Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Odd things found in the Game, Bugs Glitches etc.

Options
  • 14-01-2016 2:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So far I found a 310 blue engram, must upload the pic here I popped it into the PS4 chat a couple of weeks ago.

I had a green engram drop for me in Sparrow racing too :D

Oh also getting out of the map in the hanger :P

Anyone have any other odd ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The 310 blue engrams were rewards from Iron Banner, to help build up peoples light level without having to do the raid.

I'm not sure why they made them blue, should have just given out 310 legendary...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The 310 blue engrams were rewards from Iron Banner, to help build up peoples light level without having to do the raid.

I'm not sure why they made them blue, should have just given out 310 legendary...

I didnt get it from Iron Banner I dont think, i must check and see tho.

I got the following from Iron Banner:
    310 Warlock bond Skorri's Dirge.
    310 Hunter cape Ahamkara Scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Here's the mother of all glitches-

Oryx hard, fireteam of Manadinhead, Swampdonkey5, Aces & 8 8, TheeGonz, HatchetIRL & myself. Following the challenge protocol. Detonate 16 bombs, doesn't drop health.

Back to orbit, go back in with a different fireteam leader, detonate 16 bombs, doesn't drop health and transitions to mortar phase.

Back to orbit again, this time we tried detonating the first bomb, takes health off oryx as per usual. We decide to wipe, and go down the challenge route again. Same applies- 16 bombs, no drop in health and again, mortar phase.

At this stage we decided to run it again, but go for an extra shade, detonating 20 bombs. This takes the barest sliver of health, but transitions to mortar phase again.

4 times we tried the challenge mode way of killing him, 4 times it failed. Deflated is an understatement.

EDIT- I should add that we have been killing Oryx the challenge way since the challenge came out with no problems. I should also add that a few of the lads had a run before that with some LFG players, doing the challenge mode, with no problems.

We've been killing Oryx by detonating 2 bombs, than another 2 bombs. Much safer than the challenge mode - for all the reasons you've described.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sounds to me like your Relic Runner wasn't DPS'ing Oryx to keep his stomach open. Well thats what it sounds like

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I got a double exotic drop and 12 strange coins from a nightfall on friday night :D a 310 plan C and a 310 truth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sounds to me like your Relic Runner wasn't DPS'ing Oryx to keep his stomach open. Well thats what it sounds like

Did I read somewhere before that a message comes up when that happens ? something like "cancelling detonation"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Relic Runner is a top drawer player. I have no doubt that he did his job perfectly.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Relic Runner is a top drawer player. I have no doubt that he did his job perfectly.

I think the game has been very glitchy since the challenge mode has appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

syboit wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere before that a message comes up when that happens ? something like "cancelling detonation"

"Oryx regains the favour of the Darkness" I think
    ibFoxer wrote: »

Well, if no one was DPS'ing Oryx, thats what happens.
    In my groups we've dedicated the Relic Runner to do it, but i've been in groups before also where everyone assumes everyone else is DPS'ing him and in reality no-one is.
    Could have been a glitch as you say, but also could have been people just not realising to DPS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

"Oryx regains the favour of the Darkness" I think

Think I got that message wrong, it was the "channeling corrupted light" I was mixing up.

This youtube video isint us, but same result we had last night where he took no damage :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxYD8EPRvYM

Advertisement