Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddschecker 2016 Accum

• 04-01-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭

As it says in the thread title. Oddschecker have put up a 6-fold accumulator of selections across various events. I've decided to have a crack at it for entertainment and the dream factor. Going to use the same format for this as Chompdown does for his entertaining season-long bets.

Prices quoted are available with Paddy Power who are top price on all selections. Have done 15 fourfolds, six five-folds and an accum for a €1 stake each totalling €22. Didn't bother doing any less than four-folds as one treble consisting of shortest prices would still leave a loss. Prices in bold indicate favouritism in the market. As I've used PP for the bet will be using their odds for comparison as the bet progresses.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5
    Novak Djokovic (Australian Open) @ 4/5
    New England Patriots (Super Bowl 50) @ 9/2
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1
    Jason Day (US Masters) @ 8/1
    Germany (Euro 2016) @ 10/3

Accumulator Odds: >6,794/1
    Potential returns: €25,277.65

Will update every Monday evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Collie D wrote: »
    As it says in the thread title. Oddschecker have put up a 6-fold accumulator of selections across various events. I've decided to have a crack at it for entertainment and the dream factor. Going to use the same format for this as Chompdown does for his entertaining season-long bets.

Prices quoted are available with Paddy Power who are top price on all selections. Have done 15 fourfolds, six five-folds and an accum for a €1 stake each totalling €22. Didn't bother doing any less than four-folds as one treble consisting of shortest prices would still leave a loss. Prices in bold indicate favouritism in the market. As I've used PP for the bet will be using their odds for comparison as the bet progresses.

Won't make it past January. The Pats are done. Most of their starters are injured, they're 2-4 in their last 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know very little about NFL but will give me an interest for their playoff next weekend anyway. I see they're drifters all across the board on Oddschecker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Have you a link to the selections? Can't see anything on the app

markc91 wrote: »
    Have you a link to the selections? Can't see anything on the app

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/tips/football/20151216-2016-new-year-accumulator

On phone so this is the mobile link but should work on desktop if you replace the first m with www I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know very little about NFL but will give me an interest for their playoff next weekend anyway. I see they're drifters all across the board on Oddschecker though.

They've a bye next weekend, two weeks to get fit and they have Bill and Tom. Anything is possible with the Pats. I love the look of most of your selections though, I'm going to toss in the Seahawks instead of the Pats for interest and follow along. Good luck with this man!

• Advertisement

Changed them up a bit myself and added Ronnie in for bants :pac:

markc91 wrote: »
    Changed them up a bit myself and added Ronnie in for bants :pac:

So basically we've gone head-to head in a few...looking forward to the competition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Is the cash out available on either of those?

So basically we've gone head-to head in a few...looking forward to the competition :)

Hopefully one of us gets a few up best of luck!

L'prof wrote: »
    Is the cash out available on either of those?

Just checked and no cashout available on mine. If I ever got to the position where I was waiting for Germany to win the final I'm sure I would lay them at odds on. Long way off for that talk though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Fair play Collie! I saw that accy on the odds checker homepage too but thought it was too much of a long shot for me!

If you win, it will be the ultimate bet on here :)

Good luck!

Nothing much to report really as none of the selections have been in action over the past week. Shortening of odds on the Pats and Djokovic so already going the right way with a significant drop of over a thousand points for the accum. Can only guess the Pats odds have shortened due to smaller field even though as far as I'm aware all wildcard weekend winners were favourites. Djokovic destroyed Nadal in ATP Doha Final on Saturday in less than an hour explaining his drop.

Novak Djokovic (Australian Open) @ 4/5 -> 4/6
    New England Patriots (Super Bowl 50) @ 9/2 -> 4/1

Accumulator Odds: >6,794/1 -> 5,719/1

Three of the bets in action between now and the next update so a busy week and hopefully all bets still alive and going green. City at home to Everton and Palace on Wednesday and Saturday respectively. Pats have home field advantage for the Divisional Playoff against Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday night.Australian Open kicks off on Sunday night although draw won't be made til later this week so not sure when/who Djokovic plays.

Only getting to update this now due to gremlins eating Boards hamsters or something. Pretty good news. City dropped two points in their two home games but are now only a point behind Arsenal. Djokovic got through first two rounds in straight sets which was to be expected really. Pats won Divisional Final by seven points. Odds have more than halved since originally placing bet.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 11/10
    Novak Djokovic (Australian Open) @ 4/5 -> 4/7
    New England Patriots (Super Bowl 50) @ 9/2 -> 2/1

Accumulator Odds: >6,794/1 -> <3,088/1

Plenty more make/break action between now and the next (intended) update on Monday night. Djokovic plays No. 28 seed Andreas Seppi tomorrow morning and a potential fourth round game should he win that. City away to West Ham on Saturday evening which could be tricky. And on Sunday night Pats are in the Conference Final in Denver against the Broncos.

Fingers crossed I still have six selections to report on on Monday.

Well a bit of a disaster since last update. Patriots lost by two last night and the dream is over. City dropped another two points and are now in second three behind Leicester. Djokovic the only bright point although he did have his struggles in the fourth round. Will keep the thread going as I still have a five-fold and 5 x four-folds alive. Five-fold odds still shorter than when originally backed so that's one positive I suppose.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 5/4
    Novak Djokovic (Australian Open) @ 4/5 -> 4/7
    New England Patriots (Super Bowl 50) @ 9/2 -> Loser

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> >1,102/1
    Potential returns: €3,060.36

Next up is Djokovic's quarter-final tomorrow morning against Kei Nishikori and hopefully by the time I do next update I'll have a winner on the board.

First winner in yesterday with Djokovic winning the Aussie Open yesterday, dropping only three sets in the entire tournament. City have slightly drifted again - more than likely due to the confirmation of Pellegrini's departure for Pep.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 13/10
    Novak Djokovic (Australian Open) @ 4/5 -> Winner

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> <717/1

City have two games this week. Away to Sunderland tomorrow night and a top of the table clash at home to Leicester on Saturday. Hoping to have them top of the league for the next update.

Disaster for City. Scraped by Sunderland and beaten by Leicester on their own turf. Nw sitting in fourth and six points off the lead.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 10/3
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1 -> 13/2

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> <1,267/1

City have another game against one of their title rivals when they play Spurs at home on Sunday

This could have been epic! But it was always going to be difficult for you with those extremely long odds.

Would you try something a bit shorter?

chompdown wrote: »
    This could have been epic! But it was always going to be difficult for you with those extremely long odds.

Would you try something a bit shorter?

To be honest the reason I did this one was because I don't really get much time any more to do any kind of research. This was just a ready-made one.

Makes sense!

Hopefully you find some time to pick out a few value picks and throw them together into something we can follow. That prem prediction thread is good also!

Thanks. And like I said in my OP this was based on yours which I usually follow. Latest is looking healthy by the way

• Advertisement

Late update as this as City are going right down the tubes. Lost last week to Tottenham and have taken a walk in the market. Now in fourth but still six behind Leicester. Not an impossibility but based on the evidence so far they don't look like title winners unless they really step it up in final dozen games. Price of five-fold has nearly doubled since placed.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 7/1
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1 -> 13/2

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> 2,339/1

Nothing coming up between now and Monday but will try to get back into habit of posting every Monday until busto

Another late update. Three-week(?) entry stage has come and gone for Gold Cup with Cue Card still in so a slight shortening of odds. Leicester won yesterday leaving City nine off pace now although with a game in hand.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 7/1
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1 -> 6/1

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> 2,183/1

Man Utd v Arsenal and Spurs v Swansea this afternoon could have some effect on Premier League title race. Will update again tomorrow

Three price changes since yesterday - two positive and one negative.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 6/1
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1 -> 11/2
    Jason Day (US Masters) @ 8/1 -> 9/1

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> <1,971/1

Man City away to Liverpool on Wednesday and home to Villa on Saturday.

City fall further behind but hold their price. Day drifts out another point.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 6/1
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1 -> 11/2
    Jason Day (US Masters) @ 8/1 -> 10/1

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> <2,168/1

Man City away to Norwich on Saturday.

Just updating this for the sake of it now. Massive drift after City dropped more points and Spurs and Leicester keep going. Twelve back now with game in hand. Cue Card shortens again.

Man City (Premier League) @ 6/5 -> 16/1
    Cue Card (Cheltenham Gold Cup) @ 7/1 -> 5/1
    Jason Day (US Masters) @ 8/1 -> 10/1

5-fold Odds: <1,235/1 -> 4,861/1

Could be final update. Gold Cup on Friday and City v United on Sunday.

Advertisement