Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VII: The Fan-base Awakens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Reddan has been better this year than he was last year. He is more reliant on direction from inside him than McGrath is though.

I'd like to see McGrath become first choice before the end of the year but he's not there yet I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ray D'Arcy. He was very vocal about Leinster not representing him and that Munster were far more preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Clickbait alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Haha, I doubt he could have made it more obvious if he'd pulled a Principal Skinner on it:

"Let's just call him.... Ray D... no that's too obvious... R. D'Arcy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clickbait alert.

And how.

In other news, click here to find out which Meath DJ/TV personality that BOD also refers to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ha BOD knows revenge is best served cold anyway.

D'arcy is getting a, deserved, doing over his TV show at the moment and now this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ha BOD knows revenge is best served cold anyway.

D'arcy is getting a, deserved, doing over his TV show at the moment and now this!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    In other news, click here to find out which Meath DJ/TV personality that BOD also refers to.

There's clearly a conspiracy of DJs against BOD.

• Advertisement

WHAT BRIAN O'DRISCOLL SAYS ABOUT THIS MEDIA ICON WILL SHOCK YOU,

JUST CLICK HERE, WAIT 30 SECONDS TO SKIP THE VIDEO, FILL IN THE SHORT QUESTIONNAIRE, CANCEL THE SPLASH ADVERTS, MUTE THE OTHER VIDEO AT THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, CLOSE THE 13 POPUP WINDOWS, CLICK ONTO PAGE 2, BOOBS, BOOBS, BOOBS, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

WHAT BRIAN O'DRISCOLL SAYS ABOUT THIS MEDIA ICON WILL SHOCK YOU,

JUST CLICK HERE, WAIT 30 SECONDS TO SKIP THE VIDEO, FILL IN THE SHORT QUESTIONNAIRE, CANCEL THE SPLASH ADVERTS, MUTE THE OTHER VIDEO AT THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, CLOSE THE 13 POPUP WINDOWS, CLICK ONTO PAGE 2, BOOBS, BOOBS, BOOBS, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

It was actually on Jarleth Regan's podcast to be fair, which is a fine production.

You can hear the actual source here, always worth a listen: https://soundcloud.com/an-irishman-abroad

It was actually on Jarleth Regan's podcast to be fair, which is a fine production.

You can hear the actual source here, always worth a listen: https://soundcloud.com/an-irishman-abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

I always thought this season would be a write off due to the WC and 6N's being in the one season. I'm really disappointed in the senior players and how poorly they've played since coming back. On the other hand I've been impressed with some of the younger players who've really stepped up to the plate and taken their opportunities well. Some new stars we have. Some old stars are fading.

The season so far, the leagues recent form and performances have shown a change. European campaign was nothing short of a disaster. I still don't understand how they can have the European campaign start usually one/two games after the WC and Autumn international Windows. I know it probably doesn't have a major impact on most teams but it certainly does on us.

We were doomed quite obviously in Europe after losing our first at home especially with Toulon in the group. Even if there was a chance it went after we lost away to Bath.

I don't believe we will see the heady days of 09-12 again soon. Unfortunately we are too far behind the big spenders and at this point it's a very difficult catch up game. Certainly a good start would be to find an experienced coach. Leo has been shown to be out of his depth to a point. I don't fully blame him as I think some senior players are letting themselves down in their performances and have been found wanting.

We don't need too many imports I'd first try and get Isa to stay on. Johnny could be in trouble so I think we need a fly half, and a scrum half to replace the aged Reddan and Boss.

Sadly I think your right about the heady days of 09-12. With the widening financial gap it will be very difficult for Leinster to ever reach that level of European dominance under current circumstances.

eire4 wrote: »
    Sadly I think your right about the heady days of 09-12. With the widening financial gap it will be very difficult for Leinster to ever reach that level of European dominance under current circumstances.

Aren't France bringing in a quota system next year to limit the number of foreigners per team?

If this happens then the playing field will be somewhat level once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Guessing BOD is on about D'Arcy and Hector?

Aren't France bringing in a quota system next year to limit the number of foreigners per team?

If this happens then the playing field will be somewhat level once again.

It will help to somewhat reduce the competition in the market for top quality overseas professionals. However it will also increase the amount which French clubs look to steal Irish kids as espoirs out of school (IE to make them JIFF eligible).

How much it will level the playing field is still up in the air a little.

It'll be interesting to see what we have available to us this weekend in the absence of internationals.

Are Conan and Triggs fit yet?

It'll be interesting to see what we have available to us this weekend in the absence of internationals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Triggs is back training anyway, think Conan is still a while off.

Assuming no one is released from camp:
    Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Denton
    Ryan Murphy Leavy?
    McGrath Marsh
    McFadden Te'o Ringrose Kirchner
    Nacewa

Bit raw up front alright, quality 11-15 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Denton
    Ryan Murphy Leavy?
    McGrath Marsh
    McFadden Reid Te'o Kirchner
    Nacewa

No Ringrose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

scott1974 wrote: »
    No Ringrose?

He'll be called up for Ireland, you heard it here first.

Or maybe I forgot him. Te'o at 12, Reid on the bench to cover 10-12 so.

The only reason Ringrose wouldn't play would be if he's training with Ireland, but that's unexpected I'd imagine.

Bent has gotten massive this season. When he came on at the weekend I was actually astonished at how much he has bulked up over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Denton
    Ryan Murphy Leavy?
    McGrath Marsh
    McFadden Reid Te'o Kirchner
    Nacewa

Hopefully Denton is fit, we're in big trouble if he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

Jaysus, great timing...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

F*ck, big loss.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement