Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How long is it? Is it Sherlock length miniseries or Luther? So sn hour or 90 mins per episode?

3 * 60 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just about to start into Angie Tribeca.

I found the first one amusing rather than laugh-out-loud funny. Shame.

Let me know if it gets better!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it's not quite Police Squad, but it'll do. I'm about to start episode 4. Easy watch and found 2 and 3 better than 1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finally getting back to The Leftover s1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Finally getting back to The Leftover s1.

I only watched the pilot so far and there was nothing in which caught my interest. Does it take time to get going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So yeah. I've just finished The Sopranos.

What the hell am I meant to do for the rest of my life now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

So yeah. I've just finished The Sopranos.

What the hell am I meant to do for the rest of my life now?

Watch Deadwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Watch Deadwood?

I actually got the box set at Christmas. I might give myself a week or 2 to readjust again now that I've finally completed the holy trinity of Breaking Bad, The Wire and The Sopranos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I only watched the pilot so far and there was nothing in which caught my interest. Does it take time to get going?

Have watched 3 episodes of The Leftovers. I wasn't sure what to make of the third one, not to say it was bad, more 'oh'...I'll try a few more.

Deadwood's better than The Wire, imo. ;)

Nuts or fruit are my TV snack. What about the rest of ye?

Was wondering, are there any series these days that have a following like Lost who analyse every little detail?

• Advertisement

The Making a Murderer a thread seems that way, though I've not really read it in detail as I've only seen one episode. Are you thinking of fictional shows?

Yeah, fictional shows. Haven't watched Making of a Murderer but I know enough that loads of people now believe themselves lawyers/detectives/whatever

Hmmm. I wonder if that's down to its tone.

There's a really strong (imo) underlying breathless chant of "he's innocent" that I think might be diminishing its quality a little. I have only seen 4 episodes. I don't know the outcome. Just something that has struck me and made me pause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭dball

does anyone know what station is showing lovehate series 1 - Id like to watch this from the start but never got around to it?
    it was mentioned here on the forums but I cant seem to search on boards today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

dball wrote: »
    does anyone know what station is showing lovehate series 1 - Id like to watch this from the start but never got around to it?
    it was mentioned here on the forums but I cant seem to search on boards today.

Spike shows it late on Wednesday night but they have already shown the first 3 episodes of series one.

Do you guys think some of the US networks will eventually ditch the traditional pilot season model?

I always wonder why they don't release the pilots that aren't picked up on iTunes or somewhere like they did with Aquaman. Might make some of the money back. Also means we get to see proper copies instead of poor quality leaks. Or we get to see ones we want to see, like Locke and Key.
    Though I suppose then it means we would want more.

I always wonder why they don't release the pilots that aren't picked up on iTunes or somewhere like they did with Aquaman. Might make some of the money back. Also means we get to see proper copies instead of poor quality leaks. Or we get to see ones we want to see, like Locke and Key.
    Though I suppose then it means we would want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm working my way through Suits at the moment. I dropped it some time around season 3 for some reason, but got the urge to pick it up again.

I'm on season 4 now, and I'm finding it very dry - a show to have on in the background while I'm doing something else. I'm finding it hard to root for any particular characters apart from Louis and Donna - they are the only ones who have a personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I gave up around the same stage I think - or at least only dropped in sporadically from around then.
    Couldn't stand Rachael, everyone falling out and strained relationships between Mike, Harvey, Jessica and whoever else all led to me not caring about what happened. Like you Louis and Donna were the only ones who interested me.

• Advertisement

Season four was very poor. Five is quite an improvement, stuff is finally happening now that instead of the interminable circular plot of the previous seasons.

I'm very nearly at the end of my catch up list. Only 9 episodes of the leftovers ( which I'm finding rather dull) and a season of rock and Morty left before I have to go hunting for new stuff.

I've never seen a January before with so little on TV.

I like Baskets so far though.

Another season(and probably series) finale completed now with the brilliant Galavant just watched.

I've watched 5 of The Leftovers s1. I'm enjoying it enough. Will get to Fargo s2 when it lands on Netflix.

What legal streaming services are available here?

Netflix
    Sky - boxsets, etc
    UPC/Virgin - haven't researched it
    iTunes - haven't checked this much

Can you access Virgin without being a traditional customer, without having something hardwired into your house?

I always wonder do characters in shows like Supernatural realise "Crap, it's May. that means something is probably going to happen this month that affects us for 3 months"
    Then in September/October realise "Oh the big bad has revealed themselves. Sure we won't rush to fight them yet since we'll probably only get a proper shot at them around May"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I've watched 5 of The Leftovers s1. I'm enjoying it enough. Will get to Fargo s2 when it lands on Netflix.

What legal streaming services are available here?

Netflix
    Sky - boxsets, etc
    UPC/Virgin - haven't researched it
    iTunes - haven't checked this much

Can you access Virgin without being a traditional customer, without having something hardwired into your house?
    am halfway through Fargo s2 at the moment, loving it. Jaysus Landry out of Friday Night Lights (also of Breaking Bad) has put on a bit of weight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

So here I am due to work staying in a bnb with very limited tv channels. Great, RTE scheduled to show Oscar worthy film The Help. Tuning into that. 9.35pm the announcer informs me that coming on waa an election special. And then romantic farce The Leap Year. Like how is that a sub? GRRRRRRRR.

Lads, lads, lads. Thanks ever so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just for the craic I tweeted LeVar Burton with a pitch for a TV Show... I put very little thought in to it as I only had 140 characters to play with, but he said he liked it, so happy days...

https://twitter.com/CianTaaffe/status/696502535759249408

https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/696503748714057733

Anyway, for sh**s and giggles, if you could pitch a TV Show idea, what would it be and more importantly, what's it gonna be called... The catchier the better...

Just for the craic I tweeted LeVar Burton with a pitch for a TV Show... I put very little thought in to it as I only had 140 characters to play with, but he said he liked it, so happy days...

https://twitter.com/CianTaaffe/status/696502535759249408

https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/696503748714057733

Anyway, for sh**s and giggles, if you could pitch a TV Show idea, what would it be and more importantly, what's it gonna be called... The catchier the better...

Is Levar familiar with Jim'll Fix It?

It took me 7 episodes to notice The Leftovers is based on a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Anyone watch 'Simon's choice' on BBC2 tonight?

Great programme, goddamn heartbreaking though.

Advertisement