Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass sexual assaults covered up for 4 days by German media - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Stheno wrote: »
    No there is no excuse, but my point here is that these people have been allowed to settle in Germany, in sub standard accomodation, with what seems to be little assimilation.

THen they behave as they did at home, and it's contrary to Western behaviour, and we wonder why it happens. They are simply behaving as their culture permits.

You've nailed the argument in your last sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭circadian

donvito99 wrote: »
    Is it just me or weren't the Germans up the ole mass sexual crimes not 70 years ago?

Among others.

9 minutes, incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I never meant it as an excuse for the behaviour, rather that these people had an expectation of a certain standard of living and now find themselves in dormitories with hundreds of others.

There have been numerous reports of problems in those camps for want of a better word, and now it seems it's spilling over.

Germany have managed this badly.

Why? who gave them that idea. Did they think they were going to come to Europe and get nice houses, jobs etc etc. They were fools if they thought that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Whatever the number is, do you not find it slightly shocking and unprecedented that such a large group would gather for the express purpose of commiting crimes? This has been confirmed by the police. Perhaps you think that the women are making it up?

Here is a (bad) translation from a German article with accounts from a couple of the alleged victims.

This behaviour is hardly uncommon in large cities- groping - while wrong happens everywhere and is often defended here on AH

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

I never meant it as an excuse for the behaviour, rather that these people had an expectation of a certain standard of living and now find themselves in dormitories with hundreds of others.

There have been numerous reports of problems in those camps for want of a better word, and now it seems it's spilling over.

If I was in the dreadful position they were in, I'd be happy enough that myself and none of my children were washing up dead on the shores of Greece. But maybe I have low expectations...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,738 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I can't say I'm surprised unfortunately.. this is what happens when you open the borders to hundreds of thousands of people who subscribe to a belief system that paints its enemies/unbelievers as little more than possessions to be taken and treated however you (the faithful) wish - up to and including rape and slavery.

What's even more worrying though is that despite the ever-mounting evidence of the problems this open-door policy has created, you STILL have Western liberals trying to justify, excuse and deflect from it - even on this very thread! Taking an ostrich mentality is not the solution either folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

mansize wrote: »
    This behaviour is hardly uncommon in large cities- groping - while wrong happens everywhere and is often defended here on AH

Eh? 1000 men often gather in most cities and have a mass-grope?? Which cities?:confused: News to me, but then I'm quite thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Yes, they shouldn't have accepted thousands and thousands of migrants.

Nobody seemed to think of where they were going to house these people, the cost of feeding them, clothing them and giving medical treatment. Then you have the social cost.

The borders should have been closed and individual countries deciding themselves on the amounts they would allow enter, or none if they so wished. The EU and UN demanding quotas can feck off with themselves.

Eh? 1000 men often gather in most cities and have a mass-grope?? Which cities?:confused: News to me, but then I'm quite thick.

The two groping reports quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Are you a soldier or a journalist??? Why are you in such war torn counties?

I worked with American broadcaster for 18 months back in 2006-7.mentioned this before in other posts. 2-3 posters can back it up, but that's another matter.

I'm not saying I know more then anyone, I just know that what Europe is doing is a good thing, just not the right way.

I have the deepest sympathy for refugees, but I know for pretty much fact that they're High enough minority that are there for more dangerous reasons

Go to Malmo in Sweden or Brussels walk around some of those streets and then people will know why some are concerned.

I just don't want to see women get raped, I don't Want see children get raped. I don't want Gays getting hanged, I don't want people to murder or blow themselves up over religion(we don't want The North on bigger scale), I don't want division and hate in people.

But we are making a right **** up of this crisis and if it's not sorted we be living in extremely dangerous society within 10-15 years in Western World, make no bones about it.

It's bed time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Then you will have no bother linking to it happening in one area with 500 odd people involved in doing it at the time.

Newcastle on a Saturday night.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Perhaps groping is common in large cities (although I can't recall seeing it being defended on here?) A group of 1,000 men gathering and groping/assaulting/robbing people is far from common, and you know it. In fact, it's unheard of.

Perhaps groping is common in large cities (although I can't recall seeing it being defended on here?) A group of 1,000 men gathering and groping/assaulting/robbing people is far from common, and you know it.

I smell an NGO.....

Then you will have no bother linking to it happening in one area with 500 odd people involved in doing it at the time.

Two reports of groping- not 500, unless I misread the quote - two were in that piece

Two reports of groping- not 500, unless I misread the quote - two were in that piece

What is your definition of common then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

If I was in the dreadful position they were in, I'd be happy enough that myself and none of my children were washing up dead on the shores of Greece. But maybe I have low expectations...

Or they could have stayed in Turkey or Lebanon where they were already safe from the war in Syria. They took a risk with their lives and the lives of their children for the prospect of a more lucrative life in Europe.

Two victims were quoted in the article. However, There were more than 2 reports of groping as confirmed by the police chief (a large number according to him) It's really not that hard to understand.

And if you think that the incidents as quoted in that article are common in large cities, you're wrong.

From the local.de

"Around 60 complaints have been made to the police in Cologne after a group of around 1,000 men attacked revellers in the city centre in a brutal and “completely unheard of” way, Wolfgang Albers, Chief of Police in the Rhineland city said at a press conference on Monday afternoon."

Around a third of the complaints were of sexual assault, regional paper Express reported.

“There was a very large number of sexual assaults there - and in a massive way. Women were grabbed and attacked,” said Albers, adding that in one case the alleged crime fitted the legal definition of rape.

“The crimes were committed by a group of people who from appearance were largely from the north African or Arab world,” the police chief added.

A group of around 500 men between the ages of 15 and 35 assembled at the central train station and in the area of the cathedral before throwing firecrackers into the masses of people celebrating the arrival of the new year.

This appears to have been a means of causing distraction, as during the disturbance groups of young men entered the crowd where they sexually assaulted women and pick-pocketed revellers."

This is from the Chief of Police in Cologne.

Memo for Mansize.

Two victims were quoted in the article. However, There were more than 2 reports of groping as confirmed by the police chief. It's really not that hard to understand.

No, but 20 isn't uncommon either. It's not right, but people need to wind their necks in.

• Advertisement

No, but 20 isn't uncommon either. It's not right, but people need to wind their necks in.

Link please..... Why have I never witnessed this groping epidemic or had female friends or relatives talk to me about it.

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Memo for Mansize.

I read that- 1 sexual assault in a city on NYE and numerous gropings. Not right but not uncommon

Link please.....

Freak midges quote 1/3 of 60

In a group it is. I think if we're gonna ask people to wind their necks in it'll be the thousand or so who gathered before throwing fireworks, pickpocketing and groping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

20 sexual assaults at the one time and place is not uncommon? where?

In a group it is. I think if we're gonna ask people to wind their necks in it'll be the thousand or so who gathered before throwing fireworks, pickpocketing and groping.

Well all those facts need to be verified.

Where is the link of 500 groping???

I read that- 1 sexual assault in a city on NYE and numerous gropings. Not right but not uncommon

Link to this data....

It's very uncommon that they are perpetrated by the same large group of individuals who gathered for the express purpose of commiting crimes isn't it?

• Advertisement

Where is the link of 500 groping???

You are the one saying it's not uncommon ????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement