Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer- County Council

Options
  • 24-04-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've been invited to interview for a clerical officer position in my local county council.
    I was wondering if anyone had experience with interviews for these positions and what questions I can expect? Can't find much on google.

Also, it says I am attending a short listing interview for board 4, does anyone know what this means exactly?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

It's been a long time since I interviewed with the Council but it was a very straightforward interview. Know about the particular area the council have responsibility for, the different departments they have. They won't expect you to know too much. It's very informal. Have a look at the thread for the CO's in the Civil Service the interview format is very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Sorry in advance for dragging up old thread

any tips advice regarding entry level interviews for clerical officers in county councils?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

SarahLil wrote: »

any tips advice regarding entry level interviews for clerical officers in county councils?

I have to admit not for County Councils specifically, but do you mind if I ask where you saw the job advertised? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

SarahLil wrote: »

when's your interview?

It should be a pretty basic interview....did your notifications say it was a competency based interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Sorry it is not for myself it is for my niece 21yrs of age, Fingal Co Co are advertising for clerical officer, i think the ad closes this week, I am just trying to give her some tips and get her prepared should she be called. TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Ah yes, I was actually aware of Fingal CoCo's competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

SarahLil wrote:
    Sorry it is not for myself it is for my niece 21yrs of age, Fingal Co Co are advertising for clerical officer, i think the ad closes this week, I am just trying to give her some tips and get her prepared should she be called. TIA

First up, I'd imagine, will be an aptitude test, followed by an preliminary interview...then the real deal, should one qualify ....
    Role of councillors, role of council executive, service provided, services lost \ outsourced, challenges facing county and possible solutions, income \ expenditure of council.
    Mail interview will most likely be competency based (google is your friend...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 George12345

Hi all, did anyone get a recent clerical officer role? Do they enjoy it? Does anyone know how far they got on the panel? I am currently on a panel placed in the teens, Thanks!

Advertisement