Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSO Census Field Supervisors

• 11-11-2015 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I was looking for a thread for this but could only find old ones. I am called for interview in Waterford on the 25th. I wasn't expecting to be called, just chanced my arm sending off the application. I have very little supervisory experience. Just wondering if anybody has been for an interview yet? How hard was it??? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I also have an interview Wednesday in the North east. It would suit me as a stop gap at the moment.

There is an information booklet for candidates which you probably read, and a 2002 handbook is online too, that gives an idea of the position.

But I don't like, or see the reason, as to the fact you are precluded from any public service jobs for 2 years after. That is a penality if anything from applying if you are intending to apply for future public service roles.

BTW The pay is less than a 40hr week at lidl stocking shelves, and consumes more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

Ligertigon thanks for that. I know the money isn't great but working from home for 6 months would suit me. I thought you were only precluded from applying for the public service again for 2 years if you took redundancy or early retirement from the public service???

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

I too have an interview on Thursday. Did the interview last time and went on a panel but wasn't needed. The interview from what I remember was about how to motivate under preforming staff and also how to handle irate public/staff. I'd like to know what way the hours would be working from home, would I be able to drop and pick up kids from school etc? Do you make your own hours as long as the work is done?

kapa wrote: »
    Ligertigon thanks for that. I know the money isn't great but working from home for 6 months would suit me. I thought you were only precluded from applying for the public service again for 2 years if you took redundancy or early retirement from the public service???

Think your right about that, I mis read it...:(

I have the interview at 9 in the morning. I will let you know what it was like and what type of questions etc. Good Luck;)

• Advertisement

Good luck to you :)

Had my interview this morning. Lasted about 40 minutes. There was a panel of 3 (2 regional supervisors and 1 person from CSO) The interview was tough enough. They asked a lot of questions about my previous employment and how what I did would relate to this job. A lot of questions about staff motivation and what I would do if I had problems with the enumerators, that was the toughest part. They didn't ask anything about the interview process. Good luck everybody

Had mine wed too. 3 x interviewers. 1 asked about my education, 1 about management of people history (the regional supervisor). 1 gave info about the role.

Pleasant experience. hope I get it. If I don't.. I perservere:)

ligertigon wrote: »
    Had mine wed too. 3 x interviewers. 1 asked about my education, 1 about management of people history (the regional supervisor). 1 gave info about the role.

Pleasant experience. hope I get it. If I don't.. I perservere:)

Me too. They said we will know before Xmas. 2 weeks of interviews finish today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Has anyone experience of working as a field supervisor or as an enumerator

• Advertisement

2 weeks? your a busy bunny. I am job hunting too, but getting interviews seems to be my problem. I'd say your getting better at them by this stage!

Just got my dear John on this one.
    Sending in the vetting form late probably didn't help!!

I just got an email too. I'm on a panel, I won't hold my breathe.

caitb wrote: »
    I just got an email too. I'm on a panel, I won't hold my breathe.

I'm also on the panel. That's probably all I will hear

Starting to think I dodged a bullet on this one. Best of luck to you guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amolon01

Has anyone received a phone call to say they got the job? I'm also on a panel.

I heard nothing yet but hopefully its early days

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blaa Blaa Boy

I've also got a place on the panel. It seems to me that you either get the "dear john" letter or get on the panel. Those successful on getting an early start should be informed by the end of next week. Anyone out there get a job offer straight away?

I've also got a place on the panel. It seems to me that you either get the "dear john" letter or get on the panel. Those successful on getting an early start should be informed by the end of next week. Anyone out there get a job offer straight away?

I heard nothing yet. Keeping fingers crossed

Nothing here either.

• Advertisement

Heard nothing either. In 2011 people who were successful got a phone call a couple of days after getting the panel letter. Doesn't look too promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 skinnybear

Any one with any news yet, still waiting but losing hope as each day passes?

I know how you feel. I have heard nothing either. Going to keep hoping until Friday.:(

Haven't heard anything either. Won't be holding my breath.

Not a peep here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 skinnybear

Well no news is good news. Would be alot worse if calls where being made. Will give it until friday and then move one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blaa Blaa Boy

Nothing here folks. One of us must get the green light, so although I'm starting to think the worst, am still barely optimistic. Just noticed the enumerator jobs went live yesterday.

Nothing here either. Yes, surely at least one of us will get a call!!!!!!!!

On the day of my interview, the Indo had an article saying that the CSO had already recruited the field officers, and would be recruiting enumerators in January.??????????

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-big-count-census-2016-date-revealed-34229099.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

My wife also got a call about 2 weeks ago stating that she was on a panel and they would get back to her in 2 weeks to let her know or not at all.
    She's still waiting

Advertisement