Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extreme Couponing?

Options
  • 12-12-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am watching extreme couponing on the TV and in awe of how much they save!?!
    Is there anything like this in Ireland? Can we print out coupons?
    I have looked all over the Internet and have found nothing!
    Thanks everyone!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, we have nothing over here, on the scale that the Yanks have. Couponing clipping is a virtual industry over there. It's not here. In the US, the weekend Newspapers will be comprised of 5% newspaper and 95% coupon inserts from supermarkets, department stores, drug store chains etc etc. You can pick up more inserts from racks in the shops themselves. If you go on store/brand/company mailing lists, you'll get more coupons out to you in the post, or emailed to you that you can print off at home. It's a whole industry unto itself & if you have the time and energy to sort thru all the paper, you'll get your mega savings. We just aren't set up for that here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Moved from Television

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Market for it here?

Love that show :) would be class if that was available over here :D one episode I remember a lady got something like $800+ Of grocerys and her total came to minus a couple of cents so they owed her money :D class stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a combination of things in the US. Coupons are found everywhere, plus lots of the supermarket chains will allow you to double up coupons or have some other promotions.

I was in a supermarket in Cleveland one day, picking up a few things, including a bottle of Fiji water. The till operator pulled out a bag of coupons from under her till, rifled through it and gave me a coupon for my water. Said she clipped them and shared them with her customers.

I remember coupons were far more prevalent in Ireland back in the 80s. My mother always had an envelope with coupons. Then things started to improve I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Sure pigsback started with grocery coupons, then moved away from it, think there was major problems with them, I used them all the time but some shops kept you waiting ages to prove they were legit... Others just never used to accept them, especially against special offers.

I love grocery shopping stateside, is a national past time to hunt coupons!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know, most US chains have stopped allowing double couponing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

the best we can hope for here is aldi / lidl around major holidays

Advertisement