Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I'm looking for a new IT job" thread

Options
  • 04-02-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Thought this might be a good idea for a thread.

A place where people can post the type of job they are looking for as well as their experience/skills and if anyone knows of an opening in their company or another, they could refer them on.

I was a new grad last year with no experience and it was only through word of mouth that I got my job. Job sites have their place but some companies choose not to use them and prefer to recruit in other ways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Eh, why not...

I'm in Ucd at the moment doing a masters. I should be finished mid-August and have 15 months industry experience (at an actual job, not a crazy year-long internship!) with grails, deployment, sql, etc.

Recently (past six months) I've been building up my Java skills though and I'd really like to put them to some good use. I've been doing a bit of Ruby/Rails too.

I'm looking for a medium-sized company to work in at the moment, or possibly a small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

IBM are pretty much continuously hiring - http://www-05.ibm.com/employment/ie/

Advertisement