how will I keep all my info on my present disc. This was the main reason that I was cloning my present hard disk

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Riva10 wrote: »
    If I go this route of a clean instal, how will I keep all my info on my present disc. This was the main reason that I was cloning my present hard disk

Back it up to an external drive first then copy it onto ssd after the clean install.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As a one time thing TI is fine, as a regular backup application its a total dog. I'm no fan of Norton but ghost is literally 20x more functional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Hello and thanks for the help. Bit the bullet and did a clean install. Backed up files and folders to an ext. hard drive with the enclosed software from Acronis. Would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement