Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 delaido

News of contract signing gone very quiet....Me feels there's something up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

delaido wrote: »
    News of contract signing gone very quiet....Me feels there's something up!!!

They went ahead with the Enniscorthy signing when there was a possibility of a November general election.
    Now that the election won't happen until next year, they need to keep the New Ross contract signing until next spring in order to have a timely feel good factor in Brendan's constituency.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

josip wrote: »
    They went ahead with the Enniscorthy signing when there was a possibility of a November general election.
    Now that the election won't happen until next year, they need to keep the New Ross contract signing until next spring in order to have a timely feel good factor in Brendan's constituency.

But I thought Labour put the Nation before the Party?

Isn't that why it's in such trouble now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

I made an enquiry, if there are no more hitches it should be December 14th

jd wrote: »
    I made an enquiry, if there are no more hitches it should be December 14th

Now where have we heard that before? :)

• Advertisement

Now where have we heard that before? :)

Same source as this, which was correct re N11 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

No news update on the EIB website and the press seem all quiet too, I'm guessing the contract won't be signed until some stage in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The last update was yesterday when it was announced that BAM have been awarded a contract for 4km of road in the Hague .

It mentioned that the New Ross bypass has yet to be finalised :

http://www.worldhighways.com/categories/auctions-equipment-supply-servicing-finance/news/bam-wins-motorway-deals-in-the-hague-and-munich/

They even quoted jd in that article :D
    Irish media reports have said finalisation of the deal is imminent.

They even quoted jd in that article :D
    Ha Ha :).
    Howlin was down in Wexford Town where some schools PPP was being turned.

Asked and got this
    "Nearly there..I'll double check. It's actually now being given the once over for due diligence by Standard & Poors."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 delaido

Not looking like contracts will be signed now till the new year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Surprise that

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Mellifera

delaido wrote: »
    Not looking like contracts will be signed now till the new year!!

Any update on this?

Mellifera wrote: »
    Any update on this?

I made an enquiry and my source told me that it will definitely be before 8th of April.

I made an enquiry and my source told me that it will definitely be before 8th of April.

Contract signing or start of construction?

Oh right...I just clicked on your source!

Something on this in the Wexford People - not online yet

THE latest date for the signing of the contract for the New Ross bypass has been mooted for late January. Mandatory 'standstill letters' notifying the award of the PPP contract to Barn Iridium, were issued on December 18. County Manager Tom Enright said subject to the closeout of the procurement standstill period, it is anticipated that the contract will be signed in the second half of January..Cllr Martin Murphy expressed concern that six of the 91 land-owners had not settled to date.I had assumed it would be totally complete by now,' he said, Director of Services for Roads Eamonn Hore said the bypass will go ahead whether the cases are settled or not..

I've been told signing etc is Monday..

I've been told signing etc is Monday..

OK...but which Monday? :confused:

The day before the election is called ;-)

Or today?

• Advertisement

Or today?
    Looks like it happened
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208814635951623&set=a.2234414988284.136611.1485233030&type=3&theater
    Minister Brendan Howlin has this afternoon signed the contract for the New Ross bypass. The €230 million scheme will involve the construction of 13.6 Km of dual carriageway. 250-300 jobs will be created during the construction and will massively benefit investment potential throughout Co. Wexford.

http://paschaldonohoe.ie/ministers-donohoe-howlin-announce-e230m-n25-new-ross-bypass-ppp-project/

Update: Sod Turning Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭NedNew2

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Still presume it's going to be type 2 DC?

The price tag has jumped by 15 million as well....

I simply cannot understand why I was so cynical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

So, what are the next steps?
    When realistically can we see some movement on the ground?

The most time consuming part of the project will be the bridge so I guess they would have to start with it pretty quickly.

Is it design and build scheme or is the bridge already designed in detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

According to the article in todays' Times, work will begin in March.

Geogregor wrote: »
    So, what are the next steps?
    When realistically can we see some movement on the ground?

The most time consuming part of the project will be the bridge so I guess they would have to start with it pretty quickly.

Is it design and build scheme or is the bridge already designed in detail?

Go through the initial approvals processes with the client (proposed design approvals). D&B type scheme...they will have to design bridge.
    Think it'll take a couple of months before they start 'real' work. There are all types of environmental constraints on a project that will have an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Go through the initial approvals processes with the client (proposed design approvals). D&B type scheme...they will have to design bridge.
    Think it'll take a couple of months before they start 'real' work. There are all types of environmental constraints on a project that will have an impact.

So, how far is design progressed before the tender?
    We pretty much know the dimensions of the bridge and how it will look like. Is that's it?
    Does the road authority designs the bridge in the sense that it decides about, let say, the type of foundations, how many piles have to be driven, reinforcement dimensions, etc and the the winning consortium only has to design how to build this thing (temporary supports, sequence of concrete pours etc)
    Or does everything have to be designed from scratch by the consortium?
    The second option might take a while.

I guess in spring they should start building access roads to the sites of the bridge foundations. This bridge will be quite some construction site.

• Advertisement

Aye, Joe's cattle will have the best view of it.

Advertisement