Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interested in Airsoft

• 01-08-2015 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I am very interested in airsoft and I just want to know is there any events I can attend without being in my own team and just show up on the day and play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Turning up and playing is the usual way people start . All sites have rental items, You need good boots that protect your ankles and good eyewear.
    Check on the sites thread here or look at facebook.
    Your location would help narrow down specific sites near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobjnr

Dont do it man.I just showed up one day and now I have 13 guns ,new friends and no free Sundays.damn this war

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fearthelight

I'm interested in playing Airsoft. After a good bit of research, I bought myself the UMAREX H&K g36CV. I cannot for the life of me get the battery that I bought separatelty for it into the gun.

I've looked it up and it's one gun that even veterans have difficulties putting the battery in, I did know this before buying it but I genuinely could not see it being such a huge issue as it is.

I want to go to a day of Airsoft but does anyone with experience know if the guys running the day could help me get the battery into it. I'm aware, I will look like a complete noob but it cannot be helped.

PS - this was the most recent and relevant thread

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm interested in playing Airsoft. After a good bit of research, I bought myself the UMAREX H&K g36CV. I cannot for the life of me get the battery that I bought separatelty for it into the gun.

I've looked it up and it's one gun that even veterans have difficulties putting the battery in, I did know this before buying it but I genuinely could not see it being such a huge issue as it is.

I want to go to a day of Airsoft but does anyone with experience know if the guys running the day could help me get the battery into it. I'm aware, I will look like a complete noob but it cannot be helped.

PS - this was the most recent and relevant thread

What type battery are you using should be pretty straight forward if using a mini 8.4 or a small type lipo

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

I can't imagine a site where there would be no-one to help you.

One of the pleasure's of the sport :)

Certainly if you go to BlackRidge Airsoft in Wexford, there are plenty of willing assistants ;)
    The fellas that run the site are always helping people with gun issues.

Cheers,

Adam

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    What type battery are you using should be pretty straight forward if using a mini 8.4 or a small type lipo

I had to buy it separately from them and they supplied a nung chuck style battery. Unsure of wattage (can confirm when home) I did think this could be the issue but as they charged me for the battery and told me it would work, I thought it was just me not able to install it. Cheers

Adzski wrote: »
    I can't imagine a site where there would be no-one to help you.

One of the pleasure's of the sport :)

Certainly if you go to BlackRidge Airsoft in Wexford, there are plenty of willing assistants ;)
    The fellas that run the site are always helping people with gun issues.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks. I'm thinking of just booking the day and bringing the gun with me and hope that someone can help me. I may look at buying a different batt. All else fails at the site, I'll just use my pistol :)

Cheers guys for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I had to buy it separately from them and they supplied a nung chuck style battery. Unsure of wattage (can confirm when home) I did think this could be the issue but as they charged me for the battery and told me it would work, I thought it was just me not able to install it. Cheers

Gatling wrote: »

Thanks! This helped and I figured it out. I searched on youtube but didn't find this vid. Appreciate the help!

Advertisement