Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT refund issue

Options
  • 08-01-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Went to Canada in 2013, and paid for USIT to assist me with the process of obtaining a Visa. The price for said assistance was 300e which included absolutely nothing worthwhile as it turns out. I paid the money and asked to find the cheapest flights. Time and time again they sent me prices of flights that were absolutely ludicrous (above 1000e), when on Skyscanner myself I had found ones for 550e. After several emails(of which I still have), even booking on the same flight at the same time as the one I had linked them, they said I would have to pay 771e. My first thought was CHANCERS. Thinking i'd be that dumb founded to pay an extra 221e just for the sake of it. Next...I inquired about the "100e deposit on flights" included in the 300e I had paid, but they then told me I can only get this deposit if I book their 364euro insurance.

After seeing that email I was completely done with the company. They gave me absolutely zero help, and I requested a full refund ( after about 3 weeks) and they declined. I emailed over and over asking for this refund and eventually they gave me back the '100e deposit on flights' to shut me up... and it worked. Looking back at the emails now I was young and foolish to accept such a low ball offer of 100e, essentially paying 200e for her to tell me I cant get the cheaper flights I wanted.

My question is: What are my hopes of getting this refund, and how should I go about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Accident wrote: »
    Went to Canada in 2013, and paid for USIT to assist me with the process of obtaining a Visa. The price for said assistance was 300e which included absolutely nothing worthwhile as it turns out. I paid the money and asked to find the cheapest flights. Time and time again they sent me prices of flights that were absolutely ludicrous (above 1000e), when on Skyscanner myself I had found ones for 550e. After several emails(of which I still have), even booking on the same flight at the same time as the one I had linked them, they said I would have to pay 771e. My first thought was CHANCERS. Thinking i'd be that dumb founded to pay an extra 221e just for the sake of it. Next...I inquired about the "100e deposit on flights" included in the 300e I had paid, but they then told me I can only get this deposit if I book their 364euro insurance.

After seeing that email I was completely done with the company. They gave me absolutely zero help, and I requested a full refund ( after about 3 weeks) and they declined. I emailed over and over asking for this refund and eventually they gave me back the '100e deposit on flights' to shut me up... and it worked. Looking back at the emails now I was young and foolish to accept such a low ball offer of 100e, essentially paying 200e for her to tell me I cant get the cheaper flights I wanted.

My question is: What are my hopes of getting this refund, and how should I go about it?

Nearly 3 years later and having already accepted their €100 refund offer? Zero chance. Caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Accident

Guess i expected that really! Thanks anyways.

Advertisement