Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Find Raid Sherpas in Your Area looking for Fun, Friendship and Maybe More...

• 22-01-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Sherpa = Guide who helps you with Destiny Activities that require either High Skill, Complicated Mechanics Explained or Both (usually applies to Raids and Trials of Osiris)

Anyone need a hand being Sherpa'd in Raids (or other things for that matter, heck I've Sherpa'd Salvage) you can throw a post up here? :)

Maybe include:
    PSN/Gamertag:
    Raids Already Completed (incl difficulty) - This is a good gauge of general Raid familiarity.
    Raid You need help with (Hard or Normal?):
    Have you any Experience with this Raid? (if so, Normal or Hard, what Checkpoints have you done)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Forgot to mention, for anyone who is interested, I'll probably be helping my mate through Kings Fall Normal Mode later at 9pm or 10pm Tonight. You only need to be 280+ light for it. We'll see how we get on with drops and time to see if we'll bother trying Oryx himself (which is the only part where you need to be 290 light)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Are you offering to sherpa or do you want 4 veterans to carry ye through so ?:pac:

Offering

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The last Sherpa-fest went very well actually - might be time for another :)

The last Sherpa-fest went very well actually - might be time for another :)

To give credit where it's due. Optimus and NoCal are helping 4 of the Clan newbies with VoG and CE this weekend.

I agree though, the last one was a blast but the other teams gave up the ghost pretty darn quick *shots fired*

Lot's of big talk about doing X raid in Y time but yet magically no screenshots appeared :confused: Did they Optimus and Sniper et-al? ;)

Meanwhile myself, Johnny and Dude had the whole thing f**king blitzed :pac:

Even gave Skolas a spanking

Would be happy to do another.... we'll gauge the state of play once I re-org the chats (putting that on the long finger)

Sure in the meantime, people can post here, you only need 2 or 3 newbies to do a Sherpa run anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

'ere Cormac, if you want me to Sherpa you through the Jumping puzzles some time just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

username is closer solid... Looking to beat the undying mind on hard mode... Any tips?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    username is closer solid... Looking to beat the undying mind on hard mode... Any tips?

If you are struggling in the final room, some tips:

(1) get gud! :pac:
    (2) head over to the left hand side of the arena, where there is a continiouswall alongside the path the vex mind thing trunndles along. Keep an eye on the radar and take care of ads that try to come from the front or back of the maps (they can't come from further left so you just need to keep an eye on both ends of the wall) and take your shots at the boss from here.

Obviously, if you can get a couple of other to help, and stay in this area, its that bit easier.

If you are struggling in the final room, some tips:

(1) get gud! :pac:
    (2) head over to the left hand side of the arena, where there is a continiouswall alongside the path the vex mind thing trunndles along. Keep an eye on the radar and take care of ads that try to come from the front or back of the maps (they can't come from further left so you just need to keep an eye on both ends of the wall) and take your shots at the boss from here.

Obviously, if you can get a couple of other to help, and stay in this area, its that bit easier.

Ha I'm trying, planning on getting an exotic weapon of Xur over the weekend, building up the legendary marks also.

I've tried hanging around the right side of the portal and taking them out as they spawn but it is taking ages to tell TUM. I stick around but after a couple of deaths whoever else is in the team leaves so its hard to coordinate an attack...

Are any raids organised through the PSN thread?

Ha I'm trying, planning on getting an exotic weapon of Xur over the weekend, building up the legendary marks also.

I've tried hanging around the right side of the portal and taking them out as they spawn but it is taking ages to tell TUM. I stick around but after a couple of deaths whoever else is in the team leaves so its hard to coordinate an attack...

Are any raids organised through the PSN thread?

I can help out on this if needed, and I'm online.

On the Raid front, you'll generally see a a few messages asking for people interested in a raid. Sometimes its a full team needed, sometimes its just another couple of players needed to fill out the team.

• Advertisement

I can help out on this if needed, and I'm online.

On the Raid front, you'll generally see a a few messages asking for people interested in a raid. Sometimes its a full team needed, sometimes its just another couple of players needed to fill out the team.

Thanks whats your ID and I'll keep an eye out for you on there. Should be on tomorrow night at some point I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sent you a friend request. I'll be online for another hour if you want to get it done.

Sent you a friend request. I'll be online for another hour if you want to get it done.

In work at the moment, will respond once I'm home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I've never done a raid, would appreciate some guidance + a group to play with! I don't really know or care which raid, although I suppose I should start with VoG or CE?

I'm hovering about 290 light, have voidwalker and stormcaller fully levelled.

(On PS4.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I've never done a raid, would appreciate some guidance + a group to play with! I don't really know or care which raid, although I suppose I should start with VoG or CE?

I'm hovering about 290 light, have voidwalker and stormcaller fully levelled.

(On PS4.)

If you've never done a raid, then I would highly suggest running VoG and CE first, for a couple of reasons:
    1. Running these 2 first will give you an idea of how raids work, and the teamwork and communication required, as KF is VERY reliant on communication and team work
    2. VoG is a masterpiece in Raid design. It is probably still the best raid in the game. Before TTK launched, it provided the two best primaries in the game: Vission of Confluence and Fatebringer
    3. CE is probably the least favourite raid in the game, though personally I really enjoy it. It suits the hive perfectly. The first part is manic, requiring all teammates to stay close enough together to get revives, in NM at least (All this was when you where at the highest level available at the time)
    4. KF is extremely reliant on good communication. It is a great experience, and with the challenge modes, while they negate the need to complete the raid somewhat, are a great way of leveling up

At 290 light, your more than ready for NM, and could probably get as far as Warpriest/Golgoroth.

Must be your turn to sherpa this weekend Knave.

Must be your turn to sherpa this weekend Knave.

Oh god no. I suck at giving clear, concise and precise info. It's why I never made it as a primary school teacher. Kids be going home talking about the thingy and the whatsit not working with the yoke, and yer man over there has the doohickey to make all the stuff work.

:D:D

I'm up for running through them again over the weekend. Would be my usual time though. No early afternoon/evening playtime for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Oh god no. I suck at giving clear, concise and precise info. It's why I never made it as a primary school teacher. Kids be going home talking about the thingy and the whatsit not working with the yoke, and yer man over there has the doohickey to make all the stuff work.

:D:D

I'm up for running through them again over the weekend. Would be my usual time though. No early afternoon/evening playtime for me. :(

Lads, if you want to stick me in the noob group I can give a hand. I'm currently levelling my Titan too. I can also give a dig out if there are any raids going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Lads, if you want to stick me in the noob group I can give a hand. I'm currently levelling my Titan too. I can also give a dig out if there are any raids going on.

My poor neglected hunter could do with a few (any) NM clears, and I'd be happy to bolster NM run numbers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I need a few normal runs on my hunter and also my warlock when i get it high enough

• Advertisement

Well mickstupp would like to run through normal KF sometime at the weekend if you 4 are around. Late Saturday perhaps.

I'm up for that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If im not online my little lad will be and he can play no probs at all, would be better than me in anyway :D

Yeah I'm up for some runs through all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Still looking for a group/someone to help me do VoG or CE for the first time. Free all this evening, just throwing that out there...

Your best bet would be the weekend, probably from tomorrow on, if there's numbers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm on for a VOG and CE run tomorrow any time after 7pm. If we can get a relic and sword guy then the rest should be straight forward.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm on for a VOG and CE run tomorrow any time after 7pm. If we can get a relic and sword guy then the rest should be straight forward.

Sorry, I'll be playing X-Com 2 :P

dudeeile wrote: »

I'll run relic. Anyway we don't wipe and snipe at oracles anymore. It's time you learned how to sword.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'll run relic. Anyway we don't wipe and snipe at oracles anymore. It's time you learned how to sword.

That's the spirit, go Clan 3! I'm anti sword since Halo 2, it's a shooting game goddamnit.

Advertisement