Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February Intake

Options
  • 07-01-2016 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

After the Christmas break the long awaited and overdue calls have started going out for the February intake. Good luck to everyone who hasn't gotten one yet and a massive well done to everyone who has done so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I'm in, haha so happy unbelievable completely drained now

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Well done buddy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Well done all who got the call, doubt I'll be joining you as vetting still ongoing but many congratulations. You all deserve it after waiting this long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Congrats everyone! The hard work starts now!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Well done to those who have finally got over the line. To the rest of us; the line is in sight so keep the faith. My vetting is still ongoing so out of my hands now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Well done to those who have finally got over the line. To the rest of us; the line is in sight so keep the faith. My vetting is still ongoing so out of my hands now.

My vetting is cleated! Fingers crossed for calls going out tomorrow! And congrats to those already in the February squad!

I would imagine guys, tomorrow more calls will follow. Finding this all very surreal. But beyond elated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Just me and HighburyLad that's got the call so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

WannabePC wrote: »
    Just me and HighburyLad that's got the call so far?

Meeeeee

Jordan1010 wrote: »
    Meeeeee

Congratulations! :)

• Advertisement

Jordan1010 wrote: »
    Meeeeee

Well done Jordan, awesome I'm assuming more calls will head out tomorrow seems like 3 of us on here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Congrats people, Highbury, you so deserve this, well done =D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Well done to everyone who got the call today!! Hopefully see a few more boardies posting about calls tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I properly squeeled when I seen this!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so so chuffed pleased for you :D I'll send you a wee pm

Congrats to anyone else so got the call and those waiting, settle, it will come and try not to kill the poor PPI dudes tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

HighburyLad...delighted for you mate!! You really deserve it!!

I'll see you in GV soon mate

Congrats again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Well done to everyone else too btw

Big congrats to youse all!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's about bloody time!

Well done mate. Looking forward to seeing you jogging around the drill square real soon! :)

Haha awesome, many thanks guys. Pretty much exactly what the fam said Shield, was the same as you said "about bloody time" haha, perseverance does pay off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I love these threads for two reasons.

Firstly it's great to see good folk get the call they've been waiting for for so long and worked so hard to get.
    And secondly takes out some serious competition out of C3 :D

Best of luck folks!

Homer01 wrote: »
    I love these threads for two reasons.

Firstly it's great to see good folk get the call they've been waiting for for so long and worked so hard to get.
    And secondly takes out some serious competition out of C3 :D

Best of luck folks!

Haha, I said the exact same thing to myself Homer, when campaign 1 folks were getting calls when they were waiting for their AC for campaign 2 lol. My ac for campaign 3 was for Feb too, obviously i'll be politely saying I think I'm going to have to miss that lol. Is yours soon mate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Just seen this, well done HighburyLad.

Did nobody get a call today then? Very quiet....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Haha, I said the exact same thing to myself Homer, when campaign 1 folks were getting calls when they were waiting for their AC for campaign 2 lol. My ac for campaign 3 was for Feb too, obviously i'll be politely saying I think I'm going to have to miss that lol. Is yours soon mate?

I'm up in few weeks. Looking forward to it; planning to get stuck right in. Passing isn't good enough, really need to get as high possible.
    Hopefully I'll get there :)

Anybody else get their packs today? Mine came there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Well done to everyone who got the calls etc. Im going into my 6th week now and its flown in! Just keep your head down when your in here, suck it up, give no lip, give everything 110% and youll be grand. Dont let your standards slip ie hair- ladies make sure to keep it tied up, males make sure to get a haircut every two weeks etc, beards, shaving every morning and before show parades etc and use your time wisely. When you get an hour for lunch try and get in early and get to the computer lab to print stuff off, go up and hoover your room(there are only two hoovers per floor...), do some ironing etc. You will be tired and feeling stressed but don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

Well done to everyone who got the calls etc. Im going into my 6th week now and its flown in! Just keep your head down when your in here, suck it up, give no lip, give everything 110% and youll be grand. Dont let your standards slip ie hair- ladies make sure to keep it tied up, males make sure to get a haircut every two weeks etc, beards, shaving every morning and before show parades etc and use your time wisely. When you get an hour for lunch try and get in early and get to the computer lab to print stuff off, go up and hoover your room(there are only two hoovers per floor...), do some ironing etc. You will be tired and feeling stressed but don't give up.

You've exams coming up, best go get some definitions learnt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

not allowed a trimmed beard in garneville then?? :0

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

not allowed a trimmed beard in garneville then?? :0

Beards are fine if they are kept tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Beards are fine if they are kept tidy

Yess!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

Hey guys I assume the dress code for the induction weekend Is smart?

Advertisement