Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Matt Mitrione turned up to a press event with Air Jordan's on.

The UFC made him take them off and do the presser in his bare feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's just getting sillier by the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow...just f*cking wow....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Matt Mitrione turned up to a press event with Air Jordan's on.

The UFC made him take them off and do the presser in his bare feet.

Draconian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I wonder what'd happen if a fighter got a huge NIKE tattoo on his back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I wonder what'd happen if a fighter got a huge NIKE tattoo on his back

They would wake up every day feeling regret? :D

Didn't someone, maybe pre reebok, shave a disallowed sponsor into his chest hair or something?I think UFC came out and forbid it and I'm sure have wrote it into fighter contracts since

Brian Ebersole shaved tapout into his chest hair but thats not what I was thinking of
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/brian-ebersole-uses-shaves-sponsor-name-into-chest-at-ufc-140?urn=mma,wp10610

Sam ALvy is the 1 I had in my head, a spray tan sponsor on his chest LOL
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/sam-alvey-violated-ufc-policy-with-spray-tan-body-logo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

CM Punk has a Pepsi tattoo that won't be in the UFC game.

I wonder if you got your sponsors tattooed on yourself in henna but said it was a real tattoo would they let you fight with it or would they try and cover it up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lukker- wrote: »
    CM Punk has a Pepsi tattoo that won't be in the UFC game.

I wonder if you got your sponsors tattooed on yourself in henna but said it was a real tattoo would they let you fight with it or would they try and cover it up.
    Yeah I wonder will they make punk fight with a plaster on his shoulder? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I can imagine the UFC is going to have to have a dress code for interviews from now on

giphy.gif

I can imagine the UFC is going to have to have a dress code for interviews from now on

giphy.gif

That reebok top is 20 years old and looks better than the shjte they produce today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I can imagine the UFC is going to have to have a dress code for interviews from now on[/IMG]

Incredible. That made my day. You just won the internets.

I wonder does Dana realise that he's reeboks bitch?

It is hilarious thinking back to pre reebok and fighters used to freak out if they didn't have their t-shirt and cap on for their sponsors, kept Rogan waiting for the interview. Now when they're cornerman goes up with a t-shirt they're like "Get that the f*** away from me!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Devastator wrote: »
    It is hilarious thinking back to pre reebok and fighters used to freak out if they didn't have their t-shirt and cap on for their sponsors, kept Rogan waiting for the interview. Now when they're cornerman goes up with a t-shirt they're like "Get that the f*** away from me!" :D

They should all start throwing the reebok t-shirts into the crowd. They can always just say their trying to make a fans night. One thing i don't miss about the previous arrangement is fighters trying to shoehorn energy drinks and headphones along with the hats and shirts at the post fight interviews, it looked ridiculous. If that continued it would have got gradually worse, probably would have seen fighters bring in branded dumbbells and tvs or some sh1t.

And no i don't agree with the Reebok deal whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Diego Brandao tested positive for weed at 195 during competition (12 hours before the fight). What was he thinking??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Diego Brandao tested positive for weed at 195 during competition (12 hours before the fight). What was he thinking??

i need a good nights sleep maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I heard it was his post fight test. He could have smoked it weeks before. And if his pre fight test was under the limit then it points to the same massive flaw that Diaz suffered.

UFC statement
    The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) informed Diego Brandao of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation involving Carboxy-Tetrahydrocannabinol (“Carboxy-THC”) which is a metabolite of marijuana and/or hashish, above the decision limit of 180 ng/mL, stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his fight on January 2, 2016 in Las Vegas.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Brandao, as it relates to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and future UFC participation. Because the Nevada State Athletic Commission was the regulatory body overseeing the fight in Las Vegas and has state licensing and jurisdiction over Brandao, USADA will work to ensure that the Commission has the necessary information to determine its proper judgment of Brandao’s potential anti-doping violation. Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Tom Egan cornering Mehdi Baghdad in Boston apparently, pretty cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bisping expecting title shot with win against Silva...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

dave1982 wrote: »

Rockhold took him apart when they fought,I think he just wants to end his career knowing he fought for a title,silva is going to starch him anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dave1982 wrote: »

I don't think it's outrageous.

If he beats Silva he'd be on a 3 fight win streak which includes 2 wins against opponents in the top 10 (I know Silva isn't ranked due to being popped, but I don't think anyone would argue with calling him a top 10 fighter in that division) and have won 4 of his last 5 with the 1 defeat coming to Rockhold.

There's no real buzz for a Weidman rematch (and rightly so), Romero has just been popped, Jacare has just lost to Romero, Machida could do with taking a lot of time off, Kennedy is inactive, then it's Bisping.

I think Belfort gets the next shot due to Rockhold really wanting to avenge that loss, but a Bisping win over Silva should definitely have him in contention with the way that division is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Colby Covington missed his first usada test for being unavailable at 6am apparently, hopefully he misses another two and gets banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TUF Finale announced for July 8, Team JJ vs. Team Gadelha, they'll fight for the title that night also, the day before UFC 200. I reckon we could see 4 title fights that weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

martyos121 wrote: »
    TUF Finale announced for July 8, Team JJ vs. Team Gadelha, they'll fight for the title that night also, the day before UFC 200. I reckon we could see 4 title fights that weekend.

Faber v winner of this,Conor Frankie,Joanna Champion and mighty mouse is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »
    Faber v winner of this,Conor Frankie,Joanna Champion and mighty mouse is my guess.

First two look like good shouts and the third is confirmed, but Mighty Mouse will get lost in the shuffle that weekend. I'd be looking at either Lawler vs. Condit rematch or Rockhold vs. Belfort. The strawweight title fight isn't a huge deal to the casual viewer so they will want the other title fights to be a good draw.

We'll probably just end up with 3 though and it will probably be the first 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

*cough* Jon Jones *cough*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement