Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

The leave also falls nicely before exams haha, the hint could not be clearer! 2 days before week 8s and 3 days before week 16s the two big choke point exams, where if you fail you get one resit and your job is on the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Anyone know how many jobs might come out of campaign 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

What do you think the extra £160m in funding over the next 5 years will mean for recruitment? Good news i'd imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

You would hope so. Police Fed have said a significant slice of it should go on recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

PSNI tweet; 'Almost 5,500 applicants received in recent recruitment process'

• Advertisement

Breakdown of recruitment numbers for 2015 & 2014 in case anyone is interested

http://www.psni.police.uk/figures_from_psni_recruitment_campaign_-__20_11_15

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tirchonaill77

I missed the boat in applying they probably wont have anymore recruitment drives for a few years :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Anyone had their IST yet and how did they get on? Also possibly stupid question but I assume casual clothes are grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Yea mate, casual. I wore jeans and a hoodie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod note:

Hi gang.

After much consideration, I decided to delete any reference to that useless book we were talking about. Even bad publicity is publicity, and thanks to you all, it has been shown that the book has no verifiable value, and it raises more questions than it supposedly answers.

Ordinarily, I would just delete posts and move on without posting a note, but I feel it's only fair to let you all know why I want any reference of this book removed from the forum.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Just had a look at Police Scotland recruitment and it says their process takes 6-9 weeks....that's a blink of the eye over here lol, they also have ongoing recruitment, tempted to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Just had a look at Police Scotland recruitment and it says their process takes 6-9 weeks....that's a blink of the eye over here lol, they also have ongoing recruitment, tempted to apply.

It's worth a go. The job is much different according to a colleague of mine who transferred, and apparently PSNI is far better but it's still worth it

I suppose it would be a foot in the door and the opportunity to gain core skills that would be transferable if chose to come home and apply for PSNI again.

Thanks for the extra info though, it gives me something to mull over whilst waiting about on IST results.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

I suppose it would be a foot in the door and the opportunity to gain core skills that would be transferable if chose to come home and apply for PSNI again.

Thanks for the extra info though, it gives me something to mull over whilst waiting about on IST results.

It's all experience and at the end of the day, you'd still have the job you're after!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

You can't apply for the Police in Scotland whilst you have an application ongoing with any other police service.

Taken from their website, (as I remember thinking the same thing waiting for my IST results this time last year! My god its a long process.... took me 15 months!)

- You cannot apply if you have submitted an application that is still being considered by any other police force.

- You cannot apply if you have been rejected by any police force in the UK in the last 6 months.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/recruitment/police-officers/eligibility/

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    You can't apply for the Police in Scotland whilst you have an application ongoing with any other police service.

Taken from their website, (as I remember thinking the same thing waiting for my IST results this time last year! My god its a long process.... took me 15 months!)

- You cannot apply if you have submitted an application that is still being considered by any other police force.

- You cannot apply if you have been rejected by any police force in the UK in the last 6 months.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/recruitment/police-officers/eligibility/

Cheers, didn't notice that bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Scotland have consolidated training events, you arrive on the Monday and you'll finish on the Wednesday/Thursday with a conditional offer pending medical and vetting.

Being from Northern Ireland you'll need to attend the training events in Aberdeen, the next consolidated event is in 22nd February. Few of my friends transferred to Scotland and they love it.

D4z wrote: »
    Scotland have consolidated training events, you arrive on the Monday and you'll finish on the Wednesday/Thursday with a conditional offer pending medical and vetting.

Being from Northern Ireland you'll need to attend the training events in Aberdeen, the next consolidated event is in 22nd February. Few of my friends transferred to Scotland and they love it.

I wish I could apply alongside the PSNI but can't, so I'll see how the pans out.

Hopefully if it doesn't work out here I'll apply for Scotland sometime in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Well folks that date is getting closer, anyone else got the excited, nervous twisted knots in the gut yet?

Mop a top wrote: »
    Well folks that date is getting closer, anyone else got the excited, nervous twisted knots in the gut yet?

Haven't thought about it much this time around but looking forward to finding out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Only finally got IST out of the way very very recently so currently enjoying the relief of one thing off the list before back to hitting the online learning, training for pca!! My prediction for results is 5.30 on Thursday evening!

Are we starting a book lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tirchonaill77

Maybe a silly question but I honestly don't know the answer. Has the 50/50 recruitment stopped in the PSNI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Maybe a silly question but I honestly don't know the answer. Has the 50/50 recruitment stopped in the PSNI?

The 50/50 rule has been abolished and hasn't been used in the last 2 campaigns.

Yeah, it stopped as of the beginning of 2013 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Hi Guys! Newbie here.. Through to assessment centre end of Jan, any tips? (Within the rules), very informative reading the fourm, thanks to all.

Goodluck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Hi Guys! Newbie here.. Through to assessment centre end of Jan, any tips? (Within the rules), very informative reading the fourm, thanks to all.

Goodluck to everyone!

End of Jan? Mine is much later than that! :-o

Don't make the same mistake I did and not read all the information correctly! Apart from that, it is all down to your communication skills.

Anyone else had their AC venue changed??? Bit raging cos I'd booked a room for the night before so I wasn't road raging in heels lmfao

Anyone else had their AC venue changed??? Bit raging cos I'd booked a room for the night before so I wasn't road raging in heels lmfao

I got the email but my AC isn't at the venue they are changing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Same boat, got the email this afternoon

Advertisement