Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know your elves - #13 Toto Wolfcastle

• 30-11-2015 11:20am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here we go. Week 13, today is the last Monday/day in November.

December is coming. The toy show has come and gone. Shops are now more resemblance war zones than anything else. Trees and lights are popping up all over the place and Christmas FM is back.

What a difference a week makes! This week we are joined but one of our hardcore posters, even in spring and summer she graces us with her wonderful spirit. It's the artist formerly known as Bobblehead Panda, it's Toto Wolfcastle!!

Right time to kick off.

Roses or quality street? Favourite sweet from each?

Favourite Christmas song?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi toto !

Bit of a different question for you do you do the Christmas grocery shopping ? If so do you have a battle plan or is it a mad scurry around packed shops looking for the last Carton of milk ?

Also do you have a favourite color or theme for your christmas decorations , accessories or table settings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Here we go. Week 13, today is the last Monday/day in November.

December is coming. The toy show has come and gone. Shops are now more resemblance war zones than anything else. Trees and lights are popping up all over the place and Christmas FM is back.

What a difference a week makes! This week we are joined but one of our hardcore posters, even in spring and summer she graces us with her wonderful spirit. It's the artist formerly known as Bobblehead Panda, it's Toto Wolfcastle!!

Right time to kick off.

Roses or quality street? Favourite sweet from each?

Favourite Christmas song?
    Yay I can't believe it's my week already! Thanks, LoughC!

I don't like Roses or Quality Street. I used to like Roses when I was a kid but I never really liked Quality Street. I used to love the orange one, the tiny Bournville and the praline one in Roses, and if I had to have a Quality Street I always chose the green triangle.

Favourite Christmas songs are Feliz Navidad, the Christmas Can Can and Driving Home For Christmas but I love so many of them. Oh and This Christmas by Funzo!
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi toto !

Bit of a different question for you do you do the Christmas grocery shopping ? If so do you have a battle plan or is it a mad scurry around packed shops looking for the last Carton of milk ?

Also do you have a favourite color or theme for your christmas decorations , accessories or table settings ?

I don't have to do any grocery shopping beyond our usual weekly shop at Christmas. We have Christmas with family in other houses so there's no need to buy anything really, apart from a few sweets and some bubbly. If I had to, I'd do it with military precision. I have the regular grocery shopping down to a fine art at this stage and I hate spending too much time in supermarkets so I'd definitely have it all done as far in advance as possible and in as little time as possible.

Since my late teens I've always been about the red and gold so that's what we have at the moment but as soon as the lights we have now (red ones) break I'm getting coloured ones. I love the slightly mismatched look of having all different coloured decorations and lights on the tree, just like when I was a kid!

Thanks for the questions!

There's more to come lol :)

What are your thoughts on tinsel ? A festive must have or something to avoid at all costs !

Does it take you long to decorate the house for Christmas ?

Do you let your OH /kids / family help with decorations or do you prefer to do it solo!

There's more to come lol :)

What are your thoughts on tinsel ? A festive must have or something to avoid at all costs !
    I think I like the idea of tinsel more than I like having it in my house. I love it for offices and shops and stuff like that. My memories of it are of the really thin pieces that looked rubbish on the tree. My parents would never buy new tinsel no matter how much we begged. :D
    Does it take you long to decorate the house for Christmas ?
    Nope! We have a tree that comes in 3 parts so that slots together easily. The lights are wrapped around an old wrapping paper tube so they're rarely tangled. And then we just have a few bits for the mantelpiece, like stocking holders and some lights. I'm building my collection so that the place can look even more Christmassy but for the moment it's confined to the sitting room so it's easy peasy.
    Do you let your OH /kids / family help with decorations or do you prefer to do it solo!
    My husband and I decorate together. It's more fun that way and he enjoys it (almost) as much as I do. I'd hate to do it on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Hi Toto!

Are you in charge of making the Christmas dinner? What is your favourite part (to eat, not good :D)

What Christmas specials are you looking forward to watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

When do you think I'll be able to change the pre-sets on my car radio back? :D

Hi Toto!

Are you in charge of making the Christmas dinner? What is your favourite part (to eat, not good :D)
    Hello! Nope! My mother doesn't let me help (even though she knows I love to cook!) and my mother in law is the type who loves being on her feet after everyone has been served so we just let her at it! My favourite part is my dad's stuffing. It's amazing.
    What Christmas specials are you looking forward to watching?
    I don't think I've watched many Christmas specials. The Gavin and Stacey special is great though so if it's on at some stage I'll watch it. What I really look forward to is the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. It's always good fun.
    Zaph wrote: »
    When do you think I'll be able to change the pre-sets on my car radio back? :D
    Not that you'd want to change them back, obviously, but they can be changed next year if any of the Christmas FM frequencies change. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Real tree or fake tree?

What is your ultimate Christmas drink?

Have you many presents left to buy?

If you could erase one Christmas song from existence, what would you choose?

Scarinae wrote: »
    Real tree or fake tree?
    I like the smell of a real tree, but not the hassle, so fake all the way. Fake trees look better anyway.
    What is your ultimate Christmas drink?
    I've ramped up my hot chocolate consumption over the last few weeks! I'm a big bubbly fan so that's my go to drink at Christmas.
    Have you many presents left to buy?
    Nope! Chocolates to add to a kris kindle present, a scarf for my sister and some beer and I'll be done.
    If you could erase one Christmas song from existence, what would you choose?
    Easy. Christmas Shoes. Awful awful song. Not a fan of that War Is Over song either, although I wont turn it off like I do with Christmas Shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Have you ever been away from your home city/town for Christmas? If so, where and what was it like? If you haven't, would you ever do it? :)

• Advertisement

Is there any tradition that means a lot to your family, that it just wouldn't feel like christmas without ?

Do you colour theme your decorations ?

Do you only decorate the living room or is it a whole house deal ! :)

leahyl wrote: »
    Have you ever been away from your home city/town for Christmas? If so, where and what was it like? If you haven't, would you ever do it? :)
    Nope, it's always been my parents' house or my in-laws. I think maybe if I wont the Euromillions or something I'd like to spend it in an amazing hotel in New York or somewhere like that, but only if I was guaranteed some turkey! Tbh I'd love to spend Christmas in my own house but there's only 2 of us and there would be too many people to invite over so it's best that we go elsewhere.
    Is there any tradition that means a lot to your family, that it just wouldn't feel like christmas without ?

Santa! My parents still do Santa so walking into their living room on Christmas morning is still very exciting. We get a stocking outside our bedroom doors too so I love that. Even my husband gets a stocking, after years of no Santa. He must have been on the naughty list until he met me! When we're not with my family for Christmas Santa still manages to deliver my presents to my house. I love it.
    Do you colour theme your decorations ?

Not really, although initially we did so we have a lot of stuff that's coordinated. We tend to buy what we like and generally what we like goes together quite well so I suppose there is an unintended theme.
    Do you only decorate the living room or is it a whole house deal ! :)

Just the living room, although the Feliz Navidad sign my parents bought me might have to stay in the kitchen this year. Oh and last year my husband secretly put his old fiber optic tree in the computer room when I wasn't looking (well actually he locked me in the sitting room so he could surprise me) so that will be there this year again.

Thanks for all the questions!

Advertisement