Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Had a great game of Fallout 4 last night, finally met up with
    Kellog the prick
    , tried to be civil and ask him a few questions - but he got rude...
    So I took a load of Buff-Jet and equipped my Spike knuckles and punched him into a fine red mist.

Also found a legendary Piercing Power-Knuckles - which is unreal. 2 or maybe 3 punches will turn even a Super Mutant into a pile of mush. It has a perk, where every subsequent punch is more powerful.

Also went to Goodneighbour and met Bobbi-No-Nose..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Had a great game of Fallout 4 last night, finally met up with
    Kellog the prick
    , tried to be civil and ask him a few questions - but he got rude...
    So I took a load of Buff-Jet and equipped my Spike knuckles and punched him into a fine red mist.

Also found a legendary Piercing Power-Knuckles - which is unreal. 2 or maybe 3 punches will turn even a Super Mutant into a pile of mush. It has a perk, where every subsequent punch is more powerful.

Also went to Goodneighbour and met Bobbi-No-Nose..

Reminds me of that old AVGN episode where he's on about the main character punching everything :pac:

Super Mutant? - Punch it!
    Legendary Glowing One? - Punch it!
    Alpha Deathclaw? - Punch it!

Also, did you know bobbi is a woman? I just thought he had a REALLY bad haircut :D

Was looking at mods for X-Com 2 and found this.

I know Chimp will be only delighted

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619837596&searchtext=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Was looking at mods for X-Com 2 and found this.

I know Chimp will be only delighted

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619837596&searchtext=

I laughed more than was legally required.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finished The Expanse the other day - very good show, disappointing it ended so quickly though; 10 months to wait for season 2.

Watching Mr. Robot now. 2 episodes in, looks very good and have heard great things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Battlestar Galactica film now in development. Doubtful to happen, but would love to see the TV show cast involved. Edward James Olmos IS Admiral Adama. Katee Sackhoff IS Starbuck.

For all we know though, the movie could be a prequel style story, so younger actors involved.

Now, its been a long time since I watched them, but I don't think there is much more Battlestar story left after where it left off - it ended on a fairly final note in the story. and from memory Caprica dealt with the run up to it all, so I am not sure where they would go with a movie.

Could end up being a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Now, its been a long time since I watched them, but I don't think there is much more Battlestar story left after where it left off - it ended on a fairly final note in the story. and from memory Caprica dealt with the run up to it all, so I am not sure where they would go with a movie.

Caprica / Blood & Chrome just didn't do it for me, I think all the prequel stuff is kind of covered. As for a reboot of a reboot? Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Could end up being a reboot.
    PetKing wrote: »
    Caprica / Blood & Chrome just didn't do it for me, I think all the prequel stuff is kind of covered. As for a reboot of a reboot? Meh!

I'd actually forgotten about Caprica / Blood & Chrome. I'm hoping now that the movie isn't just a retelling of the escape from the colonies and run to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Two episodes left in the expanse, great show!

• Advertisement

What about Fair City. Yer wan Heather poisoning her own daughter just so she can get the doctor over for a quick shag. That's just cold.

What about Fair City. Yer wan Heather poisoning her own daughter just so she can the doctor over for a quick shag. That's just cold.

Is this the kind of stuff that happens in soaps now? F**king hell :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

What about Fair City. Yer wan Heather poisoning her own daughter just so she can get the doctor over for a quick shag. That's just cold.

Lol big lol.. :D

Do you actually watch it or just read about the story?

ok, three episodes in and Mr. Robot is AMAZING.

PlainP wrote: »
    Lol big lol.. :D

Do you actually watch it or just read about the story?

It's just so bland and the awful acting make it addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

It's just so bland and the awful acting make it addictive.

Well at least you're honest. I'll admit to dipping in every now and again. Haven't see much of the psycho mammy story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thought space was pretty lousy when the game first launched but nothing as bad as Borderlands. Nocal showed me yesterday where you can buy extra inventorty slots in BL2. Beaten the game several times on PS3/PS4 with only 12 god damn inventory slots.:o

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thought space was pretty lousy when the game first launched but nothing as bad as Borderlands. Nocal showed me yesterday where you can buy extra inventorty slots in BL2. Beaten the game several times on PS3/PS4 with only 12 god damn inventory slots.:o

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

As a boards noob, I'm having some trouble posting a YouTube link here on Boards via the Android app. Can anyone help?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As a boards noob, I'm having some trouble posting a YouTube link here on Boards via the Android app. Can anyone help?

yup, take the bit after the = in the youtube url and paste it in between the following

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

As a boards noob,

> Join date: 2008...
    > noob

:pac:

> Join date: 2008...
    > noob

:pac:

ok... posting/embedding links on boards noob!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Finished the expanse, great show... Ending was a bit meh but still enjoyed it.

Walking dead back last night, banshee in march and GoT in April.

I also have the last season of Hell on Wheels to watch!

Oh, also went to deadpool last night, cannot recommend it enough, fantastic movie.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    yup, take the bit after the = in the youtube url and paste it in between the following

ok, think I get you... that was an ordeal!! :eek:
    anyway, my first Destiny youtube clip, was happy with this one! :) Must commit my other unedited videos to youtube for posterity and to free up the drive space.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed "John Wick", it did exactly what i wanted it to do.
    96 minute movies in this day and age of bloated rubbish are a god send.
    Within about 10 minutes you knew everything you needed to know and then for the rest he was like a kind of Realistic Comic Books hero type guy.
    If you like stuff like The Raid (not VoG, the movie haha), District 13 and Die Hard etc, it's worth a watch.
    Even the missus enjoyed it, and thats unusual for her with that kind of "popcorn movie"

If you want to continue the Keanu crush - Street Kings. The Raid is a class film. Have you watched the sequel?

Watched Old Boy at the weekend. Man the ending messed with my head. Had to rewind to see if read the subtitles right.

If you want to continue the Keanu crush - Street Kings. The Raid is a class film. Have you watched the sequel?

Watched Old Boy at the weekend. Man the ending messed with my head. Had to rewind to see if read the subtitles right.

I did watch like 45 mins of the Raid sequel one night and it just didn't grab me, mind you i'd been drinking and just maybe wasn't in the mood for it, seemed like the 1st one flowed nicely

I like Keanu, it's like not-acting is acting for him, seems to pick some decent scripts and by all accounts is a stand up bloke :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If you watch the Raid prepare to say things like Jesus H Christ and FFS at various stages. Some of the fight scenes are insane. Recorded it off Film 4 and the sound was slightly behind the action. Thought I'd had a stroke but still watched the film to the end.

and yes Optimus that really did happen in Old Boy

Finished the expanse, great show... Ending was a bit meh but still enjoyed it.

Walking dead back last night, banshee in march and GoT in April.

I also have the last season of Hell on Wheels to watch!

Oh, also went to deadpool last night, cannot recommend it enough, fantastic movie.

Yeah, the ending was a bit weak. It still left me (honestly) open mouthed in a bit of shock but overall the last episode didn't feel like a season finale, more a mid season break.

10 months to the next series.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If you watch the Raid prepare to say things like Jesus H Christ and FFS at various stages. Some of the fight scenes are insane. Recorded it off Film 4 and the sound was slightly behind the action. Thought I'd had a stroke but still watched the film to the end.

and yes Optimus that really did happen in Old Boy

I watched the raid in the cinema when it came out - screen was fairly packed. An awesome experience. at various ponits in the movies you have basically the entire audience going "ooooohhhhhhhhh...... uuuuuuggggghhhh....*chuckle*" as people reacted to various bad guys getting impaled on various items. It was brilliant.

Advertisement