Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend coming over for Christmas

Options
  • 20-12-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

So my girlfriend is coming over for Christmas in Ireland, its her first time in Ireland and I wanna do the best things. She's from America. Has anyone got any good ideas on things to do. Not too expensive if possible too haha!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

What hobbies does she have? No point recommending a hike up Howth if your girlfriend hates physical exercise, or suggesting a trip to the Jameson distillery if she's teetotal.

But yeah to the riding - if it's a long distance relationship, make sure to leave enough time to "express your love physically, as is the style of the time".

• Registered Users Posts: 2 schweps

Lol, yeah dont worry I have lots of time set aside for that..

I was thinking Jameson Distillery, Guinness Factory, maybe the ghost tour (she likes ghost stuff), pantomime, Laughter Lounge, Whelans for a gig..

Is there anything special going on over christmas that is a must? That you cant get anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Has she been outside the States much? If not, then you could do well visiting the oldest places in Dublin - the crypt in Christchurch is about four times as old as her country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,678 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Bring her to Croke Park. Some museums maybe as well. Try and go out into the country too maybe to Wicklow or to the west the Wild Atlantic way maybe. The Titanic quarter up North is another great place to go and the Giants Causeway too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Phoenix park chill out and ate a bag a crips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

My girlfriend is from abroad too. When she visited we did all the Dublin things...guinness, jameson, museums, shopping, pubs etc. Did all that in a couple of days. Then I took her to Greystones, Powerscourt and Newgrange. She loved those places. She particularly liked Newgrange, was fascinated by it. Good thing is they are easy enough to get too. Weather permitting of course :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Introduce her to cold Irish weather by taking a dip in the sea on Christmas day... The 40 foot is good craic.

Don't forget a flask of mulled wine.

Advertisement