Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's Christmas Eve!!! What's your plan?!

Options
  • 24-12-2015 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭

It's Christmas Eve!!! What's your plan?!

I shall be making myself a Baileys coffee shortly. I'll then walk in to Dublin City to soak up the atmosphere and do a little bit of last minute shopping. After that I have a reservation for lunch in a nice restaurant at 2pm. Following lunch I plan to meet a few friends for 1 drink. I may then go back to town or I will go home and watch a Christmas movie....I think!

What will you get up to?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Bringing my 2 boys for a nice breakfast with their granddad. Dropping them off to their mothers around lunch. Heading to do last bit of shopping. Meeting a friend later. Then prob spend the night wrapping presents and stuff. Early start tomorrow to be at their house before they get up for santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

In work :(

Might sneak off on a half day of the boss leaves early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

racso1975 wrote: »
    Bringing my 2 boys for a nice breakfast with their granddad. Dropping them off to their mothers around lunch. Heading to do last bit of shopping. Meeting a friend later. Then prob spend the night wrapping presents and stuff. Early start tomorrow to be at their house before they get up for santa.

Sounds lovely! Enjoy brekkie with your boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

slinky2000 wrote: »
    In work :(

Might sneak off on a half day of the boss leaves early.

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Pub till we get kicked out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Work till 12, last of the shopping and drive back home! Few pints tonight before the midnight mass antics!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am in work, will finish in about an hour. Then I will head home, help my mum with the dinner prep. Then its a chippers, a few drinks and A Christmas Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Currently drinking Cava and watching the end of Home Alone 2. Just finished my chocolate chip pancakes. Going to have a shower and shove 25 million presents into the car soon and head to my parents. Hoping to sneak the car antlers onto my husbands car when he's not looking so that they can come with us. :pac: My dad has been perfecting his hot chocolate recipe apparently (the man has so much time on his hands :D) so we'll be knocking some of that back later and he's big into making cocktails so I'm sure they'll make an appearance too. More than anything I'm going to spend as much time as possible in my jammies. :D I was given Christmas Eve jammies this morning so it would be rude not to change into them as soon as possible.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just home from town, was very busy!

Going to collect my friend from work now, then home to open our Christmas stockings.

We will then go visit my folks and then up to her folks. Her mam will mind her little girl and we will go the pub.

Then back to set up Santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Got up at 7 00 to start the food prep. Cooked the ham and spiced beef, made chestnut stuffing and red cabbage and have all the veg ready for tomorrow. We cook the goose on the day. While I was doing that my Hubble did the vacuuming and now we are getting ready to head into town for a wander around. My girls have gone shopping for Christmas jumpers for the dogs but I think they may have left it a bit late. We will head to the local for a drink about 6.00 and then it's home to chill In front of the fire and watch the girls open their Christmas Eve boxes. I love Christmas Eve 🎅🏻🎄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Christmas to all you lovely people! I'm just gonna head out with the rents hunting for half price turkeys in all the supermarkets....it's tradition! Visiting some friends of ours too. I've already had a fry up for brekkie and am just having a sneaky few chocs ;-) this evening I will be relaxing with a glass or two of cava and smoked salmon pate and crackers and watching some Christmas soaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Christmas everyone, slept in this morning, did some last minute shopping no bargains, going to finish my wrapping then get the car loaded up and head to my mam&aunts,nip to the church for a prayer and light some candles on route, then get a shower and new pjs, takeaway some more wrapping then veg in front of the tv for the night waiting for the big man to arrive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Up since 7:15 for turkey/ham collection, food prep, house tidy.

Neighbours coming over later so currently cooking for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Going out to some Christmas gathering in a house with a friend tonight.

It's going to be interesting after not getting a minute of sleep last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

In my Dad's house waiting for Chinese takeaway delivery, and will be heading out for a few drinks shortly! Finally feeling a bit festive!

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Star wars films and glasses of whiskey - Yes I know..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

done some santa stuff earlier, then the afternoon on the bike in forest. perfect christmas eve, all muddy. happy christmas folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'll be in the Drunk Tank

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

A rake of drink for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Sitting on a couch now, whiskey in my hand. My eldest beside me with a G&T. He's down for Christmas. Had a laugh all day. Having a quiet moment now, which I'm loving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Sitting on a couch now, whiskey in my hand. My eldest beside me with a G&T. He's down for Christmas. Had a laugh all day. Having a quiet moment now, which I'm loving

It's Christmas Day now, YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We spent the day getting some food ready for the evening when the in-laws and brother-in-law and wife were coming over for dinner. Bit of a tradition at this stage and to at least do something for the in-laws because they have us over with them for the 25th and most of the 26th.
    Sat down and watched the Snowman with our three year old while our 10 month old had her nap and then the in-laws arrived.
    Loads of food but an early evening, got the girls to bed, finished the wrapping and relaxed before bed at midnight.

Advertisement