Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I think it's safe to say Fia is the mother of the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You were proved right at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

It would be an interesting twist if that girl wasn't Fia at all. Peadar didn't recognise her and she really didn't want Máire to call her mother. She could still be the baby's mother, but just pretending to be Fia so that Máire & Peadar would look after her and the child.

I don't think that's what they're doing, especially since she called the baby "Liam", but it would be a fairly plausible twist...

Also I don't understand the aging process in R&R. They made Evan jump from 14 to 18 overnight a couple years ago (I imagine Fia's age has been upped to match?) and they seem to have forgotten that Katy is only about 20 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Maire recognised her as being Fia so i don't think that would be the storyline at all. If there was a slight twist, it'd be more that the baby isn't actually hers, that maybe she lost a baby recently and seen that her Grandparents had taken one in after reading about it on the internet, has shown up to pretend she's the mother.

Not that i think that will be the storyline at all. I think it's just what we are seeing at the moment, Fia is the mother but doesn't want Peadar and Maire to find out but of course they eventually will.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

It would be an interesting twist if that girl wasn't Fia at all. Peadar didn't recognise her and she really didn't want Máire to call her mother. She could still be the baby's mother, but just pretending to be Fia so that Máire & Peadar would look after her and the child.

I don't think that's what they're doing, especially since she called the baby "Liam", but it would be a fairly plausible twist...

Also I don't understand the aging process in R&R. They made Evan jump from 14 to 18 overnight a couple years ago (I imagine Fia's age has been upped to match?) and they seem to have forgotten that Katy is only about 20 as well.

I was kinda wondering why Katy was going for Jason, and the weird soap aging process would explain it.

And they made the actress look like Vanessa bleached hair and all, so it might be safe to say it is Fia.

• Advertisement

Uh oh looks like Even knows Fia's secret, wonder if he'll spill the beans?

is it just me or does Even seem angrier these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dailyface

Uh oh looks like Even knows Fia's secret, wonder if he'll spill the beans?

is it just me or does Even seem angrier these days?

Would you blame him? He had to come home early from his trip cse of Fia baby and now the whole thing Caitriona. If he wise he would have stayed gone.

Bobbi Lee is such a good character. Love her dynamic with Tadgh.

Did Berni not know that Evan killed Cathal?! It was never implied that she didn't and I thought she helped cover it up, but the UPC guide for next week says something like
    "Evan tells Berni the truth about Cathal's death".

I was sure she knew?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Did Berni not know that Evan killed Cathal?! It was never implied that she didn't and I thought she helped cover it up, but the UPC guide for next week says something like
    "Evan tells Berni the truth about Cathal's death".

I was sure she knew?!

Actually, i forgot about that. I think Seamus knew and told Evan not to say nothing. I always thought there was going to be a big story to come out of it for the following year where Evan gets charged for Cathal's murder and the investigation and court case would take up a lot of the series. But nothing was said about it since.

Surely the post mortem would have raised questions.

What's the point of that other priest caracter? Sure all he does is sit in the pub!

• Advertisement

Bobbi Lee was in the community centre with Frances at the start of tonight's episode..and then a couple scenes later, she was in her pyjamas telling Máire she'd only got up and needed to get ready to out?

Also, Catríona is so bloody annoying. Didn't get nearly enough comeuppance for publishing the book...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Are the subtitles missing for anyone Else?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Are the subtitles missing for anyone Else?

Yes they were, back now!

I wasn't ready for an aural exam! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd say Maíre knows the real truth now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

To be honest I just want to see more of that blonde nurse that called Mack in for more tests.
    I thought he jumped out of the bed because he couldn't believe his luck!
    I can't remember them looking like that when I went to the Gaeltacht as a young fella!:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Anyone else think the father of Fia's baby might be Vanessa's partner?

Will somebody please give Mack a shave?!!

I enjoy that coffin craic. Better still I am beginning to twig a bit more Donegal Irish there has been so much of it in the last few episodes!
    I loved Tadgh's line about Daly "Ta Daly thick ach nil se co-thick" - Daly is thick but not that thick. Tadgh always gets the best lines!

Finding it very hard to suspend my disbelief. The Daly barrister would not be allowed near the case. Conflict of interest past relationship with mack! Cop on writers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

Okay, so frustrated with Ailbhe now! Where is this going to go?

Whatever happened the whole Eoin/Eimear/Peigi story? Did they all just live happily ever after??

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Whatever happened the whole Eoin/Eimear/Peigi story? Did they all just live happily ever after??

I have no idea the last time that triangle was going they were just throwing looks at each other resulting in close up shots of facial expressions.

Bobbi Lee is cringeworthy!!
    You'd think Tiernan would have just told her that Berni already had his number (which she does, because she was calling him from the car that time)

Yeesh poor Deirdre that Muira's is such a blackguard. Thankfully Katie was there just in time before anything worse happened.

Glad to see Eoin too.

But I'm not looking forward to the new love triangle ugh....

Anyone else think the scene in Deirdre's office with Katy knocking out yer man was very similar to what happened in Coronation Street with Callum??

Ros na Run needs more harmless blaguard/up to devilment type chracters, like they had with Seamus M. Tom.
    I realise soaps normally revolve around someone looking for someone to ride a man/woman, someone dying of a long term illness, maybe a murder or two thrown in.
    Then the roundabout starts again with some new characters.
    But it would be nice if they threw in a few more story lines with mad capped schemes. Like John Joe's funeral schemes that type of thing.
    It needs more comedy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ros na Run needs more harmless blaguard/up to devilment type chracters, like they had with Seamus M. Tom.
    I realise soaps normally revolve around someone looking for someone to ride a man/woman, someone dying of a long term illness, maybe a murder or two thrown in.
    Then the roundabout starts again with some new characters.
    But it would be nice if they threw in a few more story lines with mad capped schemes. Like John Joe's funeral schemes that type of thing.
    It needs more comedy in it.

I agree...they are trying to introduce it but they don't have a certain character yet, definitely need to introduce a new character to be like that. With Seamus you always knew he was up to something.

Hang on. If Mack had a house nearby sitting empty, how come (a) he's been housesharing with Mo or Catriona for years and (b) he didn't rent/sell it when he needed money for his operation?

Like, he had no money and she paid his medical bills using all her savings, and he goes "thanks, here, have a house I just had lying around"?

• Advertisement

Hang on. If Mack had a house nearby sitting empty, how come (a) he's been housesharing with Mo or Catriona for years and (b) he didn't rent/sell it when he needed money for his operation?

Like, he had no money and she paid his medical bills using all her savings, and he goes "thanks, here, have a house I just had lying around"?

That is a great point bit of a pothole there! Plus his hackney business was suffering wouldn't you think he would have done something with it for financial reasons, or at least mentioned it? Have the writers changed much because you would think they would go over old stuff, and at least fit the story's into the RnaR universe?
    I am starting to get the feeling it is all written a bit ad hoc depending on how the writers feel when they wake up in the morning!
    First Mack's ex questioning him in court now Mack having a house mysteriously appear. It is just made up as it goes along with no checks and balances.

Advertisement