Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Update has gone live? Nice one, been looking forward to it. I remember paying money for smaller updates in halo 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Update has gone live? Nice one, been looking forward to it. I remember paying money for smaller updates in halo 4!

It's a bit quiet at the moment in terms of lads from the boardsie company playing, but I've a feeling it'll pick up when the novelty of fallout 4 etc wears off (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll have to give it a go now shortly. Not much left in Destiny anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Haven't played multiplayer yet, but based on campaign boy is this game bad. Extremely, extremely boring. Absolutely nothing original or special about it in any way and although graphics are smooth they still have a 2005 feel about them. If it wasn't for the 60fps i'd swear it was a backward compatible game.

Multiplayer will almost need to be a completely different game to keep me interested.

Starting to build up a collection now of overhyped and underwhelming games. Far cry 4, Batman arkhan knight and now halo 5.

This is drawing me back again and again lately, having great craic with what I assume are Xmas noobs.

Few quick clips here

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20Deaf%204evr/video/13530153

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Guys is the issue still affecting Virgin Media customers? I just switched over and broadband up and running since yesterday but didn't get a chance to play Halo yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm still playing but arena is the only game mode that really interests me and there's just not enough there so I play a few games and change to something else. I wish they'd release more maps and game modes

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm still playing but arena is the only game mode that really interests me and there's just not enough there so I play a few games and change to something else. I wish they'd release more maps and game modes

Add me for games, I'm popping on daily but it's tough playing lone wolf.

Will do, is your tag stone deaf?

Will do, is your tag stone deaf?

Yup, same as my username here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Sorry just not feeling this game at all even in multiplayer. Titanfall is 100x better.

Do people still play titanfall?

Do people still play titanfall?

Id say theres still a few in there playing attrition, you'd be waiting a while to get a match in a lot of modes though. It got a bit of a resurgence when it went into the vault.

As for Halo 5, the more I play, the more I'm enjoying it.

had my best ever game of team slayer last night, went 19-1.

now, the other team dropped a player just at the start, but still, I'm claiming the achievement

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20Deaf%204evr/screenshot/3786108

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just got this for Christmas. Played plenty of Warzone but could do with a few people to play with. Add me on there guys.

Dowdus Maximus is my GT. I will be on a fair bit next week as my exams are finished.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't know when they added it, but there's stat tracking and commendations for the clan/company as a whole now: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/a%20company%20of%20boardsies

Apparently I'm our most accurate player :P

Shame it isn't integrated into the game (or available at launch). Really think they missed a beat by not having the clans be more meaningful in the game itself, Destiny made the same mistake too where the clan is pretty superfluous outside of needing one or a few achievements.

Couldn't make out much on the mobile ill have a look at work.

Not playing it as much now, back playing battlefield and even bought blops 3 today. Just not enough game modes and maps. Will get back on when they add stuff if it looks any use.

The new free dlc has been released yesterday - infinitys armoury. It brings a load of new reqs, plus a really cool armour variant called 'Achilles'. Two new maps, one for war zone, an assault variation of noctus set at night time. This actually plays very well imo, I haven't enjoyed that map at all for straight war zone. The other is apparently a restyled fathom, but I didn't come across it in any of the matches I played last night.

Might have a bash tomorrow night so. The only thing I want is arena maps and gamemodes, maybe some real BTB maps as well. I don't mind the re-skins cause there's usually enough changes for it to feel like a different map. I imagine i'll enjoy this game more in about a years time when they've eventually drip fed us enough content to keep me happy

Playing blops 3 the last 2 nights, it's a crock of ****e.

Might have a bash tomorrow night so. The only thing I want is arena maps and gamemodes, maybe some real BTB maps as well. I don't mind the re-skins cause there's usually enough changes for it to feel like a different map. I imagine i'll enjoy this game more in about a years time when they've eventually drip fed us enough content to keep me happy

Playing blops 3 the last 2 nights, it's a crock of ****e.

Personally I can't get enough of this at the moment but you've a lot more time put in than me to be fair.

I read somewhere, I think it was a tweet,that they're releasing some studio designed big team battle maps in one of the future updates. I'd be happy to see that as well, there a sort of 'emptiness' about a lot of the forge made stuff .

I love arena mode to a fault. I've clocked 4.11:04:52 and that was nearly all Arena so it just got repetitive. I'm not a big fan of slayer and some times when I go to play arena I could end up playing 3 matches of slayer in a row and I end up just turning it off.

7 of us(all local mates) were online 2 weeks ago and we played custom games of capture the flag and breakout, it was brilliant, brought me back to the days of halo lan parties

• Advertisement

The February season and reset has kicked off, one thing i have to give the game credit / flack for is the ranked multiplayer, it seems to match you with opponents of a similar skill very consistently, the flip side to this is that Its hard to go running riot. got my highest placement so far with gold 5, hopefully I'll be able to battle my way up to diamond before the end of the month.

Somebody perfectly remade Valhalla in forge for halo 5, I'd be over the moon if it got added to BTB. My favourite map ever.

That just brought back a rush of memories, such an iconic map, and really well made. If it doesn't make it into the official rotation I'll be disappointed.

Halo 2 br starts in the valentines doubles weekend playlist, feels great.

Griffball making its return soon,

looks like more messy fun

Grifball is great fun, though a lot matches just end up with people going for kills. Hope Ricochet and regular Oddball wont be to far behind it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Grifball is great fun, though a lot matches just end up with people going for kills. Hope Ricochet and regular Oddball wont be to far behind it.

I was always more of an oddball fan myself. grifball is a fun distraction though.

I'd like to see them bring in more of the special weapon playists, shotty snipers etc, it feels like ages ago since the snipers weekend.

Just realised I hadn't added you back stone deaf(and a few others), no wonder I never saw you online!

Looking forward to trying the new stuff, it's a pity most of my mates have moved on at this stage, this drop feeding games malarkey is a pain.

Just realised I hadn't added you back stone deaf(and a few others), no wonder I never saw you online!

Looking forward to trying the new stuff, it's a pity most of my mates have moved on at this stage, this drop feeding games malarkey is a pain.

Yup, I was excited about the idea of free dlc but all they did for the most part was hold back stuff that was standard in previous halo games unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have been playing a bit of this recently and have to say it's a return to form after 4. They ditched almost everything that was wrong and built well on what worked. The thrusters and ledge climb add a whole new dimension to the game.

Just a couple of things.

Would love to play a halo game that didn't have some variation of a 'noob combo'. Run hit crouch hit is getting very annoying.

Is the AR generally considered overpowered? Doesn't seem to be any reason to use precision weapons other than preference.

Are Req packs the only way to unlock armour etc?

Advertisement