Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Band Aid

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For me nothing compares to the original 1984. It's unbeatable. Band aid 20 isn't bad. The less said about 30 and 2 the better haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

The original will always be the best. But I do like Band Aid 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jaysus, I've never even heard of that 1989 one! It's awful. Not Band Aid 30 awful, obviously, but close. I don't like any of them really but the original is the best of them by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Yeah band aid 2, never heard of it. You'll never beat the original, same as fairy tale of New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Never heard of Band Aid II?? Eh, Going Live did a special report about it featuring Jason Donovan answering a phone and Bob Geldof pretending the output of PWL was 'relevant'. How is this not a watershed moment in everyone's lives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I'm 29 and I'll always love the original over the other 3!!

Was wondering this earlier, do the royalties for this song go to charity? I'd be disgusted if they don't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was wondering this earlier, do the royalties for this song go to charity? I'd be disgusted if they don't.

They sure do. It's a big money earner for the respective charities the royalities go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wattlebird

I wasn't alive for the first two, but the original is the best without a doubt. It makes me feel nostalgic even though I wasn't born then. :p 1989 and 2004 are non-entities and didn't even know they existed... 2014 one was ok I suppose, but most of the female voices are too breathy and ooohy to suit the song.

Advertisement