Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Wrapping Ideas?

• 25-10-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I love going all-out with my Christmas wrapping and come up with a different "theme" each year. Two years ago I had plain black wrapping paper with gold ribbon and bows. Last year I just used parcel paper with big red ribbons and tied on cheap, old-fashioned wooden Christmas tree decorations instead of name tags! My presents always look the bloody best! :D And I want to come up with something even better this year but I'm having a bit of a creative block. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I got a present wrapped in newspaper last year with big wide velvet red ribbon and it looked bloody cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

a friend always uses newspapers or plain brown parcel paper to wrap presents with a cinnamon stick tied in with the ribbon bow. They always look (and smell) so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I love those newspaper ideas with the red ribbon, very vintage! The only problem is, will the print from the newspaper not go everywhere? :o

Oooh I've just been googling and found two ideas I adore. This one with newspaper and leftover wrapping paper is so pretty. And this one with jingle bells sheet music! Might be a bit difficult to get hold of some decent sheet music though, think I'll go with the newspaper one. Thanks!

Oooh I've just been googling and found two ideas I adore. This one with newspaper and leftover wrapping paper is so pretty. And this one with jingle bells sheet music! Might be a bit difficult to get hold of some decent sheet music though, think I'll go with the newspaper one. Thanks!

I believe if you lightly spray the neswpaper with hairspray the print won't come off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Has anyone seen any paper like this online (somewhere that delivers to Ireland!)?

http://homeshopping.24studio.co.uk/christmas-book/cards-wrap/wrap-tags/2/black-gold-greetings-roll-wrap/1?wmpsorigin=search

I'd love to get it and use gold/red ribbons with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I always use brown paper (each member of the family has their own style, it's as important as the gifts themselves)...

Last year I painted styrofoam baubles in custom styles for every gift, the threading of them wasn't particularly easy, I just did it with gren gardening wire..

The year before I made salt dough decorations, added plenty of cinnamon to the mix and egg washed half way through cooking, so they were lovely and dark and very shiny.

This year I'm not so sure, in the past I've had great success with potato printing and cutting stencils from acetate and spray painting... I know for sure I am going to dry out some orange and lemon peels in the oven, thread them and maybe do something with a cinnamon stick, as mentioned by Lpfsox.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They sound amazing!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Necron

Tin foil is great to wrap your presents in. No one does it so imagine peoples face when they see it.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm happy out cos have had a very productive day, got all my shopping done and started on my wrapping. Really liking how it has turned out so far.

• Advertisement

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm happy out cos have had a very productive day, got all my shopping done and started on my wrapping. Really liking how it has turned out so far.

Very pretty, where did you get the ribbons

Very pretty, where did you get the ribbons

Thanks! The green ribbon is from Inspiring Ideas. The ones with the little shapes on them were bought in Lidl about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Will you wrap my presents for me too please?

I have one wrapped so far, we won't talk about the god-awful job I did on wrapping things. I much prefer when my boyfriend wraps things, can't get him to wrap his own though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Not directly related to Christmas... But I've just found a crafting channel on Sky 674. There's a gift-wrapping special on at 5pm this evening. No idea what it'll be like but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Anyone ever pleat their wrapping paper?

I can't even picture what that would look like! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Posy wrote: »
    I can't even picture what that would look like! :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0GE5qdJtJs

Holy crap- they even cut the edges and use double sided sticky tape. :eek:

I don't think I'd ever be able to let someone unwrap the gift if I wrapped that ornately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw the pleating on that crafting channel that was posted here. I would fail miserably at that. Using double sided tape when wrapping presents is a great idea though. I'm definitely going to get some the next time I need to wrap a gift. Even though the show I watched (and the channel) was trying to sell the products they were using I picked up some good tips.

Shamelessly bumping this for another year :D Started my wrapping last night. Went with red and white this year.

Bought the wrapping paper in Easons. It was €4.50 a roll but absolutely beautiful, really thick and has a lovely sheen on it. The twine and mini baubles are from M&S, and the ribbons, decorative adhesive tape and the cute ribbons with the bells and horses on them are from Lidl.

17csDon.jpg

olJyl92.jpg

imvkeN7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah here that wrapping is so good, I don't think I could ever open it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

That is gorgeous. Real vintage looking I think ! Suddenly realising I don't put half as much time into wrapping as I should ... goes to cry in corner :p did it take you long to wrap them !?

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    That is gorgeous. Real vintage looking I think ! Suddenly realising I don't put half as much time into wrapping as I should ... goes to cry in corner :p did it take you long to wrap them !?

It takes up too much time and too much money :o I stick on a movie or something while doing them and I don't notice the time going by! I seem to have a load of little presents to wrap this year though so it's going to be a bit of a pain...a pile more still to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It takes up too much time and too much money :o I stick on a movie or something while doing them and I don't notice the time going by! I seem to have a load of little presents to wrap this year though so it's going to be a bit of a pain...a pile more still to do!

So worth the outcome though !! They look fab :)

Started my wrapping last night. Went with red and white this year.
    When I was wrapping my presents a few weeks ago I actually thought "I wonder what theme ibarelycare is going for this year?" I'm glad I know now! :D

Posy wrote: »
    When I was wrapping my presents a few weeks ago I actually thought "I wonder what theme ibarelycare is going for this year?" I'm glad I know now! :D

:D you can sleep easy now! What did you go with?

My usual theme of stupidly pricey really nice wrapping paper and GIANT RIBBONS! :D:D

Advertisement