Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun: WTF Were They Thinking Award

Options
  • 16-12-2015 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭

Rules
    - No more than 3 Nominations per person, please.
    - This is for the worst gaming decision in 2015 - a poor game, a delay, a game-ruining gameplay mechanic or any other disastrous game-related decision.
    - Must apply to a game that was released on or after January 1st 2015 (search for the game on http://www.gamefaqs.com and look at the data tab for a release date).
    - Top 6-8 will go forward for the Vote (exact number dependent on number of nominations received).
    - This is the third group of nominations. Final group at the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mr E wrote: »
    Rules
    - No more than 3 Nominations per person, please.
    - This is for the worst gaming decision in 2015 - a poor game, a delay, a game-ruining gameplay mechanic or any other disastrous game-related decision.
    - Must apply to a game that was released on or after January 1st 2015 (search for the game on http://www.gamefaqs.com and look at the data tab for a release date).
    - Top 6-8 will go forward for the Vote (exact number dependent on number of nominations received).
    - This is the third group of nominations. Final group at the weekend.

1.Batman - Arkham knight and the decision to leave the PC port into the wild in the state it was, then pull it from steam, then release it again and offer refunds even if you'd completed the game.
    2. Metal Gear Solid and the whole Konami / Kojima fiasco. the whole thing was / is mind boggling from a PR standpoint, the fact that half the internet seems to think its all some elaborate ruse just shows how mixed the messaging is.

cant think of much else tbh.

Star Wars Battlefront: Classic money grab, little or no content. Should have been released as Battlefield 4 DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The introduction of the Batmobile in Arkham Knight. I can't think of a single other gameplay mechanic in any game that ruined the experience as much as that. I wanted to play a Batman game not a driving game. And a pretty bad driving game at that.

I'll also add releasing the Witcher 3 in the state they did. I encountered a game breaking bug that prevented me from continuing. Not great value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

the Batmobile in Arkham Knight. Ruined the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Arkham Knight - releasing it in the state it was in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arkham Knight on PC - A good game ruined by complete snobbery towards PC gamers by Warner Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Konami

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Another for Arkham Knight, unprecedented lack of cop-on in the PC release, required an unprecedented withdrawal from sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Konami - PES debacle, MGSV, treatment of employees/Kojima, switch to mobile games/pachinko machines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1. Arkham Knight on PC
    2. Konami's treatment of Kojima

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Arkham Knight - PC release was a disaster and they've just given up.
    Konami - Pretty much everything they do, especially the treatment of Kojima.
    Star Wars: Battlefront - Complete lack of a campaign of single player mode was a massive let down, repetitive game play and a bit of a cash grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Releasing MGSV with missions and parts of the real ending cut out.
    The state of Rainbow Six Siege, where to begin. Ubi need to go back to the games from 1998-2003.
    No campaign or space combat in Battlefront, all the work getting a great looking game just wasted. Also the basic flying controls dumbs down any dogfights and there is a scripted evade move....why. Could all have been epic. 2005 version was and still is a better game experience.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Konami
    Steam's paid mods feature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Konami

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Steam paid mods for skyrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Bungie - re-releasing Destiny and having mugs (like me), who bought the original game and the two expansions to fork out nearly 75e for the whole thing again. I sold my copy.
    Konami - THE NEW SILENT HILLS IS....a pachinko machine...!?!?
    And just Konami in general really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Steam paid mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Paid mods on steam.
    Arkham knights pc port fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Arkham Knight PC port
    Konami just in general
    MGSV incomplete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Rainbow 6 Siege - Removing the campaign from a Tom Clancys branded game. (it might be a good game, but sales are not good and I can't help thinking it would have done much better with a campaign).

Arkham Knight - Forcing the Batmobile on us for nearly the whole game.

Halo 5 - No Firefight mode, Warzone is crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mgsv - base/resource development and incomplete story

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Konami's treatment of Kojima, cancellation of Silent Hills & removal of PT
    Tony Hawk's pro skater garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Konami in General
    MGS V - incomplete story
    Arkham Knight - The damn batmobile

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement