Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree stand?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Better late than never.. I was away for a few weeks and only managed to get a real 1.5m tree today (from B&Q - €8.10), but they had no stands..!

Any ideas where to look for one? :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Any good hardware shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Is it a real tree? If so, I have an iron stand, the type you 'screw' into the base of the tree.

I'm in Dublin 15 and you can have it for €10

OR

Alternatively they have the plastic bases that you can fill with water in Woodies (Blanchardstown) for (I think) €20

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Iron stands, the type you 'screw' into the base of the tree, are great in my experience as they make the tree quite stable and less likely to fall. However, you will need to drill a small hole in the base of the tree so the stand will screw in to it. Your tree is quite small so any stand should do... try woodies or any hardware shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

ejabrod wrote: »
    Is it a real tree? If so, I have an iron stand, the type you 'screw' into the base of the tree.

I'm in Dublin 15 and you can have it for €10

OR

Alternatively they have the plastic bases that you can fill with water in Woodies (Blanchardstown) for (I think) €20

That screw type is great! Thank you for replying. I actually managed to find a spare one from a friend yesterday so all good. Christmas spirit is all set now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have to swear by the big green one you get that you kinda screw three sides into the tree. Best ever because it doesn't really matter what size the base is..

Great that you found one, don't worry your not the last.. The parents only got one yesterday and its still not decorated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

YanisK wrote: »
    That screw type is great! Thank you for replying. I actually managed to find a spare one from a friend yesterday so all good. Christmas spirit is all set now :pac:

Glad you got sorted! Have a great Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

You too guys, thanx for engaging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Just received the real tree but with NO stand.. I know it's an old thread I'm pulling up. But where can I get one?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Whereabouts in the country are you based?

Edit, ah I see it's Dublin. I know the Christmas tree place in Milltown sells the water stands, if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Woodies still have some.

• Advertisement
Advertisement